IGNORED

[Universal Monsters] Dark Universe

nefilim

Seems Universal is doing marvel/dc kinda thing and creating shared universe for
it's monsters to roam together aka visit each other movies.

pre-order-bonus.png.668c3e9e1f9439eaff741789bd31a955.png

Movies we know so far :

• Mummy : Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella (+ Russell Crowe)
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde : Russell Crowe
  • Frankenstein : Javier Bardem
  • The Invisible Man : Johnny Depp

wskitc8s0cbcz9gewsfx.png.c55b03db614b41f24e2646bfedb60a63.png

One may wonder what happens to all the plans if The Mummy flops big time ???

59232da423da9_scratch-head03-idea-animated-animat.gifc200.gif.30fe6e70845bd112d7f9474c2522d5c3.gif

With The Mummy's release this Friday, Universal will officially launch its shared world of creepy monsters, officially titled the Dark Universe. For the last couple years, the other notable monsters who've been confirmed to appear in this franchise have been Frankenstein's monster, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Invisible Man and The Creature from the Black Lagoon, as well as monster hunter Van Helsing. However, when crafting a cinematic universe, adding more players to the game comes with the territory, and it's been revealed that somewhere down the line, moviegoers will see the Dark Universe iterations of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Phantom of the Opera and Dracula.

Kurtzman : " There are characters within those films that can grow and expand and maybe even spin off. I think that digging into deep mythologies about monsters around the world is fair game for us, as well and connecting the monsters that we know to some surprising monsters could also be really interesting. "

9 hours ago, psychoscot said:

The critics who's opinions I have any respect for seem to like it, that's enough for me to go tomorrow, plus Cruise does no wrong in my eyes. Never seen a terrible film starring Tom

Seems nobody agreed with anything I wrote yesterday. LOL.

that happens.

9 hours ago, psychoscot said:

The critics who's opinions I have any respect for seem to like it, that's enough for me to go tomorrow, plus Cruise does no wrong in my eyes. Never seen a terrible film starring Tom

Btw. where have you found positive rewievs. I just cant find any from the sites I read daily.

" The busy film received overwhelmingly negative reception, with most calling out the movie’s seemingly unrelated interconnected plot of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tied in with an entirely different monster story. Other reviews call out the main story itself, criticizing a jumbled, messy plot. "

Variety

2 hours ago, nefilim said:

Btw. where have you found positive rewievs. I just cant find any from the sites I read daily.

Empire Magazine, Total Film magazine, Daily Telegraph, Entertainment Weekly. All liked it, not love it. But gave it a thumbs up as an entertaining if uneven film story wise. I rarely disagree with Empire, it's my Bible. 

Awards

@nefilim

Tom Cruise is a hard one . 

I think he is outstanding with his fans first and foremost .

As a Hype machine because of the type of roles he takes the media feed off his persona that feeds the Hype Machine .

His best movies where in my lowly opinion Legend , Minority Report ,Interview With The Vampire .

I dont dislike him I dont get the Hype .

The nudge was Russell Crow ?

Archived