• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, mwatkins02 said:

@deckard99,

I really, really like the Blade Runner box. Here I thought I had everything BR and then this pops up. Congrats on owing a fine collector's box .

The Blade Runner DVD can be had for a pretty reasonable price these days. Has some nice goodies inside, similar to the suitcase edition. I have tons more Blade Runner stuff but just posted the DVD editions here.

• Like 1

Heres just a few of the DVD Spec Eds I have .... they don’t really see  the light of day anymore ... since Bluray and Premiums took over but I’d never get rid of them ... they were kind of the stepping stones to my current collection... anyhow ...

Anchor Bay Hellraiser /Hellbound : Hellraiser II uncut Tin and Artisan Total Recall.... 

589C283F-F858-415A-849B-958F812B40B8.thumb.jpeg.6904df56ce6c645793d89008912299b9.jpeg

Couple of  HMV Definitive Edition SBs 

4 Disc Kingdom of Heaven and 2 DiscMr and Mrs Smith .... with awesome DTS sound...

CF64426B-AEE9-45C4-B466-9E6B3C514370.thumb.jpeg.8527d29fff90c52edf7408bfeb9ee545.jpeg

... Sin City Recut and Extended....2 Disc CE..

9642E9E1-6765-4583-B40C-615CFA2A9FAD.thumb.jpeg.fbd24d05cc741124039df5134b192b91.jpeg

US Edition Die Hard Trilogy boxset THX /dts digitally remastered editions and HMV Die Hard 4 SB...869884A5-4F66-4804-82CE-86CA7FFF0DBD.thumb.jpeg.1c3d41d9e38cc980c5ed1804c8e55d0b.jpeg

...probably my most fave Bladerunner Edition the Steel Tin 5 Disc ultimate CE .....

2C7CA1DB-684A-4FCD-BA6C-C83E3165B624.thumb.jpeg.99388120813031cfa6d5b7b8796af165.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

^^ Some really sweet spec eds there @ukade2327, thanks for sharing!  🤩

edit:  Anchor Bay for a long time was THE GO-TO for excellent dvds with lots of extras. I wish they were doing same in the Blu-ray market...  🙁

Of course @deckard99 your BR collection is truly impressive and though mine is pretty nice, you've gone the extra mile my friend, awesome!

Heh, there's a couple of lurkers here that I bet have some really sweet DVD spec eds as well, let's see 'em my friends! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:58 PM, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

I was doing a bit of shelf organizing today and noticed, dang, I have quite a few DvDs still.

I started looking over some of my dvd special editions, most I've since rep[laced with Blus but still thought, "nah, I'm never parting with that".

Here's a pic of some of my faves, heh, had to stop somewhere...

So, do you folk have a special edition dvd that is gonna get thrown in the box with ya when they plant ya?

Let's see 'em!  🤩

image.thumb.jpeg.579be7eb43a0acf63fc89a17cf5281c0.jpeg

What a Great idea for a thread.

I love that Roughnecks collection, really enjoyed that cartoon & would love to have that set

The Blind Dead Coffin set is beautiful too

I do have that Evil Dead Necromonicon set, it's very cool :)

All of my DVD's are in storage but I will try to get at some of mine for some pictures soon

On 2/11/2020 at 3:20 AM, deckard99 said:

Masters of Horror DVD skull

IMG_1724.jpg

I love that @deckard99

Always wanted the Masters of Horror sets

Now though I'd just be happy with the series on DVD full stop

I remember recording them on VHS when they were shown on the telly but I would love to have them again

Neil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Grendel said:

That Dark Shadows set is truly a great treasure @Veum  🤩

I'm still very tempted to hunt one down and each time I see yours, that temptation grows stronger!...🤔

Well done Sir.

You know my friend @Grendel I have a funny story w/getting this Dark Shadows coffin set, I ordered the one w/the Jonathan Frid autographed pic (A very rare one indeed to Acquire) from Oldies.com & it never came forever so I bought another w/o the pic (b/c I could not obtain it then).

Out of the blu the Oldies coffin set  w/pic showed up at my doorstep 😳... here I am w/2 coffin ⚰️ sets... I eventually had an acquaintance sell the one w/the pic for me 💵 💴 💰 

• Like 1

^^ Nice @Veum 😀

I was getting really excited as I read this... until the part where ya already sold the duplicate, hee. 🤭

At least you have one still!

It's weird how I've managed to accumulate so many sets out there in coffin boxes.

Just something about them when it comes to horror films.

In addition to the ones displayed in my OP, I have the Universal Monsters Blu Coffin set (x2, one is the French ed which is slightly different)

and another that escapes my memory. When I drag my lazy butt down to the media room I'll check, heh.

I also have a gorgeous Tombstone collection, containing all the Dracula films released by Universal, which I've displayed in my "collections thread" of Universal Monsters.

One set that I would LOVE to track down (for a reasonable price) is the "Coffin Joe" set (DVD).

Directed by and starring José Mojica Marins, whom  many call "The Brazilian Argento", the first 2 came out in the '60s.

Josè finally finished the trilogy in 2006 !

Here's a link to an IMDB Page that mentions details.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0596261/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

And a pic of the set I'm looking for;

image.jpeg.2a4b15b59fbb3f021856ea90c8f59cf0.jpeg

Occasionally a set pops up on Ebay and I think I'll go for a cruise right now, while it's fresh in my mind.  🤭

• Like 2

I was not a DVD collector, thankfully. I only got into collecting after ordering a blu-ray steelbook in my first blu-ray multi-order. I have not seen any packaging to match the perfect function, form and appearance as these UK DVD box sets. They are both w-i-d-e-screen editions.

I have the Xena and Hercules BB bonus content series DVDs as well but they're not as cool.  

IMG_2423.thumb.JPG.ce94264327c007d20f87f68a929988d0.JPG

IMG_2424.thumb.JPG.5444e9f3dfff3472d13c53a05337c157.JPG

IMG_2425.thumb.JPG.1399e980acd8fa404820ceccfc1cf423.JPG

cool.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Awards

Very nice indeed @WKRP.. 🤩

Thanks much for sharing pics with us!

I've seen some lovely and unique sets come from the UK back in the day. They seem to have a stronger penchant for putting out both attractive and functional boxes.

Those sets displayed, remind me to a degree of a wonderful 21 disc set of Hammer Films I picked up many moons ago, released by Studio Canal.

When I take opportunity, I'll snap off a couple of pics of it. 🙂

Fortunately, the films it contains have all since been released on Blu so I upgraded whenever possible.

Still love the set though and in fact, it sits centre-piece in my Hammer library.

Please share more unique dvds with us when you get a chance my friend, and yes, I'll take some more pics as well!

Cheers

p.s. If I'm not mistaken, Buffy has yet to see Blu?  So I trust your set still sees use on occasion! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

I only want to know two things, where and how much?!?!

Hi @tr0llhatt I received this as a gift (from Amazon I think) when it first came out. I opened it, which is why the shrink is loose (the whole box slides off the base). It's a really nice box set. I don't know the retail price at the time, but I'm guessing it was $125 or something like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@deckard99

Good news! There's a new Dacia Sandero! 🤣
No, seriously though - after seeing yours and learning that such a box exists I went straight onto eBay, you never know after all. Lo and behold, I snagged one for $50 + shipping! It's missing a disc, but I don't consider that important as all my media is already consumed and stored digitally.

Thanks for enlightening me! 🤩

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

@deckard99

No, seriously though - after seeing yours and learning that such a box exists I went straight onto eBay, you never know after all. Lo and behold, I snagged one for $50 + shipping! It's missing a disc, but I don't consider that important as all my media is already consumed and stored digitally.

Congrats on snagging one at a great price! I love the box. The constellations are nicely done and the Stargate itself is a good size and looks great. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, deckard99 said:

Last but not least, this beautiful complete Stargate SG-1 box set with working stargate (I can only send small objects through 🤣) and beautiful embossed star patterns on the top

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Congrats @deckard99, if I already did not have each individual season I’d have gotten this!🤩

amanda tapping sam GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

@deckard99

Congrats on your beauty @tr0llhatt I’d have gotten this also if I did not already have each individual season!😊

stargate atlantis television GIF

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
18 minutes ago, Veum said:

Congrats on your beauty @tr0llhatt I’d have gotten this also if I did not already have each individual season!😊

stargate atlantis television GIF

Funny thing is, I already had the individual seasons when I got this as a gift. So at the time I was kinda bummed cause it wasn’t necessary. But now I’m super happy to have it. There is one disc with bonus features that’s unique to this box that I don’t think is anywhere else. So that’s a plus.

• Like 2