IGNORED

UHD CLUB Inception (UHD CLUB DP #05) (4K + Bonus Disc Lenticular Hardbox Digipak) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Thank you for posting the official unboxing video from UC, @tieheA123 😃

The videos together with many images were sent to me but sorry for my delay in posting!

I selected a few to showcase here and as usual, I will be adding some comments ...

mmexport1621870861971.thumb.jpg.30d37c5e3598965dcf48ee01dd7a104d.jpgmmexport1621870858529.thumb.jpg.91fa59a3fbd071edaffc069a48dead1a.jpgmmexport1621870876793.thumb.jpg.c82c30bba475f01207cdd495d569747f.jpg

When MP first discussed Inception with UC, I came up with a conceptual design for UC. 

There were supposed to be 4 compartments in the hardbox, each representing a dream layer. These 4 are supposedly placed into a cardboard box designed to look like 

the dream machine. Then, UC and I tried making the handmade windmill stored in the safe at the end of the movie.

As too many components were new concept art, it was rejected. Haha

So, in the end, we opted so a ton of lenticulars to be featured in the boxset!

UC went along 😃

mmexport1621870902514.thumb.jpg.c6808697dc84bcdf7726476f3f6967b6.jpg

mmexport1621870906148.thumb.jpg.c60304a748bd3b442d76e35774caa08c.jpg

mmexport1621870916777.thumb.jpg.4909c6f9016fad7dd36324ebbee7a3c9.jpgmmexport1621870931818.thumb.jpg.25d56c7e57c31c12323e9d944df3aab9.jpg

mmexport1621870925636.thumb.jpg.406d586bea7c3b73671baded5f5df77a.jpg

Other than lenti, MP suggested for strong print effects to enhance the release.

1. Even the back of the hardbox needs spotUV

2. The Inception title with high rise buildings (digipak art) must have spotUV too.

I hope to take this opportunity to let everyone understand how great a retailer UC is.

Not only is spotUV printing rather costly and doing it across many surfaces raises the cost price, but digitally selecting every single small detail of the high rise buildings

requires alot of work by the designer. (Weet is the only retailer so far that goes all out to achieve such details)

Look at how good the final digipak is!

mmexport1621870890670.thumb.jpg.c347d78baa8db6c83891f9fca19479d6.jpg

mmexport1621870950088.thumb.jpg.c5e4227e295ebf1c8366a6d72b110544.jpgmmexport1621870936276.thumb.jpg.dd92b6666d3cc990f2ddce6222ca45ee.jpg

Lastly, we feedback to UC that when spotUV is used to try and raise the print higher.

UC really spent alot of time to achieve all these!

Kudos.

And the delay is due to the reprinting of the lenti.

Do note that 4 lentis were affected due to the mistake of the FORGER text, so UC had to pay for printing 4 new lentis.

Inception ended up costing them alot more now.

Hope that whoever that eventually gets a copy of this release to showcase them wherever you can!!

Cheers,

KS

Hope my simple intro makes looking at these pictures even more meaningful!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Other than lenti, MP suggested for strong print effects to enhance the release.

1. Even the back of the hardbox needs spotUV

2. The Inception title with high rise buildings (digipak art) must have spotUV too.

I hope to take this opportunity to let everyone understand how great a retailer UC is.

Not only is spotUV printing rather costly and doing it across many surfaces raises the cost price, but digitally selecting every single small detail of the high rise buildings

requires alot of work by the designer. (Weet is the only retailer so far that goes all out to achieve such details)

And it is greatly appreciated. I couldn't tell from the video but it looks really good in those pictures. I might not be alone in this, but I wouldn't mind a price increase for weet quality printing. Imo, that's the only thing missing from their past releases. 

Are there plans for a separate item from MP like TARS?

5 minutes ago, ksosk said:

There were supposed to be 4 compartments in the hardbox, each representing a dream layer. These 4 are supposedly placed into a cardboard box designed to look like 

the dream machine. Then, UC and I tried making the handmade windmill stored in the safe at the end of the movie.

Also, this sounds interesting, are you allowed to post the concept art? 

• Like 9

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

And it is greatly appreciated. I couldn't tell from the video but it looks really good in those pictures. I might not be alone in this, but I wouldn't mind a price increase for weet quality printing. Imo, that's the only thing missing from their past releases. 

Are there plans for a separate item from MP like TARS?

Also, this sounds interesting, are you allowed to post the concept art? 

Sorry, there was no time for MP to prepare a companion item.

But we are currently in discussion with someone who has a great idea for Snyder Cut Justice League companion item!!

The concept art was merely at the description stage using words =(

Immediately shot down haha ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Sorry, there was no time for MP to prepare a companion item.

But we are currently in discussion with someone who has a great idea for Snyder Cut Justice League companion item!!

The concept art was merely at the description stage using words =(

Immediately shot down haha ...

Ah dang it. Looks like I'm going to have to hunt something down to go with it. Planning on displaying it similar to this20210415_164105.thumb.jpg.6cf36db3a5febf50d8d8805749fd2cf8.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1