IGNORED

PH Indicator Limited Editions HELP!

StevenWest

They're a British publisher distributed through Lime Wood Media, and this is their current list of Limited Editions;

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/limited-editions

I like these folks much better than Arrow, as their booklets and features are really enlightening. BUT not all of their

releases are Region Free, and is hard to tell the Standard from the LE. Other than front cover will be a bit shorter for

the regular BR release. I was lucky enough to get The China Syndrome and Eyes Of Laura Mars Limited Editions, but

kinda got duped on getting Christine and Hardcore versions. And like all us collectors, 2nd best really just isn't good

enough! ;)

• Like 2

Awards

16 minutes ago, StevenWest said:

They're a British publisher distributed through Lime Wood Media, and this is their current list of Limited Editions;

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/limited-editions

I like these folks much better than Arrow, as their booklets and features are really enlightening. BUT not all of their

releases are Region Free, and is hard to tell the Standard from the LE. Other than front cover will be a bit shorter for

the regular BR release. I was lucky enough to get The China Syndrome and Eyes Of Laura Mars Limited Editions, but

kinda got duped on getting Christine and Hardcore versions. And like all us collectors, 2nd best really just isn't good

enough! ;)

Allow me to @ukade2327 Animated Emoji Chefs Kiss GIF by swerk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there @StevenWest, my fellow Canuck  🙂

I've been buying PH Indicator releases for quite some time and my two best sources are Amazon.uk and Zavvi.

Yes, many of their editions have been Region A/B for play but not all (as you have discovered).

I personally have not got a list available saying which ones are, as having two region-free players makes the point moot for me.

As you have indicated access to their own site, you may know by now anyway...heh.

You may wish to consider at this time, picking up a Region-All Blu-ray player, since the deeper you get into this hobby, the more you will be exposed to some incredible releases that are not Region-A.

There are quite a few on the market right now, for reasonable coin. My two personal preferences would be;

- #1 = Panasonic

- #2 = Sony

Reliability beats "bells and whistles" any day of the week and these two brands give me the best comfort per dollar.  🤗

• Like 1

I've been eyeing this EVERYTHING player by Sony that apparently can handle all formats and grades. But it's around the $200.00 still. And my cash flow has been on the TIGHT side lately. But one of these days I may take the plunge. I have a All Region Phillips DVD player which isn't bad in my bedroom, and a handy portable UDME(?) All Region DVD player which I can truck around with, and also hooks up and plays easily on my larger living room TV. Currently have a Sony BD player which I really like in the living room, and wish there was a way to hack it for Region Fee. But have already gotten WCL's 4k version of 2001: A Space Odyssey still sitting in it's box. So I'm gonna have to UPGRADE one of these days, whether I like it or not. ;)

• Like 2

Awards