• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ehsan said:

😥😞😨😭😰

For Zavvi... 🤑😜🤗

Yeah they cashing in :). I still like it though, so I've put in a pre order for the boxset. Compared to what I've payed for more preminum stuff it's still alright as price reflects it as long as it turns up not damaged or it will go straight back.

• Like 3

@Basil I got the red carpet because you get free delivery out of it and other benefits too like discounts etc early access to the latests steels because they don’t always come back and that’s a fact. So really like the comment at the top of this page I don’t think I’m being mugged of at all at 83p a month.

And it may cost you to use red carpet but just think how many £1.99 delivery charge you save on if you order regularly from Zavvi which I order all my steels from Zavvi and sometimes other things too.

there customer service isn’t bad at all I have had a lot of information out of them at times like the release date for the Incredible Hulk boxset and steels. Also told me it be gong live in the next week etc..

but I must admit there packaging isn’t great which needs much improvement but on the bright side my steels have always come in mint condition never had any damage steels at all from them..

Edited by StrikerEureka79
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, StrikerEureka79 said:

@Basil I got the red carpet because you get free delivery out of it and other benefits too like discounts etc early access to the latests steels because they don’t always come back and that’s a fact. So really like the comment at the top of this page I don’t think I’m being mugged of at all at 83p a month.

And it may cost you to use red carpet but just think how many £1.99 delivery charge you save on if you order regularly from Zavvi which I order all my steels from Zavvi and sometimes other things too.

there customer service isn’t bad at all I have had a lot of information out of them at times like the release date for the Incredible Hulk boxset and steels. Also told me it be gong live in the next week etc..

but I must admit there packaging isn’t great which needs much improvement but on the bright side my steels have always come in mint condition never had any damage steels at all from them..

Hi @StrikerEureka79,

I’m in the USA and I order quite a lot from Zavvi, the last 2 recent steels from them came in a “to fit” size, same size box as the steels and I like these as they are strong enough to make it to me overseas!😊

I luv Zavvi’s different versions on their steels, that I can not get here!!😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StrikerEureka79 said:

hi strike yes i get for some it meets their needs as they order lots from zavvi and in that case it may pay for itself in the long run.

i used to be in that camp many years ago, its like alot of older members will remember zavvi always used to have free delivery on every steelbook release.

been in the steel game about 15 odd years now.

there customer service used to be dire and if you got a damaged steel they just used to offer money off as alot of the time they never kept steels back for replacements.

so you either ended up with a damaged steel with a bit of money off it you were lucky when it occurred.

if they had not used the white steelboxes which could happen if they used to ship from a different warehouse or they run out of white boxes which did happen quite alot and on other forums we had to fight to get them reinstated after they tried withdrawing them without any notice that took some doing.

also new members won't be aware of zavvi tactics you got the pre-order then would magically sell out within 1 day or two then about 1 week before release or afterwards they would find magic stock they claimed they didn't know they had lol (actually down to they don't have a live stock system as well and they manually have to put back in old orders as well), that went on regularly as they treated customers badly and for idiots. people got pissed with them quick.

thats not to mention some steels sold that well they then did reprints later on of the same steel claiming they found stock hidden somewhere again treating us for idiots.

that in itself drove alot of steel collectors away from zavvi. imagine having something from a 4000 print run then they decided they want to another few thousand not quite as limited as they make out. 

bit like original marvel wwa steelbooks released then a year down the line doing lenticular version basically cash extraction is zavvis thing, i know that sounds cynical but i have seen most of zavvis tricks in the past some really unbelievable.

i meant no one any offence earlier to anyone its just zavvi have added a delivery charge then to try bring them in more revenue then added a red carpet service, its just i have seen alot of these tricks before and now they are making more money out of you all.

where delivery used to be free, oh and still is at amazon and hmv.

hence why i always try to put my orders there way instead.

it only change when people vote with their feet but each to their own.

@Scary Hair may not remember all of this but i do, they are not as pure as the driven snow trust me!

i always try to be honest as i can but those are my experiences, ann may remember some of what im talking about 

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Basil said:

hi strike yes i get for some it meets their needs as they order lots from zavvi and in that case it may pay for itself in the long run.

i used to be in that camp many years ago, its like alot of older members will remember zavvi always used to have free delivery on every steelbook release.

been in the steel game about 15 odd years now.

there customer service used to be dire and if you got a damaged steel they just used to offer money off as alot of the time they never kept steels back for replacements.

so you either ended up with a damaged steel with a bit of money off it you were lucky when it occurred.

if they had not used the white steelboxes which could happen if they used to ship from a different warehouse or they run out of white boxes which did happen quite alot and on other forums we had to fight to get them reinstated after they tried withdrawing them without any notice that took some doing.

also new members won't be aware of zavvi tactics you got the pre-order then would magically sell out within 1 day or two then about 1 week before release or afterwards they would find magic stock they claimed they didn't know they had lol (actually down to they don't have a live stock system as well and they manually have to put back in old orders as well), that went on regularly as they treated customers badly and for idiots. people got pissed with them quick.

thats not to mention some steels sold that well they then did reprints later on of the same steel claiming they found stock hidden somewhere again treating us for idiots.

that in itself drove alot of steel collectors away from zavvi. imagine having something from a 4000 print run then they decided they want to another few thousand not quite as limited as they make out. 

bit like original marvel wwa steelbooks released then a year down the line doing lenticular version basically cash extraction is zavvis thing, i know that sounds cynical but i have seen most of zavvis tricks in the past some really unbelievable.

i meant no one any offence earlier to anyone its just zavvi have added a delivery charge then to try bring them in more revenue then added a red carpet service, its just i have seen alot of these tricks before and now they are making more money out of you all.

where delivery used to be free, oh and still is at amazon and hmv.

hence why i always try to put my orders there way instead.

it only change when people vote with their feet but each to their own.

@Scary Hair may not remember all of this but i do, they are not as pure as the driven snow trust me!

i always try to be honest as i can but those are my experiences, ann may remember some of what im talking about 

all the best

basil 👍

A nice read there to know your thoughts. Your a veteran 15 years :) compared to me I've only been collecting about 2 years now.

I defo agree with you about the re prints that's one thing I dont like something sells out then they just order another thousand in. They done it on the new wave of the captain america border steels most recently hence why there now still in stock on there site they got greedy. Feel sorry for the ebayers who pay a fortune to secure a copy as they feel they miss out then they do that.

• Like 4

@Basil

preach GIF  BROTHER  

Zavvi have improved of late customer service wise . Although the last return for a replacement I did Dr Strange took over 2 weeks to complete  with different Zavvi team members telling me different things  .

Send a picture of the tracking number we sent you with the label  to issue the re send .

ok sent that . Asked when will the replacement come ?

When we get that one back in hand .

MAKE YOUR BLOODY MINDS UP  .

Then years ago Dredd  had 2  on order . Out of the blue 2 cancellation emails  telling me I had insofficiant funds to pay for them .

MY response WHAT stop using inappropriate languageING Drugs are you on money is in my account . They came live again  re orded, yet I was that mad cancelled £140  of pre orders right out everything gone out my order bit .

Also every so often as @Basil  get ready out of the blue for white big Jiffy bag shipping . Without warning normal the most expensive steel out and then they wonder WHY the complaints , slating and hostility from us the collectors .

Out Of Stock  then the miraculous finding another few thousand behind the sofa  , the re issue with a lenticular OR 4K just charming ... NOT  .

Unless its a MEGA  NEED IT  Zavvi on a personal level is my 2nd last choice to shop with , the last one being CEX .

NOW on the up side the steels when done right are RIGHT .

Me If i want a bare steel fair enough i may bite  otherwise hang fire and wait for the gouie , yummie  , goodie filed all singing all dancing collectors sets here from our retailers and fantastic GB Hosts .

• Like 2

• 2 months later...