thomue1987

Prefix-HDZeta The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (HDZeta Gold Label Exclusive #??) (WEA ??? Blu-ray Steelbook) [China]

1 hour ago, Imalilteapot said:

So the ones releasing this year are just 4k upgrades, the summer release is the same but has bonus content, and then the winter release are the true 4k remasters?  

Oh God!!!... I’m soooo frikin confused too!!... xD

9 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Winter release is blu ray remasters

so this Dec 1st Release os going to be 4K HDR DVision and DAtmos Remastered??... 9_9

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Awards

11 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Oh God!!!... I’m soooo frikin confused too!!... xD

so this Dec 1st Release os going to be 4K HDR DVision and DAtmos Remastered??... 9_9

WB haven’t made it particularly easy to follow exactly what comes with what! I’m hoping the Gold Label will be in line with the big release WB have coming next year!

Edited by EnzoTakahashi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Imalilteapot said:

So the ones releasing this year are just 4k upgrades, the summer release is the same but has bonus content, and then the winter release are the true 4k remasters?  

It kinda sounds like ALL the 4k versions have the remastered content. I'm not 100% positive though. The blu-ray was a separate process. Only the ultimate edition seems to have bonus content which sucks. It's making is easier to wait for HDZeta. If they don't have the bonus content and the BB steelbooks sell out, I'm gonna be mad!

• Like 1

Awards

right @LeGonze

1.this year will be 4k remastered if you buy the version containing the normal bluray it will be existing blu rays not remastered ones there not done yet

and from what i can see no bonus discs

thats both lotr hobbit

2.next year in the summer will be ultimate versions  4k remasters of theatrical and extended editions with NEW bonus material

thats both lotr hobbit

3.in the fall next year, will be will be newly remastered blu rays of both theatrical and extended editions 

thats both lotr hobbit

thats my take on it all

hope it helps

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Awards

I want to wait for the hdz but at the rate the gold releases are coming out it might not be until 2025 lol I may just buy the BB steels set and wait.  If and when the hdz comes out I'll sell the bb and buy the hdz lol I just needed confirmation that the bb steels would be remastered and  DV for my oled 😁

Edited by txfosho
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

10 minutes ago, WesternBronco said:

So now, the real question is-which content will HDZeta use and will we find out before any other version sells out... 

I want that extra content!

+1 on wanting the extras. And hopefully not needing to pay double to get the Hobbit films just to get the LOTR extras...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Basil said:

right @LeGonze

1.this year will be 4k remastered if you buy the version containing the normal bluray it will be existing blu rays not remastered ones there not done yet

thats both lotr hobbit

2.next year in the summer will be ultimate versions  4k remasters of theatrical and extended editions with NEW bonus material

thats both lotr hobbit

3.in the fall next year, will be will be newly remastered blu rays of both theatrical and extended editions 

thats both lotr hobbit

thats my take on it all

hope it helps

basil 👍

Thank you soooo much Brother!!

You dabest!!... ;)

• Like 3

Awards

30 minutes ago, WesternBronco said:

So now, the real question is-which content will HDZeta use and will we find out before any other version sells out... 

I want that extra content!

I will put my best educated guess forward and say likely just the 4k disc version.... its rare zeta put out steels packed with extras discs

• Sad 1

The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies are being released on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

I guess from this it answer my question, that this will be remastered image.gif.8547d13c368ff0f9d6d04977832eab83.gif

The news was shared by none other than Samwise Gamgee himself via fansite TheOneRing, with actor Sean Astin announcing the remaster in the video below. “Now, because it’s in 4K UHD you know it’s going to be the most incredible home-viewing experience possible,” said Astin. “Peter Jackson oversaw the remastering himself, and I can say that working with Peter was the adventure of a lifetime, and the friendships that I made will last forever. Enjoy.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Basil said:

right @LeGonze

thats both lotr hobbit

thats both lotr hobbit

thats both lotr hobbit

thats my take on it all

hope it helps

basil 👍

Extra problem to add to the confusion:

we don’t know if any of the summer or fall releases involve Steelbooks or not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awards

37 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

With the studio itself doing (apparently) three separate official releases over the next year, I'm skeptical that they'll okay a tiny niche company doing another set anytime soon. But we'll see. :)

I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath for Gold WEA. 

Passing on Silver, hoping that Gold will come along soon after, will be a mistake. 
I expect HDz to do Gold at some point, but it’s probably more than a year away. Look at Joker and BoP !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3