IGNORED

Disk Kino Ne Zha (Animation) (Disk Kino Exclusive #1003) (Blu-ray Scanavo Case) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
On 8/21/2020 at 2:06 AM, Ytrerio said:

I'm from Macau and my wife is from Shanghai, I remember when this came out in theaters last year and she was so hyped to see a China animation film receive such good praise visibility in the US, can't wait to see the look on her face when this arrives hehe

china travel GIF

Back then in China, every time the box office revenue hits a new milestone, the studio released an art to celebrate the moment.

WCL compiled all the arts used into a calendar-like booklet inside this release :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ksosk said:

Back then in China, every time the box office revenue hits a new milestone, the studio released an art to celebrate the moment.

WCL compiled all the arts used into a calendar-like booklet inside this release :)

Oh that's a nice bit of trivia, thanks for sharing :D

@ksoskI have actually been meaning to ask you some questions about your role in a lot of these special editions as I see your name pop up a lot, such as when I bought the Batman HDZeta One Clicks and the mother box with the Lithographs inside and they all said designed/made by you. Did you really design all of these yourselves or do you have a team of people helping you, it's pretty amazing if done alone as there must be so much planning involved when it comes to the contents of all these collector's editions of hundreds and thousands of films.

• Like 4

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, Ytrerio said:

Oh that's a nice bit of trivia, thanks for sharing :D

@ksoskI have actually been meaning to ask you some questions about your role in a lot of these special editions as I see your name pop up a lot, such as when I bought the Batman HDZeta One Clicks and the mother box with the Lithographs inside and they all said designed/made by you. Did you really design all of these yourselves or do you have a team of people helping you, it's pretty amazing if done alone as there must be so much planning involved when it comes to the contents of all these collector's editions of hundreds and thousands of films.

Thanks for the kind words!

Firstly, many of the prints I did are from pictures I found online so for those, I can't take any credit. 

I merely work with a printing company to find interesting ways to do up the prints.

However, sometimes I do work on art from scratch with friends, like the one I did for MLIFE 300 and Minority Report.

I am in charge of making such companion products for MP in support of retailers' releases.

Glad you like them 😃

KS

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got mine too, also first time getting a Diskino.  I'm very pleased with their work, everything is nicely printed and constructed.  The detail on the foiling is really nice.  Even the little divider thing inside the extras box is covered in cloth/felt and had a nice little pull tab. 

My 4k version from Amazon came yesterday too, perfect timing!

Thanks MP team. Would have never found this release otherwise 😀

Edited by Mdk14092
  • Like 4