IGNORED

Middle Earth Limited Collectors Edition (Worldwide)

RhodW

• 3 years later...

Signed by Frodo – Elijah Wood, that I had pleasure to meet in 1Q of 2020. This unboxing video may be not the perfect one, as it may be too fast for some viewers, but when I was working on new editing (slower tempo), my hard drive’s life was stopped. Anyway, I still got my “old cut” of the unboxing – and here it is! I hope that you like it, at least I am sure that those who liked my first videos with fall in love with this one.

In description section under the video on YouTube there is also link to very detailed photo unboxing (110+ photos) –

check it out, as it may fill all needed gaps for those who want to see everything in detail.

Middle Earth set was released some time ago, but only now I  finally got my hands on it. Extended editions of both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings all in one big package + extras, took me a while to watch. Each film comes with extensive documentaries chronicling the creation of each film - all bonus content ever released for both the theatrical and extended editions of each movie is included in this set. That adds up to 30 discs total.

Let’s be fair – its big, but it’s the best set and probably it will be hard to beat it (Taiwan DVD set, may be good contender, but there is no Hobbit and Blu-ray in it). Each movie comes in a "faux leather" book, and the six books fit on a solid, "Hobbit-style" wooden shelf with a design selected by Peter Jackson. Shelf is solid and heavy, you can feel the difference. This wooden edition is wooden (!). There's also a recreation of the Red Book of Westmarch. It contains 100 pages of sketches and artwork from conceptual artists Alan Lee and John Howe as well as inserts in post-card style with maps and other goodies. Both Lee and Howe worked on all six films, and both artists have worked in Tolkien's universe since long before Jackson's films arrived. On top of that 2 watercolor reproductions of their art are included as well, ready for framing.

https://youtu.be/paBH6j9OZJo

Edited by Movie_Shelter
  • Like 4