IGNORED

UHD CLUB Gladiator (UHD CLUB DP #03) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Hardbox) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

and I'm still waiting

weinen2.gif

екфгкшп.gif

9 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

if it were that easy

9 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

I'm curious, I've been waiting forever
and when you see that some already have it,
then it's even worse to wait
I have no other choice

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I KNOW AND I UNDERSTAND AND I FEEL YOUR WORRY 

THAT GOES FOR ANY MEMBER STILL WAITING FOR THIS EDITION .

I AM ONE OF YOU 

ALL WE CAN DO IS WAIT .

NOW WE HAVE TIME FOR A BIG FAT

Milk And Mocha Bear Couple GIF - MilkAndMocha BearCouple Line GIFs

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb Bilbo:

I received mine a week ago.

And I'm very disappointed with quality of picture on the slip. It's like from Maximus period of time. Spot gloss is pretty cool though.

There's a few pictures of it.

20200912_133605.jpg

20200912_133548.jpg

Is it as pixelated as it looks?!? 😱🥴🙈

Edited by LaRone

Awards

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

I received mine a week ago.

And I'm very disappointed with quality of picture on the slip. It's like from Maximus period of time. Spot gloss is pretty cool though.

There's a few pictures of it.

20200912_133605.jpg

20200912_133548.jpg

Surely the image can't be this bad that looks very poor. @ksosk surely you can see that? Is it just because its zoomed in or something?

1 hour ago, Robertm89 said:

Surely the image can't be this bad that looks very poor. @ksosk surely you can see that? Is it just because its zoomed in or something?

I dont know why, but I can confirm that the resolution on the image is pretty bad. It was the first thing I noticed but I just assumed it was a still from the movie and that's what the movie looked like. That being said I haven't watched it yet so I don't know

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, LaRone said:

Is it as pixelated as it looks?!? 😱🥴🙈

Yes, it is. Haven't checked the rest.

I remember that Gladiator from EB has the same problem and Dredd from FAC. But low res images were used for booklet and folder, but not for the face of the whole set.

7 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

I dont know why, but I can confirm that the resolution on the image is pretty bad. It was the first thing I noticed but I just assumed it was a still from the movie and that's what the movie looked like. That being said I haven't watched it yet so I don't know

Movie looked like this on VHS from pirates back in 2000.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Let me address the low resolution issue 🙏

It is mainly my fault really. 

During the cover selection, as usual only the few approved art given by the studio is up for choosing. 

I wanted a different feel from existing editions already in the market. I narrowed down to 2 - one is a battle scene and the other is this solemn art.

UC gave MP alot of support when it comes to our input to their releases. 

I choose this solemn art for its atmosphere and we started testing out. 

This is not one of the arts for use as cover hence it is lower in resolution. But what I didnt anticipate is the actual print result because the image appears superb in the many testprint via pictures.

You can see that this release actually looks good in photo so I didnt think much of it. 

I focused more on the colour tone and feel, and the print effects instead.

I'm sorry to any who are disappointed by the box 😔

I've learnt from it and will improve further. 

Nevertheless, I hope you lile the black-and-white slip and the sword in the package.🙇‍♂️

KS

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, ksosk said:

I'm sorry to any who are disappointed by the box 😔

I've learnt from it and will improve further. 

Nevertheless, I hope you lile the black-and-white slip and the sword in the package.🙇‍♂️

I actually didn't notice anything until someone here brought it up. And even then It doesn't really affect how much I love the edition and love how unique it is. 

You dont need to apologize. It is a superb release. And I proudly display it keep up the great work 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's subjective, but at least in this photos, I don't dislike it. It gives it a touch of battle, dirty, worn. A realism, between sweat, exhaustion and dirt, linked with the black and white image of the goodies case.

I repeat, it's subjective, but at least in the photos I see it that way.

In fact, that detail reminds me the Plain Archive "The wrestler" Full Slip, and that worn texture, almost losing a bit of color. Decadent. So, it's something more physical, more linked with the scene, even of the deterioration of the character itself.

But this way are risky, as an artistic option, and you have to do it with great care. It's easy to go short, or go long, and hard to find the right measure. And in this case, from what I read, it seems that this was not wanted either. 

Right now there is a culture of perfect, sharp, almost synthetic images. In everything. More clean is considered the best. It's what people like. And it's understandable, I also like it many times, most of it. However, sometimes, I like those other options, riskier, more physical. More authentic. It all depends of the movie, the object, and what you want to express.

This issue also reminds me of old discussions about that there are also people and fans who, when the cinematographer puts a lot of grain in the image, and it sometimes happens in films about war, they don't like it. And it doesn't have to be liked by everyone, of course.

Finally, from what I've read here, the problem is that perhaps it came out unintentionally, maybe; and it was not exactly what it was looking for. But still, @ksosk explanations seem absolutely understandable to me. And at least in the photos it seems beautiful and very appropriate. Rome and the Colosseum, the mount of heavy sword battles, the places of the lower classes, or the cages where people were locked up, were not a clean, white, or shining place. Nor were some feelings of anger from Maximus.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1