Basil

whats the most expensive media you have seen???

right this is a bit of a weird one happend to see a friend of mine on here was looking for a certain release of something and has been up for a while.

anyway i started to have a look around on fleabay for it on the off chance i saw one at a good price so i could let him know.

anyway check uk one no joy.

then checked usa one and there was this was for a blufans one click dr strange but unfouranetly the person who ever haves this is asking $1299.00 with 11 people watching that sale

and i nearly sh1t my pants at that price but i cant say what the going rate is for one of these as i havent been looking that long.

i know was a bloodbath across all the forums for that release, i was lucky and got me my double lenti at the time.

anyway this got my mind working

mind blown GIF

and a serious thought come in this question.

what is the most expensive price you have seen for one release and what was it???

and how many where watching it?

now i know some ask silly money for releases and odds are they will never sell it. but for this one with 11 watching it got me wondering will it sell?

is someone that desperate for it?

anyway heres a few tags to get your thoughts

@R1s1ngs0n@Veum@Hollywood E Rock@Scary Hair@extantsrevenge@ksosk@RileyLad@Robertm89@Pbsw23@ukade2327@DodgyDave@Tonic24k@Count Dantes@ianmoore82@deckard99@Mrdugan@Grendel@Tulenos253@PRIAPISM@Sephiroth@HornyRhino"@icewire@airwins@BobaFett1974@CAYENNE-FAHRER@Ryan

@Trianna@Benoit46@Darkinoux@Mdk14092@Toapel@thomue1987

lets see where this goes be interesting to see

basil 👍

• Like 2

Awards

@Basil - Haha, I'm one of those watchers. I will NEVER buy an OC at that price but will monitor it to see how the advert plays out. Novamedia's OC for Age of Ultron is also hovering around that price. I think it's obnoxious to ask that much. I'm hoping to catch it when the seller realizes that and drops the price or someone finally taps out of this expensive hobby and starts selling everything they own at a decent price. 😂 

But yeah, those are the two most expensive pieces I've seen.

image.png.9d56253d5f48b5250f5c8664eb5cfb1c.pngimage.png.65a22c4b85ea8e13d45cb5eb7a04a6cb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Basil Most of those watchers will be owners of one already. They are watching to see if they can get that kinda cash for theirs. Happens ALL the time with Steelbooks on flea bay. 

I have a FA Venom up on there currently, and it’s had watchers since day one. Been up about a month now and no offers yet.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

Up until a few days ago there was a FAC Wolf Of wall Street 'offered' for 1,700USD (shipping was generously included).

It's no longer there so either someone actually bought it or the advert has been taken off.

You beat me by 5 seconds

• Haha 3

Awards

I havn't been collecting LTD.blurays long enough to notice anything that hasn't been posted (blufans dr.strange and spider man). But I do collect other things, and with any collectable you'll always find one or two on eBay at a WTF is the person smoking price.

Truth is these prices have no basis in reality and they're just waiting for a poor sap who doesn't know better or just some one desperate with alot of $$$$

The 11 watching are just watching for funzies to see if it ever sells, or hoping the seller comes to their senses and lists it auction style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

This is a real “marmite” type topic. 
It is the secondary market that drives collectibles of any sort. Antiques, stamps, Art, etc. etc.

If an item is rare, it will go up in value. Especially if the item is in “pristine” condition. (In Steelbook terms, sealed) 

In the case of Dinky model cars, they must still be in the box unopened etc etc.

Collectors pay extraordinary amounts for die cast toy cars. So is it any different for collectible media ?

A lot of dealers just test the market with ridiculous prices. Even if the listing doesn’t include “best offer” buyers will still contact the seller with an offer.  
With rejection and counter offers, a dealer can then determine the real value of the item. 

Clearly there are just idiots that think of a price for their items.

Nobody can compensate for morons :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Wolf Of Wallstreet is a regular around the thousand + mark .

Crazy prices .

It's a shame that many Collectors find out about MP far too late . Paying exorbitant prices .  Also they do not realise what friendships and maybe more sensible prices they are missing out on  

giphy.gif

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@deckard99

There are actually several Tomenosuke blaster replicas on eBay. Cheapest one goes for 1,299$ - a bargain!

Most expensive one goes for 3,000.95$ - this one’s definitely a one shot kill 😂

I actually have two of the BR2049 Blaster editions that come mounted on a stand, so I can still pack some heat when I want to 😎 blam! blam!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mdk14092 said:

At the listed price for the "gun" yes definitely should be (but probably not) a legit functional replica.  Still a very cool item though. I didn't know they made it.

If the technology existed to make a functioning one (remember it's not a regular gun) I'd be all over that. And while we're at it I'll take a functioning Star Trek phaser too!

star trek picard GIF by Cheezburger

• Haha 3

@deckard99 Oh,lol, from the look of it I thought it was a six shooter type gun. So I thought maybe you could atleast put in the fake bullets and pull a trigger.  I only made it half way through that movie because.....it's....... so........slow. I appreciate cinema as art but it just was to much for me.

Awards

3 minutes ago, Mdk14092 said:

@deckard99 Oh,lol, from the look of it I thought it was a six shooter type gun. So I thought maybe you could atleast put in the fake bullets and pull a trigger.  I only made it half way through that movie because.....it's....... so........slow. I appreciate cinema as art but it just was to much for me.

Congratulations buddy, your name has just been etched on one of @deckard99’s bullets.

• Haha 3

Awards

2 minutes ago, Mdk14092 said:

I believe you can load the bullets in the Tomenosuke and it has some functioning lights. 

041a-jpg.1005285

tb5.jpg?resize=620%2C400&ssl=1

Also some cool light up ammo is available

Image result for tomenosuke blade runner load bullets

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

This is a real “marmite” type topic. 
It is the secondary market that drives collectibles of any sort. Antiques, stamps, Art, etc. etc.

If an item is rare, it will go up in value. Especially if the item is in “pristine” condition. (In Steelbook terms, sealed) 

In the case of Dinky model cars, they must still be in the box unopened etc etc.

Collectors pay extraordinary amounts for die cast toy cars. So is it any different for collectible media ?

A lot of dealers just test the market with ridiculous prices. Even if the listing doesn’t include “best offer” buyers will still contact the seller with an offer.  
With rejection and counter offers, a dealer can then determine the real value of the item. 

Clearly there are just idiots that think of a price for their items.

Nobody can compensate for morons :D

This practice also drives market creep where the prices gradually get nudged up. The items are rare enough to not have a flooded market and the collectors are fanatical enough to pay some of the prices.

The problem will be that 10 years from now (or more), people probably won't care as much about steelbooks so those collectors just won't be there to drive the price up.

I see a lot of people online talking about collecting as an investment and I always caution against it, you can't predict the market, especially for niche collectibles. Just buy what you like. If you want an investment, look into S&P index funds.

• Like 2

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Mrdugan:

The problem will be that 10 years from now (or more), people probably won't care as much about steelbooks so those collectors just won't be there to drive the price up.

Maybe, or maybe not ... I don't know.

But if you go ten years back there was a similar situation. Somebody will remember the hype about the first Iron Man steel from futureshop as example.  Few times I saw calls for >1000US $ for such a steelbook (ten year in the past, not today) and there was also the opinion that the price for such steelbooks will go down in a few years due to changes of interests of collectors. Yes, but only to be replaced by another piece of "must have" which is popular for a limited time period (like FAC WoW).

As written in another thread. My collection isn't an investment and I can accept, that neither I nor my children will get the money back which I spent to collect all the steels over the years. But I would never pay such an amount for a single steel due to limited ressources 🙄

• Like 2