IGNORED

Manta Lab [Cancelled] Ad Astra (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Benoit46

1. No releases for 2 months.
This year has been a quite hectic one for me and our market due to two main reasons. One of our major partners has exited the business and the projects we wanted to work on have been all delayed because of this. We expect to see the restoration in balance by the end of the year and hope that we can continue working on the best release for our customers. Our second reasons is because of the merger between Fox and Disney. Due to the merger, we have lost the access to the Fox's products and until we get a green light from company, we won't be able to handle any of the Fox products.

2. What's in the oven?
At the moment, we are baking below releases for the end of this year and early next year.
1. Us
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. Ad Astra
4. Joker
5. Scarface
Above list is a somewhat confirmed list of releases we aim to start pre-ordering from November to early next year. 

3. 4th Anniversary
I can't believe that we are approaching our 4th anniversary with this company. Last year's anniversary wasn't really well prepared and we've moved the sales to February where things are quieter for us but this year we plan to bring our Anniversary promotions and sales in December. We are cooking some interesting and beneficial promotions for our customers so please give us little more time to announce the event.

4. How are things in the company?
As I've said previously, I've been getting a lot of emails from our customers whether if we were out of business only after 2 months of no release from us. I thought everyone was OK with some break with collecting for 2 months but this really enlightens me to work faster and release more products in the future . Everyone in the company is doing OK as always and despite the difficulties internally and externally with the country and the company, we are holding our grounds and working our best to produce what our customer want with our products. Thank you very much for all the interest and emails. They really gave me a reason to post some update to remind our customers that we are still around! 

5. Future releases other than what's mentioned in 2.
For 2020, we don't know how things will change with the studios but I expect things to be quite similar as 2018 or 2019. We will probably have between 7-8 releases and we will continue our DC lines and movies that we loved from the past and current. We've been not really posting much updates other than product infos because things have been quite slow around here with the approval and designing but we will try our best to speed up things for you guys.
Thank you very much for all the interest and our support line is always open for you guys, just drop an email anytime if you have questions or just simply say hi, there should be someone to reply back to you every time. 
I will post more updates with Us and 4th Anniversary sale soon and thanks again for your support. 

Best regards,
John

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, chucktatum said:

Does anyone know if this will include the 4K disc? Thanks!

Not even sure the release is confirmed at this stage. The last major update from ML made no mention of it. Hoping it does go ahead at some point though,  the WWA steelbook for this film is pretty disappointing. 

102752536_139303471065716_3034545701757076145_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is why titles shouldn’t be announced until beauty shots are actually approved. I may be overlooking an important detail, but Us collectors knowing what Premium Retailers WISH to release doesn’t seem to be the greatest strategy. Get everyone excited about a release before you have the green light to produce said product just seems unproductive, & definitely frustrating for us.

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• extantsrevenge changed the title to [Cancelled] Ad Astra (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

no surprise there they announced 12 titles at the start of 2020 , they have actually done 2 of those so far. its become bit of a joke on other forums

as i said then and i'll say now its easy to say we wish to do x,y,z.

doing it thats another matter.

and also they then dont announce when something is cancelled either it takes someone to ask them by email then they confirm its knocked on the head.

social media is ONLY ever used when they have got something to show, anyway no disappointment for me on this one.

i do actually wonder how many more have been cancelled they said nothing about?

@Neil21Harris did you ask about any of the others at all, if not it maybe worth asking while you at it? out of the remaining in that list 👍

basil :D

• Like 3

On 12/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, Basil said:

no surprise there they announced 12 titles at the start of 2020 , they have actually done 2 of those so far. its become bit of a joke on other forums

as i said then and i'll say now its easy to say we wish to do x,y,z.

doing it thats another matter.

and also they then dont announce when something is cancelled either it takes someone to ask them by email then they confirm its knocked on the head.

social media is ONLY ever used when they have got something to show, anyway no disappointment for me on this one.

i do actually wonder how many more have been cancelled they said nothing about?

@Neil21Harris did you ask about any of the others at all, if not it maybe worth asking while you at it? out of the remaining in that list 👍

basil :D

I asked them a few weeks ago, studio's are being 'restructured' so a lot of designs are just pending approval. The only thing manta and we can do is wait and pray. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2020 at 3:31 AM, Basil said:

@Basil I did not ask about any others.  Literally just emailed every few months ( sometimes weeks) requesting and offering Ad Astra information.  LoL. Dug this film and have wanted Manta (of all them) to do an exclusive. They just got tired of my questions....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Intentcoin:

What are you talking about? Manta doesn't do marvel. 

Yeah, I didn't say otherwise. I was referring generally to all retailers. Marvel is also just a prime example for movies/movie series getting multiple releases over the course of time in general (while other titles don't get the premium treatment)

1 hour ago, claptraw said:

Yeah, I didn't say otherwise. I was referring generally to all retailers. Marvel is also just a prime example for movies/movie series getting multiple releases over the course of time in general (while other titles don't get the premium treatment)

Completely disagree. If you said DC, I'd agree. We have exactly one retailer doing marvel. And because of disney, marvel premiums may die so when I see people complain about it, it kinda irritates me because its completely wrong. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Intentcoin:

Completely disagree. If you said DC, I'd agree. We have exactly one retailer doing marvel. And because of disney, marvel premiums may die so when I see people complain about it, it kinda irritates me because its completely wrong. 

Perfectly fine for me, you don’t have to agree with me ;)

Only pointing at Deadpool for example -> Manta, Kimchi, Filmarena. No matter if that belongs to Disney now. The fact, that there are multiple editions around for this one movie stays the same.

Meanwhile I‘m waiting since forever for Scarface, Goodfellas, Superbad, Bucket List, The Intouchables, American Beauty ... I could go on forever, no matter if you approve or not.

54 minutes ago, claptraw said:

Perfectly fine for me, you don’t have to agree with me ;)

Only pointing at Deadpool for example -> Manta, Kimchi, Filmarena. No matter if that belongs to Disney now. The fact, that there are multiple editions around for this one movie stays the same.

Meanwhile I‘m waiting since forever for Scarface, Goodfellas, Superbad, Bucket List, The Intouchables, American Beauty ... I could go on forever, no matter if you approve or not.

That was like 4 years ago. I understand wanting those titles/nonsuperhero premiums. But I'm just saying, dont say "we're getting too much marvel" because that's incorrect 

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Intentcoin:

That was like 4 years ago. I understand wanting those titles/nonsuperhero premiums. But I'm just saying, dont say "we're getting too much marvel" because that's incorrect 

Well, as I said, you don’t have to agree with me, but for my feeling we‘re getting too many of those editions, which already have multiple premiums/steels around. That’s my opinion and that’s what I’m staying with.