Jump to content
Benoit46

Prefix-Manta Scarface (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Veum said:

 

@R1s1ngs0n

 

Glad to see you got in on another GB... is that 2 now, Jackie Brown/Scarface!? 🤣

 

jackie brown GIF 

 

al pacino scarface GIF

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Wrong, buddy. That’s actually 3 including Jaws Hdzeta.
I’m in the big boys league now, baby 😉

 

OK my friend @R1s1ngs0n we will add Jaws to your resume also! 🦈

 

shark week jaws GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this becomes a great release and proof that there are titles that are not current blockbusters but that can have a very interesting market in special editions for collectors.

 

There is a market waiting there, and some anxious fans.

 

For those who want to take advantage of it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

In a German  Forum wrote Engelskind/Daenerys  :

15.01.2020, 12:04

 

 

Hello everyone,

 

This is John from Manta Lab. I wanted to share some information in regards to our company and our Exclusive products for 2020.

 

First off, as of 2020, we have become the Warner Bros Home Video Licensee for Hong Kong and we are in charge of distribution of regular Bluray products in our region. In 2019, our Warner Home Video partner has exited the business and with absence of WHV licensee in Hong Kong, we were afraid that we were no longer able to produce Exclusive products for our company, so we've decided to bid for the licensee. After months of selection process, we were selected by WHV and from 2020, we are operating as a Licensee.

 

Recently, our customer service and producing Exclusive products have been subpar due to working on setting up the licensee for Warner Home Video and I apologize to everyone who have experienced inconvenience.

 

For Manta Lab Exclusive, I have decided to move the sales and customer service to another company owned by a close friend of mine because as a licensee, we need to focus on Warner Products and having both product lines cause too much administration problem for us. I assure you that our company will still monitor and provide support to have the same quality as before. I hope to have the same support from everyone with Manta Lab Exclusive as before.

 

Due to uncertain approval process from studios, we cannot guarantee any releases at the moment but we hope to share more information with our future releases in 2020 soon.

 

Thank you very much for the years of support for Manta Lab Exclusive and without your support, our company and I couldn't have survived and reached to become the licensee.

 

If you have any questions for future releases or information, don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

 

Best regards,

John

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Catgirl said:

 

In a German  Forum wrote Engelskind/Daenerys  :

15.01.2020, 12:04

 

 

Hello everyone,

 

This is John from Manta Lab. I wanted to share some information in regards to our company and our Exclusive products for 2020.

 

First off, as of 2020, we have become the Warner Bros Home Video Licensee for Hong Kong and we are in charge of distribution of regular Bluray products in our region. In 2019, our Warner Home Video partner has exited the business and with absence of WHV licensee in Hong Kong, we were afraid that we were no longer able to produce Exclusive products for our company, so we've decided to bid for the licensee. After months of selection process, we were selected by WHV and from 2020, we are operating as a Licensee.

 

Recently, our customer service and producing Exclusive products have been subpar due to working on setting up the licensee for Warner Home Video and I apologize to everyone who have experienced inconvenience.

 

For Manta Lab Exclusive, I have decided to move the sales and customer service to another company owned by a close friend of mine because as a licensee, we need to focus on Warner Products and having both product lines cause too much administration problem for us. I assure you that our company will still monitor and provide support to have the same quality as before. I hope to have the same support from everyone with Manta Lab Exclusive as before.

 

Due to uncertain approval process from studios, we cannot guarantee any releases at the moment but we hope to share more information with our future releases in 2020 soon.

 

Thank you very much for the years of support for Manta Lab Exclusive and without your support, our company and I couldn't have survived and reached to become the licensee.

 

If you have any questions for future releases or information, don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

 

Best regards,

John

Thanks John for the clarity of message, and sharing this information with us. 

I'm sure I speak for many when I say I love Manta and the wonderfully distinct exclusives you produce (First Man being a classic example) 

I had a question, what will be the name of the new company overseeing Sales and Customer Service (so we can keep a look out for it), or will the name Manta still be retained? 

Many thanks 

Edited by Ehsan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

59 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Manta is one if my top 3 favorite Premium retailers. They have my full support, especially since the Warner catalog contains so many classics - plus they produce WEA which is always a plus.

 

I agree Wholeheartedly. Not only do Manta produce beautiful releases, the customer service from John is 2nd to none.

 

I have the Constantine glow in the dark fullslip, and upon opening her up, I found 2 very small scratches. I was advised to just reach out to John in case anything could be done. Even though I opened my slip some months after the release had long sold out, he went in search of a new steel for me, AND not only found one, but shipped it out to me! I was astounded. ❤️

 

John then also gave me this great advice. He advised you should always open your Manta purchase as soon as possible and not leave it, in order to allow him a better chance of fixing any potential issue. What a Legend. 

 

Thanks for the update @Catgirl 👍🏼

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's top notch customer service that @Pbsw23 if only they were all like that... 🙄 I know for a fact Manta will do an amazing job with this, infact it somebody asked me to pick a retailer to do Scarface I'd of chosen manta. 

 

P.s I have quite a few unopened manta stuff so thanks for giving me the heeeby jeeebys 😂😂 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Robertm89 said:

That's top notch customer service that @Pbsw23 if only they were all like that... 🙄 I know for a fact Manta will do an amazing job with this, infact it somebody asked me to pick a retailer to do Scarface I'd of chosen manta. 

 

P.s I have quite a few unopened manta stuff so thanks for giving me the heeeby jeeebys 😂😂 

 

I agree with @R1s1ngs0n that Manta are in my Top 3. I think I am up to 14 or 15 Manta’s and it is nearly impossible to favour 1 over another. I think the decision to make the move away from WWA was a Top notch idea. I did part with my Manta Apocalypse (WWA) in a moment of madness, but even that slip was beautiful.

 

I agree with your Scarface comment. I think I’d go with them as Number 1 also. I’d also love to see them get back on the Alien franchise. 

 

I am sure my case was a total 1 off mate. Never had any other issues. 🙌🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

I agree with @R1s1ngs0n that Manta are in my Top 3. I think I am up to 14 or 15 Manta’s and it is nearly impossible to favour 1 over another. I think the decision to make the move away from WWA was a Top notch idea. I did part with my Manta Apocalypse (WWA) in a moment of madness, but even that slip was beautiful.

 

I agree with your Scarface comment. I think I’d go with them as Number 1 also. I’d also love to see them get back on the Alien franchise. 

 

I am sure my case was a total 1 off mate. Never had any other issues. 🙌🏼

Yeah we all love a WEA because then you know your getting something different and more effort. It is hard to pick out specific ones but out the one I've got the shape of water and seven are up there for me. Love both films too. They don't rush stuff out either they take there time, but then you know it's worth the wait. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah we all love a WEA because then you know your getting something different and more effort. It is hard to pick out specific ones but out the one I've got the shape of water and seven are up there for me. Love both films too. They don't rush stuff out either they take there time, but then you know it's worth the wait. 

 

Now I am very jealous. I couldn’t afford to join the GB at the time of Shape of Water, and that Fullslip is Awesome. Maybe one day 🤞🏼😁

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

 

Now I am very jealous. I couldn’t afford to join the GB at the time of Shape of Water, and that Fullslip is Awesome. Maybe one day 🤞🏼😁

I'm not sure 100% but I think by time I joined MP and sussed it out I missed shape of water. I picked it up on eBay (didn't get sclaped for once either) but that box set with the slip peeking through and the removable door thing is just a complete work of art. The WEA steelbook too is just glossy and perfect.

Edited by Robertm89
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About us

We are a great site committed to bringing together Collectors from all around the globe . Our main objective is to bring awareness of all the different types of Media from all around the world.  Come join our Discussions and let us learn from one another.  We also offer Groupbuys at Cost.  We offer many more things then your average Community. Come in and try us , we are sure you will Like us for sure.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? We are here to help in any way we can

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy