Benoit46

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Konan said:

Too bad....there is not luch direct retailers and hubs means extra cost

Yeah im done with CM altogether. They really need to get it together. Covid or not. Other retailers are moving along just fine. I did a group buy for Joker one click on another site. My feelings pertain to one on one facebook messages with the guys where they have told me 4 different ship dates and now it will be a 5th. But, its all good. I bought their product and gave them business. I hope its quality as it appears to be. I might return years down the road. The good lord willing!

• Like 1

Awards

27 minutes ago, TAC said:

Yeah im done with CM altogether. They really need to get it together. Covid or not. Other retailers are moving along just fine. I did a group buy for Joker one click on another site. My feelings pertain to one on one facebook messages with the guys where they have told me 4 different ship dates and now it will be a 5th. But, its all good. I bought their product and gave them business. I hope its quality as it appears to be. I might return years down the road. The good lord willing!

Was the CM joker GB not a MP exclusivity ?

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, TAC said:

I used that site for my group buys until I found this site. 

I got my start there before I found MP but it was very difficult for popular titles as you have to be available at the exact moment the GB starts and it's a contest to see who can submit a request the fastest. It was very stressful and I got shut out a lot, so when I found MP and learned the GB system here I never looked back. Also, I like the idea of getting all my stuff in one place and nobody even comes close to MP in terms of number of retailers and editions available.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I got my start there before I found MP but it was very difficult for popular titles as you have to be available at the exact moment the GB starts and it's a contest to see who can submit a request the fastest. It was very stressful and I got shut out a lot, so when I found MP and learned the GB system here I never looked back. Also, I like the idea of getting all my stuff in one place and nobody even comes close to MP in terms of number of retailers and editions available.

No one comes close...

Amy Mcgrath Period GIF by Election 2020

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, deckard99 said:

I will say you guys do a much better overall job. As far as I know, its a one man crew over at Blu-ray.com and the guy doing the group buys has never let me down. The only thing i don't like especially in this case is I paid the full amount for the one click up front. That was well over a year ago now. Don't remember the exact price but it was over $200 US dollars and closer to $250 if I remember right. I know things happen and they especially happened last year. I'm willing to give CM a pass. However, I don't know when that will be. I was super excited about Joker at that time. If today you gave me the option. I'd pass on that release. I really don't think it will be in my possession to around July if Im lucky. I'm also not a big fan of the coffee cup. Perhaps that will grow on me. Ive been apart of 4 or 5 group buys on here since joining and Im very pleased overall with this site! You guys do a wonderful job and Im very thankful to have found this place!

• Like 4

Awards

17 hours ago, deckard99 said:

The GB system here is so logical and makes sense 

It's a complete lottery on other sites, where you need to be at the right place at the right time  - otherwise you miss out

At MP, announcements are made in advance, and we have some incredible threads like "notification of GB", " release and beauty shots" etc which staff do an incredible job of maintaining. 

The GB system here is the best for sure.. hence we should all support it 👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Konan said:

Dont know when this will REALLY be released. Dont really care either. 17 months since GB start, this is just ridiculous. This will probably be my last CM.

You could say the same about Manta since they haven’t release Scarface or Matrix, not to mention many others they announced over a year ago. Same for HDZeta with Joker, Birds  of Prey. LOTR gold will be next year. This hobby requires a lot of patience.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, deckard99 said:

You could say the same about Manta since they haven’t release Scarface or Matrix, not to mention many others they announced over a year ago. Same for HDZeta with Joker, Birds  of Prey. LOTR gold will be next year. This hobby requires a lot of patience.

It happens indeed to every retailer to have long delays with some of their releases, but with CM it is for all their releases and the release date are changed/posponed many times as well.

Edited by Konan

17 hours ago, deckard99 said:

It certainly does. At least most of you haven’t paid in full. I paid in full March 2020 with another group buy. If I had purchased on my own I would request a refund. The guy running the group buys seems like a great dude so I haven’t pressed him about it. Being freshly laid off I could use that $250 right about now though. Anyways, I’ve messaged CM on Facebook and they pretty much lied to me 3 times about when this will get released.They should come out and explain what’s going on but they don’t choose to. Certainly my last GB with CM. They do some good looking work for sure. Something just seems off with them though. It went from being released really soon to not even being talked about on their Facebook page. At least we get a coffee cup whenever it gets released though!

• Like 3

Awards

7 hours ago, TAC said:

It certainly does. At least most of you haven’t paid in full. I paid in full March 2020 with another group buy. If I had purchased on my own I would request a refund. The guy running the group buys seems like a great dude so I haven’t pressed him about it. Being freshly laid off I could use that $250 right about now though. Anyways, I’ve messaged CM on Facebook and they pretty much lied to me 3 times about when this will get released.They should come out and explain what’s going on but they don’t choose to. Certainly my last GB with CM. They do some good looking work for sure. Something just seems off with them though. It went from being released really soon to not even being talked about on their Facebook page. At least we get a coffee cup whenever it gets released though!

@deckard99 was not this GB supposed to be an MP exclusivity ?

Edited by Konan

• ★ Administrators ★
15 hours ago, TAC said:

It certainly does. At least most of you haven’t paid in full. I paid in full March 2020 with another group buy. If I had purchased on my own I would request a refund. The guy running the group buys seems like a great dude so I haven’t pressed him about it. Being freshly laid off I could use that $250 right about now though. Anyways, I’ve messaged CM on Facebook and they pretty much lied to me 3 times about when this will get released. They should come out and explain what’s going on but they don’t choose to. Certainly my last GB with CM. They do some good looking work for sure. Something just seems off with them though. It went from being released really soon to not even being talked about on their Facebook page. At least we get a coffee cup whenever it gets released though!

@TAC @Konan I totally get the frustration, especially if you are one of the people who paid long ago and are still waiting for items. My perspective is different because I only order though MP and don't pay way in advance. So I agree that CM has been very slow and needs to greatly improve their production speed. But we should at least acknowledge that March 2020 is when covid was raging out of control in Italy and CM basically shut down for 6+ months. They've been way behind ever since. What will happen in the future? I don't know. Hopefully better things. One thing is for sure though, no way in hell am I missing goonies! 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...