IGNORED

Film What did you watch last night???

I, Tonya

Finally got to watching this movie and found it quite good, with excellent performances by Margot Robbie and Allison Janney. 

Some people call it a black comedy but personally that's not how I would categorize this film. Some characters do seem like they were taken straight out of a Coen Brothers movie (Fargo comes to mind) but the fact their actions and behavior mirror events that actually happened, make this a much darker affair. 7.5 out of 10

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

The 1974 original of course, not the unnecessary remake starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta (which I haven't seen and am not planning to, either).

An excellent and expertly crafted caper that is also one of the best movies 'starring' New York City.

Walter Matthau is the transit cop and Robert Shaw (a year before he cemented his legacy as Quint) is the main villain leading a group of criminals who were clearly the inspiration for Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. Endless enjoyment is to be drawn from this movie - cracking performances, killer soundtrack and sharp as razor dialogue... not to mention one of the best and most memorable endings you're ever likely to see. 9 out of 10

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

HBO MAX

image.png.0f6671257234a253fca1b2d9f756c609.png

In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for it’s future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages.

• Like 1

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.thumb.jpeg.6aa55538f35498ec3e25792117395c1f.jpeg

323. Everyone learns that Willie was the intruder outside Maggie's room and that he's clinging to life after being shot.
324. David tells Liz that Willie is innocent and insists he must find Sarah.
325. David dreams of Sarah showing him a coffin room where Barnabas rises and menaces him.

• Like 2

156080991_180844737145520_13875761000001

I watched this movie without knowing many details about the story. And I'm curious to know what extent the movie is faithful - or not - to what really happened.

But it seemed to me an interesting film, which without being original, because we have all seen other films like this, manages to maintain interest and a certain tension in most of the movie. 

It's a good movie. And Tahar Rahim's performance is impressive. I don't understand how he wasn't nominated for the Oscars. Jodie Foster does a good job too.

An interesting film as well as entertaining.

• Like 3
Awards

well weekend just gone just completely binged watched 4 series of Black sails bloody good imho 👍

anyone thinking of picking this its dirt cheap the 4 series steelbook from zavvi

made me think why are pirates bad cos they argggggh xD 

@Veum if you haven't seen this think might be you cup of tea 👍

basil :D

• Like 3
Awards

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, Basil said:

well weekend just gone just completely binged watched 4 series of Black sails bloody good imho 👍

anyone thinking of picking this its dirt cheap the 4 series steelbook from zavvi

made me think why are pirates bad cos they argggggh xD 

@Veum if you haven't seen this think might be you cup of tea 👍

basil :D

🦊 @Basil, I believe I tried to watch this w/the 1st couple of episodes then baled (I don’t really remember since it’s been quite awhile ago)...

didn’t this have a lot of humor in it, which I do not really want in my pirate stories, ala the real Blackbeard (I would like a more serious pirate series though, yeah :))? 🧐 

• Like 1

its all about the politics back ground reading between the lines, it gets going after 3 or 4 but you have to keep the attention on it all the way and plenty of fighting.

and there's plenty T and A for you surprised you never got round to the whore houses xD 

sure your wife love all that xD 

basil 👍

• Haha 2
Awards

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

its all about the politics back ground reading between the lines, it gets going after 3 or 4 but you have to keep the attention on it all the way and plenty of fighting.

and there's plenty T and A for you surprised you never got round to the whore houses xD 

sure your wife love all that xD 

basil 👍

She wouldn’t/won’t watch this for sure! ;)

Maybe sometime in the future I can look into it, kind sir!! :)

Me and her are almost always totally opposite on film watching (she has the better taste I’m sure then me 🤣)! :P

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

You Only Live Twice watch along party with special guest Norman Wanstall

One of my favorite Bond films and one I have seen countless times so I won't comment on the movie itself but rather the guest of honor.

Norman Wanstall is a British sound editor who worked on the first 5 Bond movies and became the first person to win an Oscar for a Bond film (Goldfinger).

The event took place via Zoom and while the movie played in sync on each participant's tv screen, Mr. Wanstall talked about his experiences, commented on notable scenes in the movie, shared anecdotes about how he created famous sound effects (I asked him about my favorite, Oddjob's hat throw in Goldfinger 🙂) and even read a couple of his own poems (poetry being one of his great passions).

A lovely and passionate gentleman who shared his vast knowledge on movie making and could have continued well beyond the alloted 3-hour time slot.

BDxZ6ReCEAAkzv1.jpg

• Like 5

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Been binge (season 1, so far 5 episodes through) watching this Canadian TV series on Prime Video today then I’ll watch more of one of my favs DARK SHADOWS, hey! :)

image.jpeg.65c830bb56363c3351c4b35f5545ac59.jpeg

When a biker gang threatens his business, a mob kingpin turns stool pigeon for a crime unit director in exchange for her turning a blind eye.

• Like 1

The Grilling (1981)

MV5BMTc1MGVlY2UtNjBjYS00NmMxLThkMGItMTk4

A French film that I didn't know, I saw last night by chance on Sundance TV, and that pleasantly surprised me.

The whole movie is an interrogation of a suspect in the killing of two young girls, almost like a theater play; but it's very well done. The dialogue is powerful, and the actors, Lino Ventura and Michel Serrault, do a great job.

I liked it.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3
Awards