Basil

What did you watch last night???

Although last night was just video games while streaming old Archer episodes, the night before last I watched T2 in 3d for the first time and I gotta say they did a pretty darn good job with the conversion.  Better than with Jurassic Park I think.  I'll have to rewatch JP in 3d again next to compare.

Edited by Mdk14092
  • Like 6

Awards

Didn’t watch anything last night, as I was providing an audience with Burgers, Hot-dogs & a Firework display, complete with a non-launching rocket that exploded on my lawn.... quite spectacular really, and was promptly asked if I required fresh underwear 😂

Friday night however, I reached for the glossy Mantalab Fullslip of Man of Steel. Perfect casting in terms of looking the part, but I’m still on the fence if it’s a good performance from Mr. Cavil or not. Also, when he takes down the earth engine, did they over lay Christopher Reeves face? 🤔 Looks suspiciously like it to me. 

Today being Sunday, I always look for an oldie in the afternoon. Today I found Mrs. Doubtfire and giggled away quite happily on the couch with a couple of pints of the black stuff. Cheers!

• Like 7

Last night I finally came around to watch John Wick Chapter 3.

I am really pleased that the franchise keeps the niveau. It's just a good action movie which does not go without saying these days.

I am sure most people already saw it but if not, WATCH IT and have a blast :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Still in Halloween mood I watched Frankenstein from 1931 last night. I must admit that it was my first time (shame on me) and I basically knew nothing about it except the famous "IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE" scene.

The runtime was 70 minutes (which is very short compared to today's standards) but it felt like 45 minutes 👍

Of course it was very different compared to what we are used to nowadays and that way part of the great experience. 

The amazing first scene at the graveyard immediately set the tone.

90 year old masterpiece in my eyes :)

next is probably Dracula from 1931 :)

• Like 2

Awards

well today has been peeing down here missus went off to hair dressers leaving me some hours to fill.

so have started going back thru discovery season 1 steelbook got about half way thru so about 6hrs today not sure when get a chance to do other 6hrs as she doesnt like this trek for some strange reason. personally i love it with klingon wars etc i know alot dont like it because the spore drive etc. but like all things you goto give it a chance.

anyway this is all to remind me what went on so when discovery season 2 steelbook from zoom turns up, i all back upto speed.

now streaming star trek discovery GIF by CBS All Access

basil :D

• Like 3

Awards

Yesterday I continued my classic horror journey. On the menu was Dracula from 1931.

Again I enjoyed the old "style" and the 75min went by like nothing. 

Interesting to see was that at the time the movie was released many people were frightened of the movie but in 2019 there is nothing scary about Dracula. We are used to other stuff (unfortunately).

• Like 2

Awards