IGNORED

UHD CLUB Jaws (UHD CLUB UC #15) (Hardbox Digipak) (4K + Blu-ray) [China]

ksosk

16 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

Of course every customer has the right to be disappointed about the choice this time. You will often see me criticize UC but I think that IN GENERAL it is a good thing that UC decides to spice it up and try to be different from other retailers. They often look for unique artworks and have new ideas, see their Wooden Boxes or Digipak hard boxes.

I actually hope this edition will do enough to set itself part (I don't think the image provided is sufficient enough make a judgement call).

It's more than just the external artwork/packaging. I'm looking forward to seeing the actual contents as I believe that's what will distinguish the set.

UHD Club is my favourite retailer, but if this set will just feature a booklet and some art cards (without some of the more memorable collectibles seen in editions such as The Prestige, Gladiator, etc.) then there's nothing really separating it from a lot of other releases.

16 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

In the Euro 2020 Ronaldo shot 3 penalties and all went in. But there will come a day on which he will miss the penalty. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't have taken the penalty in the first place. If you know what I mean.

If it's Jaws we're talking about, then the net is probably the size of the stadium itself.

It'd be hard to miss. 😉

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

What I appreciate about UC is that they have the guts to not go the safer route but to use uncontional images. Of course some images will not do well like this one ( it's a risk after all) but you have to respect their commitment. Imagine they would use the standard artworks for Gladiator or The Prestige.

Of course every customer has the right to be disappointed about the choice this time. You will often see me criticize UC but I think that IN GENERAL it is a good thing that UC decides to spice it up and try to be different from other retailers. They often look for unique artworks and have new ideas, see their Wooden Boxes or Digipak hard boxes.

In the Euro 2020 Ronaldo shot 3 penalties and all went in. But there will come a day on which he will miss the penalty. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't have taken the penalty in the first place. If you know what I mean.

Agree, sometimes taking those risks does pay off. Definitely worth taking.
Prestige was gorgeous and one of my favorites.
Unfortunately the risk did not pay off for Gladiator. Would have if they actually had Print quality resolution for said art, which unfortunately they did not but used anyway?

• Like 2

I thought twice about this, but I needed to voice my disappointment with the front cover selected art.

I have zero issue with a company doing their best to be unique and print something that is completely different from the norm.

I have a big issue with taking historical artwork and changing it with an image that a photoshop gif could improve upon.

It's not even an alternate cut of anything, it's a mashing of the perfect and the perverse.

Naw, I can't sit silent and let this pass. I'm glad I requested an order for this, as one picture does not a set make but the dark side of the moon will see more light than the front of that box once it's placed on the shelf, fin-side-out.  🙃

UHD does great work, I expected wiser decision making.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I thought twice about this, but I needed to voice my disappointment with the front cover selected art.

I have zero issue with a company doing their best to be unique and print something that is completely different from the norm.

I have a big issue with taking historical artwork and changing it with an image that a photoshop gif could improve upon.

It's not even an alternate cut of anything, it's a mashing of the perfect and the perverse.

Naw, I can't sit silent and let this pass. I'm glad I requested an order for this, as one picture does not a set make but the dark side of the moon will see more light than the front of that box once it's placed on the shelf, fin-side-out.  🙃

UHD does great work, I expected wiser decision making.

Someone posted a photo of their edition of UC's release of The Last Emperor.

Just made me sad at what could be. ☹️

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, C.C. 95 said:

I would give a giant Jaws $1 silver coin if they would fix the artwork.....and not worry about a freaking giant coin.

(we are MOVIE collectors, not coin collectors).

Oh don't be a poopy head! I love getting cool goodies with editions. It doesn't just have to be postcards and booklets you know 😅.

Office Space No GIF

• Like 10
  • Haha 1