IGNORED

UHD CLUB Jaws (UHD CLUB UC #15) (Hardbox Digipak) (4K + Blu-ray) [China]

ksosk

10 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

It just means UHD club is one step closer to WeET level quality 😉

please dont encourage them to do this. Etched boxes and leather slips were cool but we dont need anymore

I'll take a lenti hardbox over an etched box

I’m very happy that there is an environment that has been created in this great community where members like yourself can feel comfortable and safe expressing their questionable & sometimes horrible taste 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Haha 13

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Mate, just imagine it... 

A Coloured Wooden Case edition a la Blade Runner or Blade Runner 2049...

With something like this as the front cover:

images.jpeg-2.jpg.4c88ab059152ab3383064e07439bc973.jpg

I'd pay really good money for that. 

Space/size considerations be damned.

We're collectors. This is what it's all about. 

I f*ckin' hate "just imagine" posts. 

You should have never posted something like that, now my evening is ruined 😢

FrailAptFlies-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Haha, apologies, mate. 

I never got the excellent UHD Club editions for the BR films, so I was kind of hoping to see other classic movies get the same care and attention. 

I'm not kidding when I say I would pay really good money if such an edition ever materialised. 😄

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

FrailAptFlies-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Haha, apologies, mate. 

I never got the excellent UHD Club editions for the BR films, so I was kind of hoping to see other classic movies get the same care and attention. 

I'm not kidding when I say I would pay really good money if such an edition ever materialised. 😄

I believe @R1s1ngs0n agrees with you, & he too would pay for such an edition which is why it’s frustrating to even think about, because it’s not what we’re getting. I also find the “what if” topics frustrating even though at the same time I indulge in them 😂, because when the possibilities of the “what if” happens to be cooler than the actual product the discussion becomes bittersweet.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, romain said:

the woman's position doesn't look very natural imo

she looks like she just landed her final vault on the uneven bars during the Olympics directly into the shark's jaws 

that's too bad 

“Women are supposed to be beautiful, graceful, and elegant at all times even when being devoured by a shark.” Is what I believe the artists was thinking when drawing up this piece 🤣

• Haha 11

9 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I believe @R1s1ngs0n agrees with you, & he too would pay for such an edition which is why it’s frustrating to even think about, because it’s not what we’re getting. I also find the “what if” topics frustrating even though at the same time I indulge in them 😂, because when the possibilities of the “what if” happens to be cooler than the actual product the discussion becomes bittersweet.

Haha, I know. 

I honestly couldn't care less if it's a lenti or not, just that whatever they do...make it special, make it an event. 

I'm not one for having people share in reverence or idolation of certain films, but I'm sure UC knows the reputation this film has, and knows that its buyers are going to be ardent fans who are going to want to see something special and different. 

And once again, I'm not knocking the current, early BS that's just been revealed and probably subject to change. 

However, put this BS side by side with other releases in the UC/DP line... 

Does it stand out? Could it be better? 

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

"What if's" are fine IMO. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just understand that 99% of the time a certain art was used instead of XYZ art is because of studio demands. Even details like the titles, fonts, and blurbs/credits are mostly dictated by the studios. Retailers fight for months and sometimes years to get unique (or at least "less used") artwork approved so their release will be different than others, but there is always compromise in the end. In the end the retailer did the best they could and it's up to us as consumers to decide if we want it or not. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

members like yourself can feel comfortable and safe expressing their questionable & sometimes horrible taste 

Thanks, Dave and I really appreciate it

Here is how I rank UHDs different styles of packaging

Wood box > painted wood slip > lenti hardbox > etched wood slip > leather slip

I suspect the big lenti (ET) will fall above the lenti hardbox and below the painted wood slip and the non lenti hardbox might beat the painted wood box

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

"What if's" are fine IMO. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just understand that 99% of the time a certain art was used instead of XYZ art is because of studio demands. Even details like the titles, fonts, and blurbs/credits are mostly dictated by the studios. Retailers fight for months and sometimes years to get unique (or at least "less used") artwork approved so their release will be different than others, but there is always compromise in the end. In the end the retailer did the best they could and it's up to us as consumers to decide if we want it or not. 

Part of my hesitancy in criticising the design was due to having taken these factors into consideration. 

I don't want to steer the thread into a tangent, but there are a lot of great editions of this film already out there, and UC will be having to compete with that, especially when these decisions and compromises are being made.

And whether or not these compromises will yield a product that proves to be worthwhile business venture/decision is probably a moot point anyway. 

This edition will sell out regardless, due in no small part to the film itself and UC's brand/reputation. 

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 7

On 7/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, C.C. 95 said:

This is a late April Fools Joke, right?

or did they actively seek out the worst Jaws poster art on Earth?

Yup. Really don't like. Too bad I was already signed up and will have to buy. Definitely will be selling it. 

What a shame. Was almost certain this would have been the best edition for sure.

• Like 2

I’m okay with this Turkish version they’re choosing and prefer it without the credits as it stands.  Nay sayers might be surprised if it has some well worked em/debossing. I’d be interested in those psycho views once in hand. Once a Jaws nut always a Jaws nut regardless of the final final product.

Yes there’re plenty of modern interpretations and I have several but they tend to be, in the main, quite busy looking for a small package.

168920D0-F82E-4410-81D8-CF883FC8F1A9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

I’m okay with this Turkish version they’re choosing and prefer it without the credits as it stands.  Nay sayers might be surprised if it has some well worked em/debossing. I’d be interested in those psycho views once in hand. Once a Jaws nut always a Jaws nut regardless of the final final product.

Yes there’re plenty of modern interpretations and I have several but they tend to be, in the main, quite busy looking for a small package.

168920D0-F82E-4410-81D8-CF883FC8F1A9.jpeg

I think the problem some people may have with it is that it evokes the posters for the sequels even though it's for the original movie.

• Like 5

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Fortis93:

I think the problem some people may have with it is that it evokes the posters for the sequels even though it's for the original movie.

Thats not it. The image just looks ludicrous.

I am sure they had not many images to choose from but then they should have chosen the classic image again before resorting to this abomination.

The used poster looks like an advert for a Jaws spoof. Only thing missing is a tagline like 

"Excuse me, but your teeth are in my neck".

Edited by hal56
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Thats not it. The image just looks ludicrous.

I am sure they had not many images to choose from but then they should have chosen the classic image again before resorting to this abomination.

The used poster looks like an advert for a Jaws spoof. Only thing missing is a tagline like 

"Excuse me, but your theeth are in my neck".

Well, I'm only guessing. 😄

It reminded me of the sequels at least, and probably will for some others (and some of the sequels may be looked at as spoofs anyway).

• Haha 1