IGNORED

UHD CLUB Jaws (UHD CLUB UC #15) (Hardbox Digipak) (4K + Blu-ray) [China]

ksosk

39 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

I remember there were hopes for a 3D diorama style too 🦈

Haha, yeah, that was the one I was referring to.

It was supposed to be some wooden box/diorama-style hybrid. They even had an early/rough BS for it, which I can't find anymore.

Anyway, one of the things I've had to make peace with is that a lot of this stuff is subject to change, sometimes drastically so. 

What you ultimately signed up for isn't necessarily what you'll end up with.

And that's a "risk" you take when signing up for a GB. 

Putting aside my own reservations about the final product's design, I do like the concept of the hard box and the quality involved in its assembly. There'll be a place on my shelf for both it and E.T.

39 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

I wonder how much appetite ksosk has for Jaws 2 🤣

I mean, if we can get Jurassic Park 1-3 from UHD Club... 😄

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 5

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine along with E.T. the other days and what I'm disappointed with is the Title placement...It's on the package 19 times and with the 10 cards having the title on both sides 39 times! I want more...how about every surface 2 or 3 times! I'm surprised they missed a few spots. It never entered their minds it might be overkill...bothers the hell out of me...it's on the flap opening on the outside...the inside and where the magnetic flap rests on the box. I love the coin and metal card but overrall is very disappointing. Patiently waiting for the Cinemuseum box.

• Like 7

Awards

16 minutes ago, aj101097 said:

Got mine along with E.T. the other days and what I'm disappointed with is the Title placement...It's on the package 19 times and with the 10 cards having the title on both sides 39 times! I want more...how about every surface 2 or 3 times! I'm surprised they missed a few spots. It never entered their minds it might be overkill...bothers the hell out of me...it's on the flap opening on the outside...the inside and where the magnetic flap rests on the box. I love the coin and metal card but overrall is very disappointing. Patiently waiting for the Cinemuseum box.

Thank goodness the release wasn’t The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension - that would’ve really ticked you off 😆

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

I was thinking about that as well. Do you know a safe way to detach the Lenti on the front? Or is it easy to pull off?

I wouldn't want to glue Lenti on too of Lenti...

The only way I know to try and get it off is to use a hairdryer and carefully blow hot air over the lenticular card. Apply the heat gently to warm up the glue underneath. Once the glue has warmed up and loosened, slowly and gently peel off the lenticular card starting at one corner. 

It's risky as it could damage the lenticular if you are not careful. I have never done this myself buy have done it to remove stickers and labels etc.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

I know there a lot of people out there with a lot of opinions about this particular edition. My goal is not to further incense those opinions, but rather to express my gratitude for what I'm sure was a TON of hard work on this release.

I was late to this GB (I didn't get in until the second reopening about a month ago), and I'm a late-comer to UHD Club releases in general. Jaws is my first UHD Club edition, and thus far, my favorite of the editions I own. I don't have either of the editions from HDZeta or Film Arena, so I can't comment on those. But this edition from UHD Club feels like a true premium; I'm personally a fan of the magnetic, wrap-around box, and I love the artwork of the box as well as the digipack holding the discs. And that coin...that coin is truly a masterpiece of craftsmanship. Thank you @ksosk for all your hard work with that design! Holding that coin aloft evokes memories of the medallion from Goonies lol. Jaws is hands-down my favorite shark creature feature so this was pretty much an instant-buy for me just for the movie alone. I've never owned a UHD Club release so I went in totally blind about what to expect. So when it arrived today and I unwrapped it, I was truly stunned. Such a beautiful edition that will proudly and prominently occupy a space on my shelf.

So...I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that went into this release, and another heartfelt thank you to everybody here at MP and UHD Club who made it happen. You all continue to make me proud to be a member of this fine community.

• Like 13

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Jaws (UHD CLUB UC #15) (Hardbox Digipak) (4K + Blu-ray) [China]
  • 9 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, pawno said:

This release is still showing as open on the group buy masterlist, which is odd given how old it is. Are there still some copies floating about? (pun not intended 😆)

Yes, we loaded the boat for this release. As a matter of fact, we had to get a bigger boat! Are you thinking of biting? Come on in, the water's fine! 😆

p.s. yes, I think we have a few left. - Ken

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, deckard99 said:

Yes, we loaded the boat for this release. As a matter of fact, we had to get a bigger boat! Are you thinking of biting? Come on in, the water's fine! 😆

p.s. yes, I think we have a few left. - Ken

Haha you win the internet today Ken! 🦈 👏 😆

Yep, I am consdering picking it up. Looks like a nice release and I don't have a quality version of Jaws I'm happy with. Can you give me a price on it mate?

• Like 5

Awards

• 3 weeks later...