PRIAPISM

Prefix-Manta Joker (Manta Lab Exclusive #29) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

2 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

You used a bad word! 😅

p.s. If you think you’re going to win an argument with @DodgyDave think again 😜

What word? I don't think I did, at least not on purpose. 

Also, I'm not trying to win, I don't even want to argue I just want to know. I want to know why he thinks the way he does, but it seems even he doesnt know lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

No offense but that was a genuine suggestion and you didn't really counter it. You don't want to buy it because it has a j card but you also don't want to remove the j card and reseal it? The only possible explanation I can see is that the factory seal would be more valuable when you sell it, but if you're thinking of selling it before you even have it then why get it at all?

I always pay attention to what would detract from the value in money terms, and also the value in pleasure terms. Banners on the top of slips do both in my opinion.

You should look at the beautiful slips SMLife did for their Marvel series. Absolutely wrecked by 4K banners that were not removable. Again in my opinion. But let's be clear, I am entitled to my opinon.

For someone that always opens their steelbooks a removable J card is not a problem. If, like me, you do not open your steelbooks, the only way out of this is what I mentioned Manta did previously. 

As for opening and resealing....

Firstly it is nigh on impossible for an ordinary member to have access to the machinery and materials to do professional reseal, and it would be pointless. It isn't in it's original form if you remove the seal and take off the J card. 

You, and many others, collect for the pleasure of opening your Premiums. I, and many others, collect for the pleasure of owning Premiums.

For me personally there is no pleasure in owning a Premium with a 4K banner draped across the top or bottom of it. So in answering your last point... "why buy it at all"... I won't buy it at all.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

You should look at the beautiful slips SMLife did for their Marvel series. Absolutely wrecked by 4K banners that were not removable. Again in my opinion. But let's be clear, I am entitled to my opinon.

@DodgyDave

Dave when you’re right, you’re right! SMLife definitely ruin their slips with the design choice to have the 4k banner apart of the actual slip instead of separate.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

That's all I wanted to hear. But now I'm curious, do you open any? If so, how do you decide which to open? Multiple copies?

Sometimes if it is a film I want to watch over and over again I will open a premium. More likely if I don't already have a bare bones steelbook of that particular release.

BUT I usually buy a bare bones steelbook or basic 3D/2D BD of films I want to watch many times. So that way the premium remains sealed.

Sometimes I open box sets to see the slips inside. But they remain sealed. AND only if I buy multiple box sets like Barons Alita or the FA Marvel Hardboxes etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@DodgyDave

Dave when you’re right, you’re right! SMLife definitely ruin their slips with the design choice to have the 4k banner apart of the actual slip instead of separate.

giphy.gif

What do you mean by "when you're right"  ?   :D

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Still in testing by quality control 

image.gif.6d961eaf47f3a30868e0e05d2cd380b2.gif

The slips look awesome, so I hope there home looks just as good. Not everybody did but i loved the choice of art for the box. Just rewatched Joker it's such a great watch. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Manta finished products always looks better than early production shots. I’m pretty confident that will be the case here too.

giphy.gif

I’ve had to go back & purchase sets after the fact because I wasn’t impressed by early beauty shots. Once you have a chance to see their products in real time it makes a world of difference. That’s why now knowing better I don’t let the early shots completely influence my decision to get their releases. If it’s a movie I want & they are working on it I’m sold.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

I’ve had to go back & purchase sets after the fact because I wasn’t impressed by early beauty shots. Once you have a chance to see their products in real time it makes a world of difference. That’s why now knowing better I don’t let the early shots completely influence my decision to get their releases. If it’s a movie I want & they are working on it I’m sold.

it is all true, a good examples of that statement are constantine and inglourious basterds those two are like

QCbleUw1HdgloAEAn_IAaTqtAWauS_xc94u7dxjG

basil 👍

• Haha 3

Awards