IGNORED

Are you interested in Fan made products? Let us know.

extantsrevenge

Are you interested in Fan made products? Let us know.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying well-made Fan Products/Editions?

• Yes, I would be interested.
    • No, I would not buy those.

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

Today we would like to know if you our members are interested in Fan made products/editions.

Throughout the collecting world there are some collector's that take their passion to the next level in creating their own editions or items to enhance their collection.

Some of these people have so much talent that their items looks cooler and more awesome than the regular release.

So we would like to know if the community is interested in such stuff in general or not.

Please vote and let us know. Comments welcome as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=12834881

tenor.gif?itemid=8208858

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

tell you what @extantsrevenge wouldn't be nice if MP could get manufactured a steel and complete package, im sure @ksosk would relish the idea of doing all the bits

the steel choice could be voted by of the members, iv'e asked on countless sites and you get the yes's and nods, what a good idea then nothing ever happens.

now i know thats on a side from fan made but would be bloomin epic imho.

and something really really exclusive. That woud set us apart from all the other sites. even if took a long while i would wait.

but i suspect balls of steel would be required to follow thru.

BelovedUntimelyAllensbigearedbat-size_re

im sure @Veum@Scary Hair@Hollywood E Rock@Robertm89@Pbsw23@RileyLad @Tulenos253may have an opionon or two on the idea above.

and no naysayers either or

knights-who-say-ni.gif?fit=500,250&ssl=1

basil :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Basil said:

tell you what @extantsrevenge wouldn't be nice if MP could get manufactured a steel and complete package, im sure @ksosk would relish the idea of doing all the bits

the steel choice could be voted by of the members, iv'e asked on countless sites and you get the yes's and nods, what a good idea then nothing ever happens.

and something really really exclusive. That woud set us apart from all the other sites. even if took a long while i would wait.

im sure @Veum@Scary Hair@Hollywood E Rock@Robertm89@Pbsw23@RileyLad @Tulenos253may have an opionon or two on the idea above.

🥤@Basil 🎬

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a658c2edfb1acd4dac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Being able to get something even more exclusive is always a plus for me just like the lion King edition that's being worked on. I think this would be a great idea and I'm sure a lot of people would jump on the GB that comes with an MP exclusivity. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

@extantsrevenge

No need to preach to me brother, I’m already converted.

IMHO @BobaFett1974 is producing steels that quality wise are on par and even surpass those released by renowned retailers. Their exclusivity and the fact that I am actively participating in designing my steels (choice of art, titles etc) is just the icing on the cake.

Steffen, you’re the man 🙏

143215BD-8C70-4D68-9526-3B4F6261A00E.gif

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@extantsrevenge

No need to preach to me brother, I’m already converted.

IMHO @BobaFett1974 is producing steels that quality wise are on par and even surpass those released by renowned retailers. Their exclusivity and the fact that I am actively participating in designing my steels (choice of art, titles etc) is just the icing on the cake.

Steffen, you’re the man 🙏

143215BD-8C70-4D68-9526-3B4F6261A00E.gif

pictures of some please?

or links to

basil 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

pictures of some please?

or links to

basil 👍

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/7778-boba-fetts-steelbook-designs-prepared-steelbooks/

The last one (Dr. No) I got yesterday and it’s even better in hand. It’s part of a project consisting of the first six Bond movies.

Cheers

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/7778-boba-fetts-steelbook-designs-prepared-steelbooks/

The last one (Dr. No) I got yesterday and it’s even better in hand. It’s part of a project consisting of the first six Bond movies.

Cheers

@R1s1ngs0n

That Dr No steelbook is awesome! 

• Like 3

@extantsrevenge @Basil @Scary Hair Honestly, I am on the fence with this one...

Do I think it’s a good idea? Of course! To allow fellow Psychos to flex their creative muscles and share with the community is a Fantastic idea!

Would I buy them? Probably not. As soon as anything is “custom” or “rare” the asking price goes up. I’m already questioning certain retailers prices as it is, so I am highly unlikely to pay more for anything than I already am.

I haven’t gone in for any of the collectors coins or pieces so far, because I wouldn’t know what to do with them. They would sit in the back of a drawer somewhere, so makes sense to let someone who actually wants one to get it over me.

I am firmly in the Buy it, Love it, but OPEN it camp. If it doesn’t serve a purpose, why buy it... but that's just my opinion.

All a part of having a young family I’m afraid. As much as I love collecting Steelbooks, being a Psycho & collecting cool items, I have to be practical. This is not a cheap hobby.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Do I think it’s a good idea? Of course! To allow fellow Psychos to flex their creative muscles and share with the community is a Fantastic idea!

Would I buy them? Probably not. As soon as anything is “custom” or “rare” the asking price goes up. I’m already questioning certain retailers prices as it is, so I am highly unlikely to pay more for anything than I already am.

I haven’t gone in for any of the collectors coins or pieces so far, because I wouldn’t know what to do with them. They would sit in the back of a drawer somewhere, so makes sense to let someone who actually wants one to get it over me.

I am firmly in the Buy it, Love it, but OPEN it camp. If it doesn’t serve a purpose, why buy it... but that's just my opinion.

All a part of having a young family I’m afraid. As much as I love collecting Steelbooks, being a Psycho & collecting cool items, I have to be practical. This is not a cheap hobby.

You present some fair arguments. Like yourself, I am someone who always open my editions (only one edition per title) and I only buy films I really love.

As you say, this hobby is not cheap and sometimes we have to reign in these collecting urges.

However...

If by some miracle I came upon someone who was talented enough and willing to create a quality, custom made steelbook for a movie I love and that I would be the only one to own - would I buy it? Hell yes!

Would I pay a premium price for it? (assuming the maker charges one) - I guess that depends on how much I’d really want it but considering I’ve paid eBay prices for editions I had to have and couldn’t find anywhere else, then I don’t see why not.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 4