IGNORED

MLIFE The Conjuring Collection (MLIFE Exclusive #47/48) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

• ksosk changed the title to The Conjuring Collection (MLIFE Exclusive #47/48) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

For your viewing pleasure, below is the translated excerpt of the designer for The Conjuring artworks.

ย 

"

The Conjuring

I am very honoured to design the are for MLIFE The Conjuring.ย 

I was only able to view the complete movie in theatre during the Shanghai Film Festival and conceptualised my design thereafter.

ย 

On a separate night, as I was browsing through master artist, H.R. Giger's portfolio it dawned on me the idea of bringing classic paintings that similarly wanted to bring a specific feel in art that can carry the horror component of The Conjuring. Below are my first few sources of inspiration.

ย 

Artist: Walter Sicker

Reference: Jack the Ripper's Bedroom

Jack_the_Ripper's_Bedroom.jpg

ย 

Walter Sicker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH3d7RwEEoaYMQa6BR4v3

ย 

I adored the atmosphere of a killer's mind brought about by the colour schemes used.

The art below was the first draft created, inspired by the great Walter.

702368656_WalterSicker.jpg.337f217d0435323253aa7c2a4073bad3.jpg

ย 

ย 

After this, I started created samples using oil paintings with the hope of making a new style that can be used as cover art that alsoย 

give respect to other famous painters.

I wanted the paint to present a chaotic yet dance-like feel while hiding certain prominent images from the movie such as the music box spiral design.

Cover.jpg.15dd4af867da3fda47750f69cf29e4e1.jpg

ย 

In the mexican culture, the Day of the Death is a hugely celebrated festival where people don masks while singing and dancing.

ย 

Artist: Frida Kahlo

Art:ย Girl with Death Mask (She Plays Alone)

291988.jpeg

ย 

I love the moody feel of the background caused by the clouds. The girl wears a skull-mask holding on to a brightly coloured sunflower.

This composite is unique and different, and immediately gives me a sense of discomfort while looking at it. I proposed my concept to the team in MLIFE.

It is a bold move. Having a design that looks weird and gives a sense of discomfort does not bode well for a company trying to sell a premium packaging!

ย 

706058908_sleeveart.jpg.498763972aa7b7436908a66087af9677.jpg

Thank you, MLIFE for taking the risk and trust in my work.ย 

You can see the many movie core references are implemented into the design. Since the cover art is very abstract, I also decided to make a tribute

to the great Dali for the design of the back slip.

ย 

Artist: Salvador Dalรฌ

Art: The Persistence Of Memory

clocks_1.png

ย 

I purposely wanted the time art to showcase the prominent timing on the clocks in the movie.

Sleeve.jpg.e871486b03984dfc171d7a1655d09859.jpg

ย 

ย 

BOOKLET:

ย 

Dubbed as one of the most 'cursed books one should never read', I drew my inspiration from The Key of Solomon book design.

The-Lesser-Key-of-Solomon-Cursed-Books.j

ย 

And its back showcases the 3 terms introduced by the Warrens.

Warrens.jpg.bd976513034c20f8a451f9f9d2237f4e.jpg

ย 

To produce this!

book.jpg.81c95b56ef7285a04a26a8bf775c9d89.jpg

ย 

And,

98b720d93cddb47f18d2d10767496471.jpg

ย 

Using the signage on the cupboard as the cover design of the folder for the photocards.

folder.jpg.394acd4562a4d7fd5fe01986f83510a0.jpg

ย 

Lastly, I added an item which I personally feel is meaningful.

I created a map to showcase the hauntings listed in both movies of James Wan.ย  "

ย 

ย 

Thank you for reading my translation.

I hope those who supported this release have a fresh look at the final design ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

MLIFE fought hard to release these 2 titles and even more to be granted the rights to use special artworks!

ย 

KS

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 6

Wow this is probably the most artistic and creative release I've seen. Theres so much influence and care put into this. I think it would be cool if this release came with a small booklet or paper with all the information about the creation of this edition. Because it would be a definite conversation piece and when some one asks you about it you can whip out the booklet and show them all the inspiration behind it. Now knowing what inspired the artwork its gonna kind of creep me out owning it lol which makes it awesome๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 3

Awards

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
19 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wow this is probably the most artistic and creative release I've seen. Theres so much influence and care put into this. I think it would be cool if this release came with a small booklet or paper with all the information about the creation of this edition. Because it would be a definite conversation piece and when some one asks you about it you can whip out the booklet and show them all the inspiration behind it. Now knowing what inspired the artwork its gonna kind of creep me out owning it lol which makes it awesome๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks, @Ryan!!

It seems not many appreciate it as much as you do. Haha.

ย 

MP is planning an exclusive lenticular to go with this release ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

• Like 5

Hey my dear friend @ksosk;

I don't think it's a matter of folks not appreciating the effort, it's more a matter of the fact there are 2 threads discussing the topic and I for one missed this one until now.

Most assuredly I think we DEARLY LOVE what all you have planned, it's just a matter of discovering what all you have planned! heh.

I for one am giddy with excitement over this forthcoming release!

๐Ÿค—

• Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hey my dear friend @ksosk;

I don't think it's a matter of folks not appreciating the effort, it's more a matter of the fact there are 2 threads discussing the topic and I for one missed this one until now.

Most assuredly I think we DEARLY LOVE what all you have planned, it's just a matter of discovering what all you have planned! heh.

I for one am giddy with excitement over this forthcoming release!

๐Ÿค—

Thank you for telling me @Grendel๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It is just me grumbling and joking!

ย 

So far, the interest has been strongย 

• Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
9 hours ago, optic said:

I could have sworn I saw a post that said invoices were being sent out soon?

Not to worry. The price of this release isn't even confirmed yet ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

From now till early Feb, China will go dark due to Chinese New Year!

Korea will also pause for 2 weeks too, sharing the same New Year period.

ย 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

giphy.gif

ย 

Hi Psychos,

I am preparing for a lenti to go with this special The Conjuring release.

Kindly pardon the weird transition that I made to illustrate the lenti transition!

ย 

The image shows the movie Lorraine Warrens transiting to the real life Lorraine Warrens.

As she has passed, I hope to pay a tribute to this wonderful lady to go with such a unique packaging for the first 2 movies ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Hope you guys like it and can continue to show your support if you have not ordered!

ย 

Love,

KS

ย 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ksosk said:

giphy.gif

ย 

Hi Psychos,

I am preparing for a lenti to go with this special The Conjuring release.

Kindly pardon the weird transition that I made to illustrate the lenti transition!

ย 

The image shows the movie Lorraine Warrens transiting to the real life Lorraine Warrens.

As she has passed, I hope to pay a tribute to this wonderful lady to go with such a unique packaging for the first 2 movies ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Hope you guys like it and can continue to show your support if you have not ordered!

ย 

Love,

KS

ย 

ย 

ย 

IS THIRE NO END TO YOUR TALLENTS @ksoskย 

ย 

ABSOBLOODYLUTLYย  STUNNINGย 

ย 

shannon sharpe wow GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:30 AM, Ryan said:

ย 

@Ryan

ย 

I concur, that is such a wonderful idea, can we do it @ksosk?ย ๐Ÿ™

• Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
1 minute ago, Veum said:

ย 

@Ryan

ย 

I concur, that is such a wonderful idea, can we do it @ksosk?ย ๐Ÿ™

Oh man, I will try to create one but it wont be containing alot of pages though.

Hope to get more support for this release! Woot!

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1