Basil

Whats you favourite christmas films (poll) vote for many as you like...

Whats you favourite christmas films vote here many ones as you like  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Whats you favourite christmas films vote here many ones as you like

• The Muppet Christmas Carol 1992
    • Miracle on 34th Street 1994
    • The Polar Express 2004
    • Deck the Halls 2006
    • Arthur Christmas 2011
    • Krampus 2015
    • A Christmas Carol 2009
    • Elf 2003
    • Gremlins 1984
    • The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993
    • How the Grinch Stole Christmas 2000
    • Scrooged 1988
    • Bad Santa 2003
    • Santa Claus: The Movie 1985
    • Jingle All the Way 1996
    • Home Alone 1990
    • Die Hard 1988
    • White Christmas 1954
    • A Christmas Story 1983
    • Miracle on 34th Street 1947

right with christmas not too far around the corner now, i watch alot of films coming upto christmas time.

now i have added a poll please vote for as many as you would like.

the vote is public so everyone can see what you voted for :D

these films are not all nesscarily full christmas films but ones  that you watch as well around the holiday period as well.

now i know im not going to have every film covered in there that everyone watches, thats all good tell us in here what you do watch if not covered.

education time can be good for us all and put us onto films we have not seen either.

below will be a poster relaying to each question in the poll.

its a shame the board doesnt allow for a thumbnail next to the poll question but maybe that something @Masterblaster could look into as an improvement in the board software maybe 👍 also lifting the poll from only 20 answers could be helpful too, maybe 40 as we are talking films :D

anyway ill start now this goona take a while for me to sort :(

also the film are in no particular order so take them as they come and please look at the full poll, i would like to records people thoughts.

anyway enjoy :D

image.png.b5e55535cb0c3e2bda07cd779a7aa9c1.pngimage.png.8ae1eeafefc66f59f648b39d2c41bd3e.pngimage.png.8d345698961df0f3b07c41d514b8b750.pngimage.png.d16aad8c44cb87d0e6dc8ef21df061b8.pngimage.pngimage.png.0bef66c3b90f9d4520f1dd334722dc2d.pngimage.png.780c447236298a63fead1cad4564ed35.pngimage.png.19bee4b4f2af24be82dd637ffdf05d5e.pngimage.png.f8cbcfe06cb44ca063e0feef3b5b4745.pngimage.png.78fdc3ff4a5fba5df90389400b9df9f3.pngimage.pngimage.png.0c82e4b00e7b49cd4aae43a16d9095a3.pngimage.png.38f98e08d329dc7895d65ef693febabc.pngimage.png.1011422b13b408388388cbb2da6f9e48.pngimage.png.0aac23ab1f82e1846d54aafa9c9adea5.pngimage.png.d0caace63274081a54d3204f35bee134.pngimage.png.1c8739bb3bcfba5836c293e0dfce226f.pngimage.pngimage.png.9607d99799cb150df845d082c9269def.pngimage.png

now lets start discussing what do you like to watch at christmas and come on grinch @Scary Hair you will embrace it xD

all the best

basil :)

Edited by Basil
  • Like 3

Awards

🥤I start my “Christmas/Thanksgiving” watching in November because Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays here in the USA! 🦃

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

SPEND THANKSGIVING WITH GOOD OL’ CHARLIE BROWN! Turkey, cranberries, pumpkin pie… and the Peanuts gang to share them with. This is going to be the greatest Thanksgiving ever! The fun begins when Peppermint Patty invites herself and her pals to Charlie Brown’s house for a REALLY big turkey party. Good grief! All our hero can cook is cold cereal and maybe toast. Is Charlie Brown doomed? Not when Linus, Snoopy and Woodstock chip in to save the (Thanksgiving) Day. With such good friends, Charlie Brown – and all of us – have so many reasons to be thankful.

The Mayflower Voyagers 

The Peanuts gang tells the story of the 1620 Mayflower voyage from England to the new world detailing the hardships they faced, how the Natives helped them survive, and ending the following autumn in a feast of Thanksgiving.

Love these Peanut Holiday films, my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

28166_large.jpg?t=0

5584_large.jpg?t=1384553271

CAPTURE THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS WITH THIS TIMELESS CLASSIC! Kris Kringle, seemingly the embodiment of Santa Claus, is asked to portray the jolly old fellow at Macy’s following his performance in the Thanksgiving Day parade. His portrayal is so complete that many begin to question if he truly is Santa Claus, while others question his sanity. A highly enjoyable Holiday film, my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

50e7fdf6525bb5ee6a47857f59ec4866.jpg

The McCallisters are rushing once again as they embark on a trip to Florida. In their haste, Kevin is separated from them and winds up on a plane bound for New York.

61864_large.jpg?t=1358389786 

WHAT HE REALLY WANTED WAS TO SPEND THANKSGIVING WITH HIS FAMILY. WHAT HE GOT WAS THREE DAYS WITH THE TURKEY. A man must struggle to travel home for Thanksgiving, with an obnoxious slob of a shower ring salesman his only companion. Funny, classic festive film, my cup of tea! lolcry.gif

Home Alone

186909_large.jpg?t=1504018382

A FAMILY COMEDY WITHOUT THE FAMILY. Eight-year-old Kevin McCallister makes the most of the situation after his family unwittingly leaves him behind when they go on Christmas vacation. But when a pair of bungling burglars set their sights on Kevin’s house, the plucky kid stands ready to defend his territory. By planting booby traps galore, adorably mischievous Kevin stands his ground as his frantic mother attempts to race home before Christmas Day. An absolute classic gem with all the right trimmings, my cup of tea!

14897_large.jpg?t=1403245221

An animated, magical, musical version of Dickens’ timeless classic “A Christmas Carol.” The nearsighted Mr. Magoo doesn’t have a ghost of a chance as Ebenezer Scrooge, unless he learns the true meaning of Christmas from the three spirits who haunt him one Christmas Eve... with razzle-berry dressing! icon_biggrin.gif 

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.c

147173_large.jpg?t=1510372950

ONE OF THE BEST-LOVED HOLIDAY STORIES OF ALL TIME. One of the best-loved holiday stories of all time is back in this animated, musical version of Charles Dickens’ most famous tale. An all-star voice lineup features Whoopi Goldberg, Ed Asner, Michael York and Tim Curry as Scrooge. Come share the joy as cold-hearted Ebenezer Scrooge, the man who “bah-humbugged” his way through Christmas, discovers the true holiday spirit after he’s visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future. With original music and eight great songs, this uplifting, animated tale is destined to become a new holiday classic... my cup of tea coffee.gif... "Santa's sootie suit"... 

Tim Curry as Ebenezer Scrooge
Whoopi Goldberg as Ghost of Christmas Present
Michael York as Bob Cratchit
Ed Asner as Jacob Marley's Ghost
Frank Welker as Debit
Kath Soucie as Mrs. Cratchit, Ghost of Christmas Past and Fan
Jodi Benson as Belle
Jim Cummings as Ghost of Christmas Yet-To-Come
Jarrad Kritzstein as Tiny Tim

109472_large.jpg?t=1406208424

santa.gifsanta.gif1/2

Journalist Elizabeth Lane is one of the country’s most famous food writers. In her columns, she describes herself as a hard working farm woman, taking care of her children and being an excellent cook. But this is all lies. In reality she is an unmarried New Yorker who can’t even boil an egg. The recipes come from her good friend Felix. The owner of the magazine she works for has decided that a heroic sailor will spend his Christmas on *her* farm. Miss Lane knows that her career is over if the truth comes out, but what can she do? Premise of the story was good in parts, but did not come through for me as I expected, except for Barbara Stanwyck. icon_sad.gif

95362f5b480bdb748533e2e079d60167.jpg

A holiday favourite for generations… George Bailey has spent his entire life giving to the people of Bedford Falls. All that prevents rich skinflint Mr. Potter from taking over the entire town is George’s modest building and loan company. But on Christmas Eve the business’s $8,000 is lost and George’s troubles begin. Still a wonderful, enjoyable masterpiece that will always be my cup of tea!( happytears.gif)

5708_large.jpg?t=1325034697

In this touching Christmas classic a young orphaned drummer boy is kidnapped. After he escapes he searches for his camel and finds him in the Nativity of the Baby Jesus. He gives Baby Jesus the only gift he has a song on his drum. This song is the only gift Baby Jesus responds to. True spirit of Christmas for me, also enjoy the Vienna Boys Choir singing... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

10021_large.jpg?t=0

Line of Fire Parts 1 and 2

The holiday season holds little cheer for D.I. Jack Frost in this action-packed two parter. A local power station worker plunges to his death on the same day his home is vandalized. A crime squad detective is found murdered and the evidence points to police corruption. Frost takes the lead in the investigation and clashes with the dead detective's abrasive boss.The only season of A Touch of Frost that has a Christmas atmosphere. disappointed.gif icon_surprised.gif Always have enjoyed this series... my highest cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

36355_large.jpg?t=0

The Stingiest Man in Town

MEET SCROOGE… This cartoon version of A Christmas Carol hails from the production house of Arthur Rankin Jr. and Jules Bass–the team that brought you just about every other Christmas special you saw as a kid (including Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer). Reinvented as a 49-minute musical ghost story, Stingiest stars the voice of Walter Matthau as the bedeviled Scrooge and Tom Bosley as the Jiminy Cricket-type narrator, B. Humbug, Esq. A magical delight that brings out the child in every one of us... my cup of tea!

108740_large.jpg?t=1408553978

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif1/2

Lovely Linda Mason has crooner Jim Hardy head over heels, but suave stepper Ted Hanover wants her for his new dance partner after femme fatale Lila Dixon gives him the brush. Jim’s supper club, Holiday Inn, is the setting for the chase by Hanover and manager Danny Reed. The music’s the thing. Great dancing/singing w/Bing Crosby Fred Astaire Marjorie Reynolds Virginia Dale...

47529_large.jpg?t=1363475183

The Christmas Story(a/k/a Dennis & Christmas)

Dennis goes crazy trying to find gifts. I've always enjoyed that little 'menace'! icon_biggrin.gif

18540_large.jpg?t=1329941483

Judgment in Heaven

Jarrod invites a client home for Christmas, not knowing that woman's convict boyfriend has recently escaped from jail. The Big Valley is one of my fav Westerns/shows overall! bullwhip.gif

112369_large.jpg?t=1428012234

Give or Take a Million

When two bank robbers trip an alarm, they try to hide but are transported along with a consignment of hundreds of gifts to a children's hospital. The crooks are captured and one lucky child gets the Christmas of a lifetime at Tracy Island. Thunderbirds Are Go!... my cup of tea! icon_smile.gif

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecurityhaz

I Love Lucy Christmas Special

The Christmas Episode

The Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky's Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos' son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward. Classic that transcends time... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

The Lone Ranger: “Christmas Story”

The Lone Ranger meets a young boy who's Christmas wish is to be re-united with his father. The Lone Ranger and Tonto go on a quest to find the boy's father and grant the boy his wish.

*The Snowman

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

On Christmas Eve, a young boy builds a snowman that comes to life and takes him to the North Pole to meet Santa Claus. 1st time watching, loved the animation, but...

Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales

The Peanuts gang have more misadventures at Christmas time. Another great classic christmas from the Peanut gang... my cup of tea!

28166_large.jpg?t=0

A Charlie Brown Christmas

THAT’S WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT, CHARLIE BROWN! When Charlie Brown complains about the overwhelming materialism that he sees amongst everyone during the Christmas season, Lucy suggests that he become director of the school Christmas pageant. Charlie Brown accepts, but is a frustrating struggle. When an attempt to restore the proper spirit with a forlorn little fir Christmas tree fails, he needs Linus’ help to learn the meaning of Christmas. One of my all-time favs at Christmas time... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

Frosty the Snowman

A living snowman and a little girl struggle to elude a greedy magician who is after the snowman's magic hat.

Linus and Lucy’s younger brother Rerun wants a dog for Christmas, and Snoopy’s brother Spike may be the answer. Another great Peanuts classic... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

77925_large.jpg?t=1373432312

An Episcopal Bishop, Henry Brougham, has been working for months on the plans for an elaborate new cathedral which he hopes will be paid for primarily by a wealthy, stubborn widow. He is losing sight of his family and of why he became a churchman in the first place. Enter Dudley, an angel sent to help him. Dudley does help everyone he meets, but not necessarily in the way they would have preferred. With the exception of Henry, everyone loves him, but Henry begins to believe that Dudley is there to replace him, both at work and in his family’s affections, as Christmas approaches. A fantastic film, with great acting & lovely sets! ... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy

137750_large.jpg?t=1439005547

YULE CRACK UP. It’s Christmas time and the Griswolds are preparing for a family seasonal celebration, but things never run smoothly for Clark, his wife Ellen and their two kids. Clark’s continual bad luck is worsened by his obnoxious family guests, but he manages to keep going knowing that his Christmas bonus is due soon. Great classic w/many funny situations lolcry.gif... my cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy

5583_large.jpg?t=1385153960

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. A little girl discovers dreams can come true if you really believe. Six-year-old Susan Walker has doubts about childhood’s most enduring miracle – Santa Claus. Her mother told her the ‘secret’ about Santa a long time ago. But after meeting a special department store Santa who’s convinced he’s the real thing, Susan is given the most precious gift of all something to believe in. An absolute delight for me. A superb remake and the actors were well cast, & for that darling little girl, yeah! ... my cup of tea for sure!! icon_biggrin.gif

28166_large.jpg?t=0

It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown

Good morning, would you like to buy a Christmas wreath made from some junky old branches my brother found in a Christmas tree lot? You wouldn't would you? And I can't say I blame you. -Sally Brown A truly classy classic at Christmastime! ...my cup of tea. icon_biggrin.gif

15205_large.jpg?t=0

An old bitter miser who makes excuses for his uncaring nature learns real compassion when three ghosts visit him on Christmas Eve. My absolute fav adaptation on Charles Dickens' classic Christmas tale... my highest cup of tea! icon_biggrin.gif

Some of my Charles Dickens/A Christmas Carol audio collection! icon_smile.gif

[Show spoiler] 

59223_large.jpg

HER CHILD WOULD CHANGE THE WORLD. Mary and Joseph make the hard journey to Bethlehem for a blessed event in this retelling of the Nativity story. This meticulously researched and visually lush adaptation of the biblical tale follows the pair on their arduous path to their arrival in a small village, where they find shelter in a quiet manger and Jesus is born. My absolute fav of all my Christmas movies with it's great authenticity & beautiful story... my highest cup of tea! heart.gif

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.newyo

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

@Veum you brought back some old childhood memorys there have to be honest completely forgot about good old charlie brown and snoopy, used to love watching them as a kid. its a shame how we grow up and things move on being busy etc. i think i may have to look into some of those you have suggested and get my charlie brown fix going again 👍

also reminded my of a childrens one off series they did on bbc. which i have on dvd unfourantely they only did it upto dvd, but i watch every year without fail.

especially good when nasty cold weather is outside.

image.png.988916e9239ece70320751695a781c54.png

have found first episode on YT if you have a spare 30mins i would suggest its worth a watch 👍

and if you like it you can pick up complete series for under £10 on amazon.

anyway have a look see what you think

The Box of Delights (DVD). A shabby old box, guarded by a mysterious old man (Patrick Troughton), leads a boy into all sorts of magical adventures. Originally a six-part TV serial, 'Box of Delights' also stars Devlin Stanfield and Geoffrey Lander

all the best

Edited by Basil
  • Thanks 1

Awards

15 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Veum you brought back some old childhood memorys there have to be honest completely forgot about good old charlie brown and snoopy, used to love watching them as a kid. its a shame how we grow up and things move on being busy etc. i think i may have to look into some of those you have suggested and get my charlie brown fix going again 👍

also reminded my of a childrens one off series they did on bbc. which i have on dvd unfourantely they only did it upto dvd, but i watch every year without fail.

especially good when nasty cold weather is outside.

image.png.988916e9239ece70320751695a781c54.png

have found first episode on YT if you have a spare 30mins i would suggest its worth a watch 👍

and if you like it you can pick up complete series for under £10 on amazon.

anyway have a look see what you think

The Box of Delights (DVD). A shabby old box, guarded by a mysterious old man (Patrick Troughton), leads a boy into all sorts of magical adventures. Originally a six-part TV serial, 'Box of Delights' also stars Devlin Stanfield and Geoffrey Lander

all the best

Hey @Basil, yeah you have to get your Charlie Brown/Snoopy on! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897be1784a7c35b16eb42

• Like 1

Now this tops even Gremlins and Die Hard  even Scrooge Albert Finny .

Prepare to have your bells jingled and be careful to be very good little boys and girls .

No bad language at all

Give it a go a new Silly Season tradition awaits you all 👍🤗😁❤❤

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Basil you forgot the most important christmas movie of all time, at least for me 😅

Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel (US title Three Wishes for Cinderella 1973). It is the only movie I watch every year, exactly on December 24th, without this I will not have christmas 😂.

Masterpiece, which reminds me I want a Steelbook and a premium edition 😍

tumblr_pmlq75kaBb1x65dlgo2_400.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Basil you forgot the most important christmas movie of all time, at least for me 😅

Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel (US title Three Wishes for Cinderella 1973). It is the only movie I watch every year, exactly on December 24th, without this I will not have christmas 😂.

@extantsrevenge never seen this but you mean this below

Storyline

The film stars Libuse Safránková as the title character, a young woman who is put upon by her stepmother and stepsisters. The film employs a twist, though, when a handsome prince comes knocking. Cinderella does not simply fall into the prince's arms. In this version, he must actively pursue the young woman who is a skilled sharpshooter prone to wearing hunting outfits. Cinderella also has three wishes at her disposal, gained from three magic nuts.

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2

Awards

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@extantsrevenge beautiful woman 😍🙎‍♀️

• Like 1

Yes @Basil that is the one 👍

12 hours ago, Veum said:

@extantsrevenge beautiful woman 😍🙎‍♀️

Absolutely, she is awesome. Terrific performance as well.

As I said I watch this every year and I'm glued to the screen each time. Even when I'm not in christmas mood, after I watch the movie I'm. It is a very popular movie here in Germany and some other european countries. It is shown on TV 20+ times on different channels during christmas. Of course i watch the BD 😊.

• Like 3

I guess Finney's "A Christmas Carol " will always be my must watch but there's a few others I assuredly make time for as well;

- A Charlie Brown Christmas

- National Lampoon's A Christmas Vacation

- A Nightmare Before Christmas, and more recently;

- Krampus and Rare Exports  😀

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple but these immediately spring to mind.

Oh, also a shout out to "Santa's Slay" with the wrestler Goldberg in the titular role. Too funny by half!

Unfortunately only on dvd so far but the quality of it is surprisingly good.

edit: almost forgot the original "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" animated. It's not a Christmas (for me) without watching that!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hal9000 said:

Ok still waiting...whaaa?? No argument erm ‘heated debate’ ensuing  on why/not Diehard is/not a Christmas  movie🍿 

Die Hard IS a Christmas  Movie 

As is 

Lethal Weapon = Jingle Bell Rock 🤗

Legion = Well it is 😁😊❤❤

Jumanji = At The End IT IS 

Prometheus = Janck puts up a Christmas tree in the rec room 

All Christmas movies like it or not 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Die Hard IS a Christmas  Movie 

As is 

Lethal Weapon = Jingle Bell Rock 🤗

Legion = Well it is 😁😊❤❤

Jumanji = At The End IT IS 

Prometheus = Janck puts up a Christmas tree in the rec room 

All Christmas movies like it or not 

Ah, criteria...Christmas music soundtrack score-wise OR do the actual songs need to play in the interactive scenes?  Because...we all know here in the US when marketing for that holiday begins #TooSoon lol

25 minutes ago, Hal9000 said:

Ah, criteria...Christmas music soundtrack score-wise OR do the actual songs need to play in the interactive scenes?  Because...we all know here in the US when marketing for that holiday begins #TooSoon lol

If it feels right as a Christmas movie to someone then so be it .

Traditions should be the ones WE  make  .

Not because its what everyone else does because its what WE do that counts ❤❤💋

• Like 2