IGNORED

Kaze no tani no Naushika (Blu-ray Future Pak) [Fnac Exclusive / Ghibli] [France]

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for posting all the pictures @airwins 🙏

All have great inside artworks and they choose very nice picture on the backs as well. I wish they would have the english titles or the japanese on them, but I understand why that is not the case in france. Still undecided if I should get them. So much other GB stuff coming these days 🤔.

Il y a 2 heures, extantsrevenge a dit :

Thanks for posting all the pictures @airwins 🙏

All have great inside artworks and they choose very nice picture on the backs as well. I wish they would have the english titles or the japanese on them, but I understand why that is not the case in france. Still undecided if I should get them. So much other GB stuff coming these days 🤔.

Yes indeed, the absence of the original title (or English) is the big problem ....😕

Il y a 1 heure, extantsrevenge a dit :

Even for you? You're French. Do you also prefer original titles on your items?

The title in English should always be present, it is often the most representative of the film ... Often, the translations are not accurate in France ... And sometimes even, they contain spoilers ... A small example: The Shawshank Redemption, whose title in French is Les Évadés (the escapees) !!! What a shame ....

So yes, just the title in English would suit me, although it is true that I am less embarrassed if it is in French😉

And you, you prefer German title ? Or original ? 

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, airwins said:

And you, you prefer German title ? Or original ? 

Always original (so in most cases english for me). In the case of Japanese or other Asian movies, I prefer english as well (if the original is not used). Even on the German releases I always hope for the original, as often in Germany they add some additional title to the original, or also change it, like they do in France. I'm fine if the German Titel is on the J-Card but the Steelbook should have the original, I'm also more forgiving on Anime Releases as the english title would not be the original, so if they use the German and I can't get another edition it is okay. 😅 we collector's always have the biggests problems 😂 .