Basil

All things xmas 2019.....

autumn-poems-header-min.jpg

well with autumn now started its around this time of year i start thinking about things for xmas from films to watch to sorting pressies early stashed away.

just to give a nice little heads up its only 15 and a bit weeks till christmas, about 4 paydays if your monthly paid xD

Mahagony-Parade-of-Lights.jpg

lucky for me this year the wife who is normally a complete and utter nightmare to buy for as she never normally knows what she wants or can think of anything either.

on this occasion she has started collecting minnie mouse stautes last year, so have bought her a couple of them and there not cheap neither.

12_2018__DCA.1986bc-624x352-1.jpg?w=620

our usual play is the 3 things rule and i usually do that a good 5-6 months before hand and basically is she comes up with three things she wants.

I buy one of them and let her mum and sister know the other two.

Then she ends up with 3 thing she wants and not know who has got what till the day :D

also we always spend with the family sometimes at home, sometimes we go out for christmas day. my wifes mum is disabled now so going out can be a nice change as well.

though her mum isnt keen as she just cant cook anymore and she hates it, she used to live in the kitchen and loved feeding the 5000

image.png.f2374d8144d68dec6a4a678c02651a76.png

anyway this is to get you all thinking, have you begun to think what you are doing this year for christmas?

we nearly lost her mum about 5 years ago. 6 weeks in intensive care and was touch and go to say the least.

now every christmas counts like never before and is more important than ever.

family to me is the most important thing to me.

so all thing's christmas whats you thoughts?

basil :)

• Like 4

Awards

Reading your  message to start with @Basil I was ready with the vodoo doll and torture implements. 

Then a close call like that i can see where you are coming from

giphy-downsized.gif

We are quite low key.  I buy my own gift and he just pays towards  or for it depending on the amount. 

The thing we enjoy most is the time off together.  

Always hope any and all bad weather hits while we are off .

Tree goes up always as we watch Gremlins .

While being watched by our Gremlins  , nope not the kids the Chinchillas who are limited on  run round time as nom noms electric cable will not end well .

Viewing list 

Rare Exports  A Christmas Tale

Gremlins 

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Scrooge Albert Finney

Scrooged 

Krampus 

Untill closer too the season

giphy.gif

💋💋

• Haha 3

but @Scary Hair you showed gif is of one of our, mine and my wifes most favourite christmas films of them all

muppets christmas carol, if only we could get a steel of that. but they never released the blu ray in this country at the time only in america region free as well.

i know cos i imported it years ago and is very well used :D

our version is this one below and now $47.68 pound value has well changed as well🤒

https://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Christmas-Carol-Anniversary-Blu-ray/dp/B008NB0SQO/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-bXVwcGV0cyBjaHJpc3RtYXMgY2Fyb2wgYmx1IHJheQ%3D%3D-ac_d_rm&crid=14DC7TZIQEUU1&keywords=muppets+christmas+carol+blu+ray&pd_rd_i=B008NB0SQO&pd_rd_r=52d47a06-2833-4f2a-9726-965e729d671c&pd_rd_w=DJYTn&pd_rd_wg=RaoSN&pf_rd_p=d29bc9bc-49e2-46b8-bc05-387917c341ec&pf_rd_r=2P8R8QWF1EZ5XX8WYMHS&qid=1567928195&s=gateway&sprefix=muppets+christmas+carol+blu%2Caps%2C406

image.png.3fbab3c01c7076c6b0c3935b675052e4.png

but you can buy for £17.71 from amazon uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Muppet-Christmas-Carol-Blu-Ray/dp/B00DQK772K/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=muppets+christmas+carol+blu+ray&qid=1567928411&s=gateway&sr=8-1

image.png.f8455b5c46f2eda5cce9995a0f46af0b.png

i would suggest ann you get a copy, we have goto get that humbug out of you somehow xD

i reckon the childabeasts arent as humbug as you :D

and just for you ann

basil xD

• Like 1

Awards

@Basil i know that is why i chose the Gif in question  👍😊💋💋.

It is a version i have not yet seen myself . When i call the Hubby a philistine his dislike of anything Muppet is part of why I call him this 😳😳.

Yes you read it right he dislikes The Muppets

I tell him 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

@Basil i know that is why i chose the Gif in question  👍😊💋💋.

It is a version i have not yet seen myself . When i call the Hubby a philistine his dislike of anything Muppet is part of why I call him this 😳😳.

Yes you read it right he dislikes The Muppets

I tell him 

giphy-downsized.gif

my god

image.png.fa13484d6c0375bfcda9342944bf8b75.png

did he never grow up with  the muppet show best ever saturday night tv when i was young, you now must him make him watch at least the opening titles.

i have provided them for you below xD

education is key :D

and yes ann you must watch it, imho best christmas film.

reckon we must watch this good 8 times a year, because me and the wife love it :D

Awards

3 hours ago, Basil said:

my god

image.png.fa13484d6c0375bfcda9342944bf8b75.png

did he never grow up with  the muppet show best ever saturday night tv when i was young, you now must him make him watch at least the opening titles.

i have provided them for you below xD

education is key :D

and yes ann you must watch it, imho best christmas film.

reckon we must watch this good 8 times a year, because me and the wife love it :D

xD

giphy.gif

Edited by Veum

@Basil he did at that . Unless it was round he never took any notice of it and found it boring 😞😞.

I wonder IF that's why he married me as I am definitely round and definitely  NOT boring  😁🤣🤣🤣🤣.

He's Just weird his whole family are .

I love Animal he is just mental like me  , very little or no  thought  before action 😊🤣🤣.

Also Beaker when anything goes  wrong  i become a none sensical  jibering wreak . 

YES we can learn a lot from The Muppets 😊❤❤.

Jim Henson  was a legend in every way . A personal  fave was The Storyteller John Hurt ABSOLUTELY PERFECT series. 

• Like 1

also for those that are harry potter nuts

how's about christmas dinner in hogwarts great hall a snip at £240pp

tickets on sale 17th sept, something tells me this sell out quick

i am tempted but broke as well :(

have a read

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/14/enjoy-christmas-dinner-in-the-hogwarts-great-hall-this-year-10739746/

image.png.7edd77cd0fbeec87220ce9ab9c254ccc.png

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awards