IGNORED

Psychos Never Cry...Or Do They?

R1s1ngs0n

Name the movies/scenes that never fail to make you teary-eyed each time you watch them.

1. Elephant Man - The only movie (which I adore) that requires me to have a box of tissues nearby at all times.

2. City Lights - Ending scene, virtually impossible not to tear up.

3. Once Upon A Time In America - Ending + Dominic's death scene with Morricone's exquisite score playing in the background - gets me every time.

4. About Schmidt - Ending scene, possibly Jack Nicholson's greatest moment.

5. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Ending scene. Nicholson, for all his devilish antics sure knows how to pull at our heart strings.

6. Requiem For A Dream - Ellen Burstyn's entire preformance, just unbelievable.

7. Midnight Cowboy - Ending Scene.

8. Up - Opening montage.

9. Time Of The Gypsies - Ending + Perhan & Danira reunion scene. And what wonderful music from Goran Bregovic.

10. Hair - Ending scene..."Manchester England England".

• Like 3

All make me bawl like a girl 

Toy Story 3   can not cope with that ending in any way.

Schindler's List  each time i watch it i end up in pieces 

Bohemian Rapsody  The Show Must Go On Lyrics and I'm  gone

Gladiator  that ending  .

The Incredible Journey  watched once NEVER AGAIN .

The Elephant Man  not a  dry eye 

Amistad  the courtroom  sequences. 

Ladyhawk  every time.

The Green Mile floods everyone  here needs a boat.

The Fifth Element  tissues at the ready 

• Like 3

1. Awakenings - DeNiro gets to dance with Penelope Ann Miller.
  2. Up - Carl and Ellie’s beautiful life together.
  3. It’s a Beautiful Life - No man is a failure who has friends.
  4. Glory - Denzel grabs the flag on the hill that he said he wouldn’t carry.
  5. I Am Sam - The struggle to raise his daughter combined with how much he loves her.
  6. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - “My friends, you bow to no one.”
  7. Forrest Gump - “He got a daddy named Forrest too?”
  8. Sophie’s Choice - The confession of the choice.
  9.  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Joel and Clementine still end up together
  10. Dancer in the Dark - Bjork’s hopelessness
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

The movie that gets me every time is Grave of the Fireflies, it is such a powerful and beautiful film, but also the saddest movie ever made 😅. I have tears in my eyes the second it starts and can't stop until it has ended. I love the movie.

tenor.gif?itemid=10052583

I don't really have a ranking, some of my favorites will do the trick. Braveheart, Dances with Wolves, Return of the King.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

The movie that gets me every time is Grave of the Fireflies, it is such a powerful and beautiful film, but also the saddest movie ever made 😅. I have tears in my eyes the second it starts and can't stop until it has ended. I love the movie.

tenor.gif?itemid=10052583

I don't really have a ranking, some of my favorites will do the trick. Braveheart, Dances with Wolves, Return of the King.

Grave of the Fireflies is really unfair 😅 so sad

Somehow I get still teary eyed at the ghost scene in The Lion King...the death itself never got me that much somehow.

the lion king disney GIF by Maudit

But then again in other movies nearly any animal death makes me sad.

And even if it's stupid - Spider-Man saying goodbye in Endgame

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

So it’s Sunday, and that can only mean a Sunday movie really right?

Anyway, Channel 5 offered up The Wedding Singer followed by 50 First Dates. 2 movies I can happily get down with on a Sunday, but watching the Wedding Singer presented me with a moment that made me think about this thread and more specifically @R1s1ngs0n & @Trianna comments about moments that make them well up. Perhaps there’s a new thread topic there?

But the moment Adam Sandler plays his song to Drew Barrymore over the intercom on the plane and then walks out to her, gets me every time. So yeah, big softie alert 😂 But as I say, in that moment I thought of this thread. 👍🏼

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

So it’s Sunday, and that can only mean a Sunday movie really right?

Anyway, Channel 5 offered up The Wedding Singer followed by 50 First Dates. 2 movies I can happily get down with on a Sunday, but watching the Wedding Singer presented me with a moment that made me think about this thread and more specifically @R1s1ngs0n & @Trianna comments about moments that make them well up. Perhaps there’s a new thread topic there?

But the moment Adam Sandler plays his song to Drew Barrymore over the intercom on the plane and then walks out to her, gets me every time. So yeah, big softie alert 😂 But as I say, in that moment I thought of this thread. 👍🏼

I'm not someone who's big on romantic comedies, but I have plenty time for those two you listed right there.

And I agree with you about the ending on the plane.

If we're going by moments that make us well up, I'd probably go with the following:

- Ending of Toy Story 3

- Ending of Coco

- The scene where George Bailey is by himself and praying at the bar in It's a Wonderful Life

- Everything leading up to (and including) the execution sequence of John Coffey in The Green Mile 

- The scene in the car between the Cole and his mother in The Sixth Sense where he reveals he can communicate with ghosts

- The harrowing scene where the mother finds out her daughter has killed herself in Once Were Warriors

- Ending of Home Alone where Kevin sees Old Man Marley reunited with his family

- The scene where Cooper watches 23 years worth of messages in Interstellar

And many others from films like Rocky, The Elephant Man, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, etc.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 7