IGNORED

Veum's Cup of tea theatre

Veum

Veum's Cup of tea theatre's annual 61 days of spooky/horror/halloween movies!bitenails.gif

I'll be starting my annual 61 days of spooky/horror/halloween movies! watching starting around Sept. 1 2020

Alright, alright, alright, it is that time when "In the dead of night, and the moon is high, and the ill winds blow, and the banshees cry, and the moonlight casts an unearthly glow...arise my love, with tales of woe!"

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1244x700.

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg15.devian

Cup of tea theatre

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.c

Running Tab

*1st time viewing

*SPOILER ALERT*

• Like 5

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

shocked gif GIF

Clean away my friend...

throwing away bart simpson GIF

... don’t you think it is better though where I started the new one today?🤫

better GIF

Well you are giving your rating so that counts towards a review & My post are definitely review based. I think it’s fine where it’s currently at. This area doesn’t receive a lot of traffic, & I believe we can probably change that with tagging members. Once we delete all our banter posts I can tag members to get them aware of this thread. Then they can read through what we did last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What kinda list should I gather up my friends?🤔

It does take a lot of time to line my blus up cause I have plenty, also would prefer to leave my best for me at least, near the end of the watching cycle (this will be hard for me and I’m sure to break it mouhahaha!) i.e. Universal Classic Monsters, Psycho, Halloween, etc.!

break up GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Jaksu said:

@Veum I haven't seen many of them, so I don't really have opinion to that. I've only watched, some of the recent horror movies (1990-2020). I've seen, some classics like Psycho and The Shining . I should watch older films too but for some reason I haven't.

@Jaksu, you’d be in for a treat if you delve into some older ones I assure you my friend!

Do you have access to watching/owning older ones such as these:

image.thumb.jpeg.e0da835c7fa8bd9ecb5d91b344ccadcb.jpeg

image.jpeg.27f1eeb56f4ecac397630cff16e02c5e.jpegimage.jpeg.f77dfefcdfd491ed6cc1d1ee5b051ecd.jpegimage.jpeg.9dcd91b5e85e57265e3ee44dd243bd0a.jpegimage.jpeg.f1fab76882d9aa61dbc5b45a20d79a8c.jpeg  

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Well, how much is a 'handful'? xD

I don't know 🤣... Maybe I went too far 😄

But these are the only good ones in my opinion.

US, Get out, The Shining, Hereditary, Halloween (1978), The Lighthouse, Silence of the lambs, The Quiet Place and The Conjuring

Edited by Caktus26
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

@Veum Perhaps a list of films that meld horror with another genre? Whether it be action, comedy, psychological thriller, etc.?

@Fortis93 My title includes some of those i.e. Psycho, Halloween, The Birds, etc. I consider these to always be in my ‘horror’ watching enjoyment!😊

These all blend into my spooky, horror, halloween watching, I do/will not have to put certain films into the term “horror”... I put them all together, now that is just me though!!😉

• Like 5

Just now, Caktus26 said:

US, Get out, The Shining, Hereditary, Halloween (1978), The Lighthouse, Silence of the lambs, The Quiet Place and The Conjuring

@Caktus26

Those are some solid picks, but you’re missing a lot of great titles. Not to mention there are a bunch more that fall into the category of the ones you’ve liked. When you have time start at the beginning of this thread (if you haven’t already) & read through the titles that me & @Veum watched last year Halloween season. I wrote reviews for what I watched, & there spoiler free. You may find even more to add to your list of liked horror.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Caktus26 said:

Whoa, you seem to not watched a lot of them then, get in there and explore, there are plenty of others youngster!

• Like 4

Just off the top of my mind, some of my favourites (including those which combine horror with other genres) are:

The Exorcist, Psycho, Misery, John Carpenter's The Thing, Alien, Aliens, A Quiet Place, The Conjuring 1 & 2, Insidious 1 & 2, It Follows, Dunkirk, The Silence of the Lambs, Se7en, Jaws, Train to Busan, The Birds, Predator, Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, Island of Lost Souls, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy, Get Out, The Night of the Hunter, The Return of the Living Dead, Ghostbusters, Halloween III: The Season of the Witch, Let The Right One In, The Sixth Sense, Shaun of the Dead, Young Frankenstein, Them!, It! The Terror From Beyond Space, etc.

So, definitely a bit more than a 'handful' in my case. xD

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Just off the top of my mind, some of my favourites (including those which combine horror with other genres) are:

The Exorcist, Psycho, Misery, The Thing, Alien, Aliens, A Quiet Place, The Conjuring 1 & 2, Insidious 1 & 2, It Follows, Dunkirk, The Silence of the Lambs, Se7en, Jaws, Train to Busan, The Birds, Predator, Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, Island of Lost Souls, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy, Get Out, The Night of the Hunter, The Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, etc.

So, definitely a bit more than a 'handful' in my case. xD

Now that’s what I call understanding where we are at YEAH!

jamie kennedy hes got killer printed all over his forehead GIF

EDIT, ahem just saw DUNKIRK 😷 

confused steve brule GIF

Try Again Chris Hogan GIF by Ramsey Solutions

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

When you have time start at the beginning of this thread (if you haven’t already) & read through the titles that me & @Veum watched last year Halloween season.

I have to check them out + read your reviews. 👍

@Hollywood E Rock

Edited by Caktus26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1