IGNORED

His/Her Acting Ruined It For Me

R1s1ngs0n

How many times have we gone to see a movie that we thoroughly enjoyed and even thought to ourselves "wow, I'm buying the Blu-ray as soon as it comes out"...except for that sub-par (in our opinion) performance that stuck out like a sore thumb and prevented us from hailing said movie a masterpiece. In fact, that so called 'acting'  was so bad that it actually ruined the movie for us and even if we ended up buying the Bluray, we just cringe every time that actor/actress is on screen.

Ladies & Gents, would like to read some thoughts on the subject (and please, let's try to aim for equality here - not just actresses listed, MP's first 'lady' @Scary Hair might resent it 😉).

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you Cameron Diaz for saving me money.

If it wasn’t for you I would have probably gotten the Gangs Of New York FS from Nova Media.

Special mention goes to France’s brightest star - Marion Cotillard.

You almost ruined Inception for me and you certainly ruined TDKR for a lot of people (and not just because of that ‘death’ scene).

With the exception of Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction, QT’s unnecessary appearances/narration in his movies - just stick to writing and directing, bro.

And while we’re on the subject of QT, Inglourious Basterds which remains firmly in my top 3 QT movies, could have been even better if Donnie Donowitz and Marcel (Shosanna’s black boyfriend) had been played by more able actors than Eli Roth and Jacky Ido.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wow, couldn’t disagree more with Marion Cotillard. She’s one of my favorite actresses, and I’ve admired most of the movies she’s been in. I thought she was exceptional in Inception. I’ll give you TDKR though, but I think she just wasn’t the right fit for that movie.

Edited by DarthEd
  • Like 2

Awards

9 hours ago, DarthEd said:

Wow, couldn’t disagree more with Marion Cotillard. She’s one of my favorite actresses, and I’ve admired most of the movies she’s been in. I thought she was exceptional in Inception. I’ll give you TDKR though, but I think she just wasn’t the right fit for that movie.

Then we’ll agree to disagree, my friend 😉

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 1

Eli Roth and Jackie Ido for me where great fits in Inglorious  .

As you say my dear friend to each thire own view .

Now

Uma Thurman  just never got her nor do i wish too .

Beyonce  for gowds sake woman there are more words in the dictionary to use in your lyrics than the same ones you repeat  over and over.

Sandra  Bullock  what went wrong  after Speed and Demolition Man .

Paltrow  each time I see Se7en that ending BLISS  . Iron Man 3 I was so happy then the revival  

Cumberbatch  at one point i thought he was great . Yet of late I find him tedious pull your socks up lad.

Tom Hardy  now don't get me wrong I like him and his work . Yet slow down .  Don't accept the role because its offerd .  Its like a Where is Waldo situation. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Eli Roth and Jackie Ido for me where great fits in Inglorious  .

As you say my dear friend to each thire own view .

Now

Uma Thurman  just never got her nor do i wish too .

Beyonce  for gowds sake woman there are more words in the dictionary to use in your lyrics than the same ones you repeat  over and over.

Sandra  Bullock  what went wrong  after Speed and Demolition Man .

Paltrow  each time I see Se7en that ending BLISS  . Iron Man 3 I was so happy then the revival  

Cumberbatch  at one point i thought he was great . Yet of late I find him tedious pull your socks up lad.

Tom Hardy  now don't get me wrong I like him and his work . Yet slow down .  Don't accept the role because its offerd .  Its like a Where is Waldo situation. 

Roth was passable at best and that’s only because his character was there for laughs.

Ido was genuinely bad but not entirely his fault due to his dialogue (in French) being badly written.

Spot on for Bullock and especially Paltrow 👍

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:04 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Moved to our new Movie Talk section, perfect topic for this section.

Bad acting Jesse Eisenberg in Batman v Superman 🤮, okay that movie would not have been a masterpiece if he was missing but still 😂

Jesse Eisenberg was the first actor that popped up in my mind. I believe it’s okay to have reinterpretations of characters but DAMN! They really dropped the ball w/casting & direction. 

Shailene Woodley in those Divergent movies. She is not believable! It gets on my nerves when you can tell an actor isn’t use to being physical, or hasn’t been properly trained to do the fight scenes.

Edward Furlong in Terminator 2 use to be, but I realized that he wasn’t bad it’s just that his character’s characteristics isn’t enjoyable to watch. Most kids in movies or real life that act as he does are unpleasant to watch or be around. 

Sam Worthington In just about everything I’ve seen him in. This guy just doesn’t have the goods. I think he lost a bet, & the circumstance of losing was he had to become an actor!

Judy Greer In the last Halloween film. SmFH good God she got on my nerves.

David Thewlis In Wonder Woman! 

Right on @R1s1ngs0n this is a good topic. I’m venting all the time to my friends about actors being trash in movies.

To to be continued 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 6:01 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Special mention goes to France’s brightest star - Marion Cotillard.

You almost ruined Inception for me and you certainly ruined TDKR for a lot of people (and not just because of that ‘death’ scene).

With the exception of Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction, QT’s unnecessary appearances/narration in his movies - just stick to writing and directing, bro.

And while we’re on the subject of QT, Inglourious Basterds which remains firmly in my top 3 QT movies, could have been even better if Donnie Donowitz and Marcel (Shosanna’s black boyfriend) had been played by more able actors than Eli Roth and Jacky Ido.

I was fine with her performance in Inception but Dark Knight Rises she is so bad that it is hilarious! I second QT in his own movies. Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is a better movie because he isn’t in it.

• Like 1