Jump to content
Tulenos253

Top 10 of all time

Recommended Posts

 

 

Image result for TOP 10 video games

 

Welcome Psychos 

 

 

Thought it would be fun to see what your Top 10 video games of all times are and who knows you might see a game on someones list that you never played and could make it into your Top 10.

 

Note: If you wanna give a brief description on why your #1 is your #1 you're more then welcome but please if your gonna write any spoilers let it be known.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing everyones Top 10.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1. Dishonored- I instantly fell in love with this game from the moment your making your way to Dunwall via boat at the beginning in the cutscene. The graphics of all the building and NPC's and creatures were captivating. From the begining the storyline draws you in wanting to know where it'll all take you. There is a reason this game won the GoTY (Game of the year). You can either run around and hack your way through enemies or be the shadow in the night and go stealth mode. There are many ways to reach your objectives in this game which makes this game very replayable. First played this on the xbox 360 and then got the platinum on the ps4.

2.The Last of Us

3.Ocarina of time

4.God of war (newest one)

5.Silent Hill 2

6.Modern warfare 2

7.Resident Evil 4

8.Dishonored 2

9.Batman Arkham series

10.Tony Hawk pro skater 2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. The Last Of Us

4. MGS2

5. MGS

6. MGSV

7. Max Payne 3

8. Shadow Of The Colossus

9. Okami

10. Killer7

 

Almost every other game on this list plays considerably better than Silent Hill 2.

Its controls are clunky and the ‘Go and fetch’ style of play can get repetitive.

But in terms of atmosphere, story, themes explored, not to mention soundtrack and sound design, it’s a masterpiece who remains unparalleled to this day.

No other game has affected me in the way this game has. No movie, book or game has managed to induce in me the level of desolation, fear and anxiety this game has.

And lastly, Pyramid Head may be the most terrifying creation in any medium, ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

That's a cool thing ! 👍😎

I'm born in 1973, so a child of the legendary Commodore C64 era. Most games I prefer come from this era, including Amiga and the beginning from the PC gaming.

 

Here is my personal Top 10.

There are so many games...I decided to choose the games which I/we played most for hours....weeks...months...some until today.

 

1. Tomb Raider Series (PS1 up to PC) 🤠👩💥💎🌴

2. Kaiser (C64) >> "Ihre Kornreserven sind verfault..." 😄 🤴

3. Der Patrizier (Amiga) >> "Wo liegt Novgorod und was kosten die Pelze ?" 😂🐻
4. Summer/Winter Games including Decathlon (C64) >> dont know ho many Joysticks were broken...also I had a "Popeye arm" 😂 🕹️🥇
5. Football Manager (Amiga) >> "Ein Donnerwetter loslassen" 😎

6. Flatout 1+2 (PC) >> still playing on LAN 💥🚙
7. Counter Strike (PC) >> first LAN game we played (until now, but now CS:S or CS:Go) 👍💣🔫

8. Resident Evil (PS1) >> first time I had sh*** in my pants... 😄👾🏡

9. Gran Turismo (PS1) 🏎️
10. Silent Service (C64) >> best U-Boat simulation ever !🚢

 

 

 

Edited by raylight
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. The Last Of Us

4. MGS2

5. MGS

6. MGSV

7. Max Payne 3

8. Shadow Of The Colossus

9. Okami

10. Killer7

 

Almost every other game on this list plays considerably better than Silent Hill 2.

Its controls are clunky and the ‘Go and fetch’ style of play can get repetitive.

But in terms of atmosphere, story, themes explored, not to mention soundtrack and sound design, it’s a masterpiece who remains unparalleled to this day.

No other game has affected me in the way this game has. No movie, book or game has managed to induce in me the level of desolation, fear and anxiety this game has.

And lastly, Pyramid Head may be the most terrifying creation in any medium, ever.

unfortunately i never got into the MGS series but wanted to so bad but at that point i had already missed a good portion of the story line but great top 10

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I love the early PC FPS games. Got into adventure and survival games a bit later. In no particular order:

  1. 7 days to die
  2. Half-Life series
  3. Duke Nukem 3D
  4. Doom, Doom 2, etc.
  5. Deus Ex series
  6. System Shock 1 & 2
  7. Wolfenstein 3D
  8. Bioshock series
  9. Tomb Raider series
  10. The Longest Journey / Dreamfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, raylight said:

That's a cool thing ! 👍😎

I'm born in 1973, so a child of the legendary Commodore C64 era. Most games I prefer come from this era, including Amiga and the beginning from the PC gaming.

 

Here is my personal Top 10.

There are so many games...I decided to choose the games which I/we played most for hours....weeks...months...some until today.

 

1. Tomb Raider Series (PS1 up to PC) 🤠👩💥💎🌴

2. Kaiser (C64) >> "Ihre Kornreserven sind verfault..." 😄 🤴

3. Der Patrizier (Amiga) >> "Wo liegt Novgorod und was kosten die Pelze ?" 😂🐻
4. Summer/Winter Games including Decathlon (C64) >> dont know ho many Joysticks were broken...also I had a "Popeye arm" 😂 🕹️🥇
5. Football Manager (Amiga) >> "Ein Donnerwetter loslassen" 😎

6. Flatout 1+2 (PC) >> still playing on LAN 💥🚙
7. Counter Strike (PC) >> first LAN game we played (until now, but now CS:S or CS:Go) 👍💣🔫

8. Resident Evil (PS1) >> first time I had sh*** in my pants... 😄👾🏡

9. Gran Turismo (PS1) 🏎️
10. Silent Service (C64) >> best U-Boat simulation ever !🚢

 

 

 

Wow some of these i had forgotten all about and some i have never even heard of...thank you for your input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Just now, deckard99 said:

I love the early PC FPS games. Got into adventure and survival games a bit later. In no particular order:

  1. 7 days to die
  2. Half-Life series
  3. Duke Nukem 3D
  4. Doom, Doom 2, etc.
  5. Deus Ex series
  6. System Shock 1 & 2
  7. Wolfenstein 3D
  8. Bioshock series
  9. Tomb Raider series
  10. The Longest Journey / Dreamfall

Aren’t you what they call a ‘FPS whore’ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

3 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I love the early PC FPS games. Got into adventure and survival games a bit later. In no particular order:

  1. 7 days to die
  2. Half-Life series
  3. Duke Nukem 3D
  4. Doom, Doom 2, etc.
  5. Deus Ex series
  6. System Shock 1 & 2
  7. Wolfenstein 3D
  8. Bioshock series
  9. Tomb Raider series
  10. The Longest Journey / Dreamfall

Those are definently some of the best series in gaming... never got arounfd to half-life but bioshock and tomb raider series since the ps1 is always a must for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

vor 4 Minuten schrieb deckard99:

I love the early PC FPS games. Got into adventure and survival games a bit later. In no particular order:

  1. 7 days to die
  2. Half-Life series
  3. Duke Nukem 3D
  4. Doom, Doom 2, etc.
  5. Deus Ex series
  6. System Shock 1 & 2
  7. Wolfenstein 3D
  8. Bioshock series
  9. Tomb Raider series
  10. The Longest Journey / Dreamfall

wahooo...I forgot "Wolfenstein"

"Ausweis!" 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Aren’t you what they call a ‘FPS whore’ ?

 

haha, guilty as charged. I also love to play modded versions. There were some amazing ones back in the day, not just extra levels but total conversions like Aliens Doom, and silly ones like Beavis and Butthead Wolfenstein 3D! Half-Life as a ton of great mods too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tulenos253 said:

unfortunately i never got into the MGS series but wanted to so bad but at that point i had already missed a good portion of the story line but great top 10

For me Kojima is a bit like the Tarantino of video games. As years went by and they both got more and more successful, they also become guilty sometimes of over self-indulgence. 

Their creations may not be to everyone’s liking  but there is no denying they are masters of their crafts - even their latest, ‘lesser’ outings contained enough brilliance despite being uneven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

8 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

For me Kojima is a bit like the Tarantino of video games. As years went by and they both got more and more successful, they also become guilty sometimes of over self-indulgence. 

Their creations may not be to everyone’s liking  but there is no denying they are masters of their crafts - even their latest, ‘lesser’ outings contained enough brilliance despite being uneven.

I know what you mean... and from what that journalist posted about what Death Stranding is gonna be about it seems kojima is taking a high risk approach... might turn some people away from the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

18 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

 

haha, guilty as charged. I also love to play modded versions. There were some amazing ones back in the day, not just extra levels but total conversions like Aliens Doom, and silly ones like Beavis and Butthead Wolfenstein 3D! Half-Life as a ton of great mods too.

A little shocked you didn't include the Fallout series in your top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Hmm, I can relate to a LOT of the titles @deckard99 mentioned, some real treasures there.

 

My list is a bit more haphazard, as I like to change it up a bit depending on mood.

I do have some faves (predominantly PC);

- Baldur's Gate and its' ilk (all of 'em, including the IWD series and especially PS:T)

- Unreal

- Age Of Empires series (predominantly "Age of Mythology" with it's homages to Ray Harryhausen)

- Master Of Orion II

- FF 8 (played it a LOT with my Daughter)

- Diablo I & 2 ( never did pick up #3)

- Half-Life

- Dungeon Keeper (oh man, I spent a LONG TIME with that one! Peter Molyneux's opus imho)

- Thief: The Dark Project (2 was great, 3 was OK, the re-launch, meh)

- World of Warcraft (stand alones and the MMORPG)

 

There's others, but that's already 10+.

🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Hmm, I can relate to a LOT of the titles @deckard99 mentioned, some real treasures there.

 

My list is a bit more haphazard, as I like to change it up a bit depending on mood.

I do have some faves (predominantly PC);

- Baldur's Gate and its' ilk (all of 'em, including the IWD series and especially PS:T)

- Unreal

- Age Of Empires series (predominantly "Age of Mythology" with it's homages to Ray Harryhausen)

- Master Of Orion II

- FF 8 (played it a LOT with my Daughter)

- Diablo I & 2 ( never did pick up #3)

- Half-Life

- Dungeon Keeper (oh man, I spent a LONG TIME with that one! Peter Molyneux's opus imho)

- Thief: The Dark Project (2 was great, 3 was OK, the re-launch, meh)

- World of Warcraft (stand alones and the MMORPG)

 

There's others, but that's already 10+.

🙂

I never could afford a good PC so i havent played some of these but the others i have like diablo (Switch) have been really good. the re-launch killed it for me i was so devasted by it that i stopped playing it 2 hours in lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I don't  game as much as i would like so it may be yet again a short list .

 

Deus Ex Adam Jensen 

 

Superb story driven plot . I spend more time cursing a certain life blood sucking female scientist than I do playing .

 

Resident Evil 5

 

Again plot over anything else. 

Love everything  about this game in the franchise . Apart from If you loose a life in the Market  place section.  For some  reason  I find that  cut scean 🤢🤢🤢🤢

 

Lord Of The Rings War in The North. 

 

A delight to play just so immersive  and ties  in fantastically to the  movies.  Also one hell of a  steelbook. 

 

 

Lego Games any and all lego game 

 

Any age any ability  they just make you smile.  A priceless  thing these days a feel good feeling 

 

The Last Of Us

 

You are left with a deep gut wrenching , bereftness and that is  only in the 1st 15 mins of the bloody game 😢😢😢😢.

 

More than once I was left screaming NO at a tv screen . Thanks for that Naughty Dog .

 

 

Chronicles Of Riddick Escape From Butchers Bay and Dark Athena. 

 

Fits in so well with the Riddick  universe and fills in a lot of Riddicks back story. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

I don't  game as much as i would like so it may be yet again a short list .

 

Deus Ex Adam Jensen 

 

Superb story driven plot . I spend more time cursing a certain life blood sucking female scientist than I do playing .

 

Resident Evil 5

 

Again plot over anything else. 

Love everything  about this game in the franchise . Apart from If you loose a life in the Market  place section.  For some  reason  I find that  cut scean 🤢🤢🤢🤢

 

Lord Of The Rings War in The North. 

 

A delight to play just so immersive  and ties  in fantastically to the  movies.  Also one hell of a  steelbook. 

 

 

Lego Games any and all lego game 

 

Any age any ability  they just make you smile.  A priceless  thing these days a feel good feeling 

 

The Last Of Us

 

You are left with a deep gut wrenching , bereftness and that is  only in the 1st 15 mins of the bloody game 😢😢😢😢.

 

More than once I was left screaming NO at a tv screen . Thanks for that Naughty Dog .

 

 

Chronicles Of Riddick Escape From Butchers Bay and Dark Athena. 

 

Fits in so well with the Riddick  universe and fills in a lot of Riddicks back story. 

 

 

we'll just call this the Scary hair exclusive games...other games arent worth mentioning lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

9 minutes ago, Tulenos253 said:

we'll just call this the Scary hair exclusive games...other games arent worth mentioning lol 

 

I dont game that much .

 

I struggle sometimes to connect with the 1st person view .

 

And the inversion thing .

 

Our boy worked out it's tied into my Dislexia . That because how I am wired wrong head wise . On somw games my head can not work it .

 

The map on RE 4 for instance . The controller went flying more than once withfrustration i am very sad to say 😢😢  that is not normally me 😪😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Scary Hair said:

 

I dont game that much .

 

I struggle sometimes to connect with the 1st person view .

 

And the inversion thing .

 

Our boy worked out it's tied into my Dislexia . That because how I am wired wrong head wise . On somw games my head can not work it .

 

The map on RE 4 for instance . The controller went flying more than once withfrustration i am very sad to say 😢😢  that is not normally me 😪😪

that sounds like me with sports games or the souls/borne series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


About us

We are a great site committed to bringing together Collectors from all around the globe . We offer Groupbuys at Cost.  We offer many more things then your average Community. Come in and try us , we are sure you will Like us for sure.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? We are here to help in any way we can

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy