IGNORED

Favorite Vampire Movie

Hey Psychos.

I was posed a question on a Facebook Group which gave me pause - "What is your favorite vampire movie?"  What I realized is that there are some fun vampire movies, but many are campy or do not live up to the hype associated with it, so we find ourselves celebrating exceptionally old classics or independent films that are known by a few.  This is my inquiry to you to find out what your favorites are.  I have to start by telling you the top of my list is actually on two lists.  Not only is it the best Vampire movie that I have seen, but it is also the best mocumentary that I have seen (yes - greater than This Is Spinal Tap and Best in Show).  Here goes my list, and I'd love to see your list.  If you don't love Taika Waititi after watching it, you're as soulless as the vampires of old!

1. What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - the television series is a great companion to the movie

2. Interview with a Vampire (1994) - Tom, Brad, Antonio, Christian and Kristen - what a cast!

3. The Lost Boys (1987) - humor mixed with horror seemed to be a theme of the '80s

4. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) - I told my friend upon walking out of the theater that Clooney was going to be a big star

5. Fright Night (1985) - childhood favorite - Charlie Brewster is a great name to add to the lore of vampire hunting

6. Let the Right One In (2008) - the twist on this is tremendous - also see Let Me in for the Hollywood remake

7. Fright Night (2011) - a GREAT remake - David Tennant as Peter Vincent is awesome; Anton Yelchin was taken too soon from us and Colin Farrell was DAMN good as a vampire

8. 30 Days of Night (2007) - Graphic Novel adaptation with Josh Hartnett and Melissa George as the heroes; Danny Huston and Ben Foster are especially good - probably the most gore-filled film on this list

9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) - Pee Wee Herman as a vampire - enough said - Joss Whedon probably should have directed - of course the series is a cult favorite and paved the way for other great series

10. Near Dark (1987) - the other gore-filed one - Adrian Pasdar (Heroes & Agents of SHIELD), Bill Paxon and Lance Henriksen are the biggest names in it - it's an early project of future Oscar winner, Kathryn Bigelow

384323568.png

• Like 4

In no order at all Vampire wise 

Dracula  1979

Frank Langella,  Lawence Olivier , Trevor Eve John Badham director .

The gothic Yorkshire coast bleak feel is nothing shy of Genius 

Interview With The Vampire

some real dark poop going on in that movie and a great Psycho evil turn from Cruise 

Dracula Untold 

The genesis of the Vampire legend  i know it bombed i flipping love it .

Buffy The Vampire Slayer 

Rutger Hauer  ENOUGH SAID. 

Sundown The Vampire In Retreat 

A Fun romp where Vampires run a substitute Blood factory much to the annoyance of purists among them 

Blade 

Fantastic action set pieces 

Daybreaks

Cracking story and performances. 

Fright Night  + Fright Night 2

Charlie Brewster and co I never tire of watching 2 needs the full reworking Blu Ray and 4K .

The Lost Boys 

Will never age in my lowly opinion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scary Hair said:

In no order at all Vampire wise 

Dracula  1979

Frank Langella,  Lawence Olivier , Trevor Eve John Badham director .

The gothic Yorkshire coast bleak feel is nothing shy of Genius 

Interview With The Vampire

some real dark poop going on in that movie and a great Psycho evil turn from Cruise 

Dracula Untold 

The genesis of the Vampire legend  i know it bombed i flipping love it .

Buffy The Vampire Slayer 

Rutger Hauer  ENOUGH SAID. 

Sundown The Vampire In Retreat 

A Fun romp where Vampires run a substitute Blood factory much to the annoyance of purists among them 

Blade 

Fantastic action set pieces 

Daybreaks

Cracking story and performances. 

Fright Night  + Fright Night 2

Charlie Brewster and co I never tire of watching 2 needs the full reworking Blu Ray and 4K .

The Lost Boys 

Will never age in my lowly opinion. 

This is a great list.  Daybreakers was such a good cast and just fell short.  TBH it's probably 10 or 11 on any given day depending on my mood.  I loved Wilhem Dafoe in it - and Ethan Hawke is always good. 

How did you feel about the Fright Night remake?  I am a Doctor Who fanatic, so I was very excited about Tennant playing Peter Vincent - loved his (and the director's) take on PV.

I'm not sure why more Hammer/1960s and 1970s Vampire movies didn't make my list.  Vincent Price and Christopher Lee era was so good - I need to relook at some of those.

• Like 1

It was very good the Fright Night Reboot . The addition of Christopher Sarandon was BRILLIANT. 

For me not all of the cast hit the right pace  

The mum and girlfriend where drips .

Tennant was AMAZING  .

Farell was a revelation 

And Anton Chelzin was lost far too soon .

UK crew i think What we do in the shadows is on I Player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

* to be continued in BLOOD! muuhahaha

you should of never got me started... I'll be back to update, busy with other things now... you've created a MONSTER! xD

vampire.gif first off thank you @Steelbook Indy for starting this thread of one of my fav Horror genres! evil.gif

BTW my 61 Days of Horror/Halloween watching is coming up real soon!

in no particular Vamp order:

- Dracula (1931)

- House of Dark Shadows (1970)

- Only Lovers Left Alive (2014)

- Kiss of the Damned (2012)

- The Vampire lovers (1973)

- Twins of Evil (1971) for obvious reasons!

Spoiler

Twins%2520of%2520Evil.jpg?auto=format%25

- Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

- From Dusk Till dawn (1996) for obvious reasons!

Spoiler

from-dusk-till-dawn-salma-hayek-900x506.

- Let the Right One In (2008)

- Billy the Kid vs Dracula (1966) for nostalgia reasons!

- Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968)

- Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972)

- House of Dracula (1945)

- House of Frankenstein (1944)

- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) a great Drac was in here!

- Mark of the Vampie (1935)

- Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970)

- The Kiss of the Vampire (1963)

- Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966)

- Dracula Untold (2014)

- The Brides of Dracula (1960)

- The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)

- Underworld (2003)

- Van Helsing (2004)

- Vampire Hunter D (1985)

- Hellsing (2006)

- Horror of Dracula (1958)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steelbook Indy said:

I Player?  I have it saved to my DVR.  I can’t bring myself to buy a amaray copy, because I just KNOW they’ll release a special edition or Steelbook - and then I’ll have to double dip. :(

I player = BBC  Catch up service. 

BBC = British  Broadcasting Corporation . A UK free to air station ❤❤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veum said:

you should of never got me started... I'll be back to update, busy with other things now... you've created a MONSTER! xD

vampire.gif first off thank you @Steelbook Indy for starting this thread of one of my fav Horror genres! evil.gif

- Dracula (1931)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

- Dracula Untold (2014)

- Underworld (2003)

- Van Helsing (2004)

- Hellsing (2006)

Where is What We Do in the Shadows?  Holy Hell!  Tell me that you’ve seen it.

• Like 1

You know what, I was just thinking about this topic because I felt like I haven’t seen enough vampire movies despite being such a fan. I felt like this year Halloween Season more vampire movies must be consumed! There are so many & I’m planning on discovering which ones I enjoy. With that said my favorites so far are......

MV5BZjk3YmZhMDAtOWUzMS00YjE5LTkxNzAtY2I1

Growing up my grandma & uncle use to hate George Clooney as an actor. For some reason he just wasn’t their taste. I caught this movie on cable One night & thought “let me see for myself how good Or bad Clooney is”. By the end of this movie not only was I a Clooney fan but this movie was at the top of my list of favorite horror movies. I was young when I saw this movie & it has held it’s spot as not only my top favorite vampire movie but horror period. That's why when KimChi released their box set it was a no brainer for me to purchase.

951048354_o.jpg

I've been a fan of Blade ever since I saw him guest appear in Spider-Man the animated series. I didn't get a chance to see it at the movies, but when I did watch it I remember being excited! I was telling my Uncle, & parents Blade's comic book origins. They thought the movie was just another cool Wesley Snipes project. I was like "noooo, it's more than that". Anyways we all watched in the living room Uncle, Mom, Dad, & my lil sister, & needless to say we enjoyed the hell out of it. That was a good time!

blade-ii.jpg

As for the sequel we all can agree more often than not the sequel usually doesn't reach the highs of the first movie. That can't be said for Blade 2, Guillermo del Toro double down on everything that made Blade great plus adding his own flavor to the film. He created a whole new breed of vampire!! I really need for one of these retailers to focus up & create premium editions for this & the first film!

MV5BMWEzNmUxZTMtZjY0My00OGNmLWIyNDctODM2

My parents let me watch horror at a young age so young that I can't remember a time where The Lost Boys wasn't in my life. I don't remember my 1st viewing, I think it's because I've been watching it for as long as I've watched Sesame Street & Looney Tunes.

MV5BYTBlOTEzZjYtZTlmMC00OTYyLWIyMTAtNzMz

Fright Night had such an impact on my childhood that I can remember playing games w/my neighborhood friends that center around the story. We basically acted out the movie everyday. Sometimes we changed the plot by adding Batman or we was Power Rangers taking on vampires. Either way the movie was the spark of those play times.

best-vampire-movies-buffy-the-vampire-sl

Very fun movie, I grow up having a crush on both versions of the Buffy character. Loved the movie & definitely love the television show.

let_me_in_movie_poster_chloe_moretz_01.j

I was blown away by this movie when I first saw it. I didn't know it was a remake until after seeing it. I remember reading a review that said "this movie is one of the few horror movies that will leave you troubled after viewing it". I believe that is what I was after viewing this film troubled. It caught me off guard, cause I had no expectations. I really appreciated a movie having that kind of impact on me. I really need to take the time to watch the original film.

948342621_o.jpg

This movie was funny & Eddie Murphy's practical effects freaked me the hell out.

best-vampire-movies-30-days-of-night-156

I like this movie because for the first time in a long time vampires was shown as true creatures of the night, monsters. Not a superhero, not sexy, not something to want to be like, but something to fear, & be afraid of. The fact that they are able to walk around 24/7 is the icing on the cake!

best-vampire-movies-twilight-1531239933.

Here I'm not just talking about the first movie but the whole saga. What can I say, I enjoy teen melodrama. It's cheesy, & eye rolling in places but it's also creative with it take on vampires & other creatures of the night. I also find the cast to be quite charming to watch.

best-vampire-movies-underworld-153123993

I remember the excitement me & my high school friends had when the trailer dropped for this. Wolves vs Vampires?!! If you ever was a fan of any movie featuring either monster you had to see this show down. It didn't disappoint. 

latest?cb=20121211035136

If you are into the style of Blaxploitation films then this is one you got to see. Hell even if you’re not into those films I would still recommend it just because it’s so damn funny!

MV5BNTJmMjliMTYtYTk1MC00ZGU1LTgyYzktYmQ1YmY4ODEyMjk0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM3NzQ5NzQ@._V1_.thumb.jpg.f00334ebe8ca617544deeb51b9801ad5.jpg

Me & my sister found this movie on a list of must watch horror films a few years ago. Both of us wanted to spend that years Halloween season watching films we hadn’t seen. It’s basically a end of the world kinda movie but instead of zombies being the cause of the chaos it’s vampires. There is one scene in the movie that always stands out in my memory that had my sister & I like

giphy.gif

It’s a good movie & since then me & my sister has added it to our rotation of horror films.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 5

@Steelbook Indy

I’m definitely watching What We Do in the Shadows this year. I’ve been hearing about how good it is for a little while now. Near Dark is also another film I’m watching this year. Time flys & there is so much horror to consume. I’m starting my horror season early this year. I may even extend it past Halloween.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Veum said:

- Dracula (1931)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

- Dracula Untold (2014)

- Underworld (2003)

- Van Helsing (2004)

- Hellsing (2006)

Your list got me excited there is so much on it I need to see! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

It should be noted that What We Do in the Shadows is much more humor than horror, but it's a great blend.  I'd say that only Evil Dead 2 and Shaun of the Dead rise about it.  However, every time that I view it, I find that I enjoy it more than the last.

Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) is a genius (so is Jemaine Clement).  I could see this rising above ED2 and SotD to be honest.

• Thanks 2

Now Blade in the Spiderman  animated series  he was one of the 2 Marvel  characters i knew something about with the swathe of MCU .

Of cause Wesley Snipes Blade was before the whole cash cow of MCU .

What a breath of fresh air . Casting bang on , plot action everything a movie should be .

Blade 2 lacked something I can never quite put my finger on what is missing as Del Turo is one of my favourite directors .

Blade 3 what a shame the ball was dropped  that could have been a true stand out movie .

Now with the announcement  of Mahershala Ali being touted for the reboot I hope that Blade  will finally be where he should be one of the most popular  Marvel heroes EVER . Fact he and Doctor Strange  should be up thire  with Stark,  Banner,  Rodgers and co 

The other hope is that Blade keeps his brutal adult edge and is not dulled down to a teen wishy washy as interesting as dirty cold dish water in the name of selling tickets.

Excited to see what is done with Blade in a word 

200w_d.gif

• Like 3

Very hard for me to answer since it’s a genre I’m not very familiar with and hardly one of my favorites, but if I have to pick some titles that stick to mind then it would be:

From Dusk Till Dawn - for sheer entertainment value.

Morse - just a wonderful movie with a brilliant atmosphere. Probably the only film of this genre I would consider owning.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Very hard for me to answer since it’s a genre I’m not very familiar with and hardly one of my favorites, but if I have to pick some titles that stick to mind then it would be:

From Dusk Till Dawn - for sheer entertainment value.

Morse - just a wonderful movie with a brilliant atmosphere. Probably the only film of this genre I would consider owning.

Then you haven't obviously watched What We Do in the Shadows

It's Brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Favourite Vampire Movies:

1. From Dusk Till Dawn

2. Let the Right One in

3. Shadow of the Vampire

4. Nosferatu (Klaus Kinski)

5. The Fearless Vampire Killers / Dance of the Vampires

6. Bram Stokers Dracula

7. Interview with a Vampire

8. 30 Days of Night

9. Blade

10. Lesbian Vampires (Jesus Franco) - the movie is 🙈, but the Soundtrack 😍.

• Like 4