Grendel

World Of Warcraft : Classic

Back in 2005, my daughter and some of her friends decided to purchase and enjoy the original launch of WoW.

My daughter and I were old hands by then at RPG type games, such as the Baldur's Gate series ( and spin-offs), Warcraft, Diablo, etc. so it seemed like a great idea.

After watching her play for a while, I too opened an account and got involved.

It was great fun and I quite enjoyed leveling up a few characters such as, Warlock, Hunter, and Druid.

After the Burning Crusade expansion, the bloom was sort of falling off the rose for me and after playing WotLK for a while, stopped playing altogether.

Well, here we are about `14 years after that initial launch and I guess the roars from the fanatics was loud enough, Blizzard is re-launching;

World Of Warcraft: Classic, which will be the original vanilla game, running on a 2019 engine for stability and cosmetics!

I fully intend on getting onboard with this and reliving some nostalgic moments from those glory days.

It's scheduled to launch near the end of August so I've been watching a few Youtube vids (of which there are a LOT) to get back in the groove.

Time to pull out my archived Atlas and Manuals, dust off my old Hunter's bow and Warlock's wand and kill some critters, FOR THE HORDE!  🙂

I hope to see some of you in Azeroth... 😉

p.s. my daughter, and now my Grand-daughter, will be playing as well.

I just hope this old fogey can keep up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1