Jigsaw

cant have an opinion anymore...

anyone else feel the world became so caught up in feelings and take everything to the extreme that no one can have an opinion anymore? I made a comment on a page about how i wasn't crazy about the idea of how they are going about the new little mermaid live action movie..... and right away everyone called me a racist and i cant judge people and that a mermaid is a fish not a person bla bla bla... cant say anything now a days,, lol

If I feel strongly enough about a subject, I will always voice my opinion. I don't go out of my way to denigrate the opinions of others, and will usually try to use facts to make my rationale known.

That said, I'll usually also stay clear of toxic forum boards where I've come to realize that some folk enjoy being dipwads.

It's mostly twits that, were it not for the anonymity offered by a false name (their, heh, 'avatar') and long distance keyboarding, wouldn't have the nerve to say boo to your face.

Just laugh it off and be yourself buddy!

- don't denigrate others, even when they are being tools

- use facts to back-up your thoughts

- stay out of cesspools

and most important...

- DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!  🛑

Cheers my friend! 🙂

@Jigsaw

I find the problem is people have lost the art of listening to an opposing opinion to thire own  .

A discussion has to  be a 2 way street . Other wise its a one way blockage .

The casting thing is always going to be a sticky subject. 

People have built in ideas of what a personal  ideal of a loved character is . Anything that differs from that perspective is alien to them .

I always want the best person to play the part in question  .

I had a similar thing with a work colleague when I said no to Idris Elba being the next James Bond . As he thought I was part  of the Bond must be white brigade 

He was taken when I explained that my point that by the time filming will take place Elba will be older than Craig. 

A better pick would be Ashley Walters  OR Miguel Gomez  to me . 

That's to me , others may say thire ideal is someone totaly different. 

Having a point of view is what makes us individuals ❤❤

On 7/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Scary Hair said:

@Jigsaw

I find the problem is people have lost the art of listening to an opposing opinion to thire own  .

A discussion has to  be a 2 way street . Other wise its a one way blockage .

The casting thing is always going to be a sticky subject. 

People have built in ideas of what a personal  ideal of a loved character is . Anything that differs from that perspective is alien to them .

I always want the best person to play the part in question  .

I had a similar thing with a work colleague when I said no to Idris Elba being the next James Bond . As he thought I was part  of the Bond must be white brigade 

He was taken when I explained that my point that by the time filming will take place Elba will be older than Craig. 

A better pick would be Ashley Walters  OR Miguel Gomez  to me . 

That's to me , others may say thire ideal is someone totaly different. 

Having a point of view is what makes us individuals ❤❤

i agree 100%

On 7/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, Grendel said:

If I feel strongly enough about a subject, I will always voice my opinion. I don't go out of my way to denigrate the opinions of others, and will usually try to use facts to make my rationale known.

That said, I'll usually also stay clear of toxic forum boards where I've come to realize that some folk enjoy being dipwads.

It's mostly twits that, were it not for the anonymity offered by a false name (their, heh, 'avatar') and long distance keyboarding, wouldn't have the nerve to say boo to your face.

Just laugh it off and be yourself buddy!

- don't denigrate others, even when they are being tools

- use facts to back-up your thoughts

- stay out of cesspools

and most important...

- DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!  🛑

Cheers my friend! 🙂

thank you grendel! you re soo right lol