• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

8 hours ago, RileyLad said:

Do we just give him the award or is someone gonna be able to count all that??

3o7btPCcdNniyf0ArS.gif.5ee0abe099753f9bb49e6cbdc3838dcf.gif

Over to you @extantsrevenge

BmmfETghGOPrW.gif.855bc52d4f505e8d0fcc0cde7fbf0503.gif

🤣🤣

Uhhh No GIF by Brittany Broski

Really sorry @Tonic24k . @SilentasKnight is right about the rules.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, extantsrevenge said:

For the Lenticular Edition Collector award, you need 25 individual Lenticular editions. A Lenticular Edition is a release that features a Lenticular on the outside of the package, so a Lenticular on front or the back of the Slip or a Lenticular on a regular Steelbook. Releases that only have a Lenticular as an extra inside the release (like many Filmarena releases have), do NOT count for this award. We have to be able to see the Lenticular, so if you include a OC Set it will only count as 1 edition if it has a Lenticular on the Box, the editions inside do NOT count, only if we see them. This award is not limited to Premium releases, regular releases, or releases that don't have a Steelbook inside are also eligible. Not allowed are editions with custom lenticulars.

With the single Lenti you only are at 17. So even when your MCU wall is most impressive I can't give you the award. Do you collect exclusively only Marvel, noting else?

1 minute ago, extantsrevenge said:

Uhhh No GIF by Brittany Broski

Really sorry @Tonic24k . @SilentasKnight is right about the rules.

With the single Lenti you only are at 17. So even when your MCU wall is most impressive I can't give you the award. Do you collect exclusively only Marvel, noting else?

I’m not fussed about the awards but I am curios as to why this wouldn’t follow the same logic as the Collector awards. To be eligible you’re able to reason if it’s a sealed OC, it’s got a known number of editions inside and the count goes toward the number required. This can also be inferred with types of packaging. We know how many Full Slips and how many Lentis are in each OC.

Just seeking better understanding. 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
44 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

I’m not fussed about the awards but I am curios as to why this wouldn’t follow the same logic as the Collector awards. To be eligible you’re able to reason if it’s a sealed OC, it’s got a known number of editions inside and the count goes toward the number required. This can also be inferred with types of packaging. We know how many Full Slips and how many Lentis are in each OC.

We don't follow the same logic on the Full-Slip and Lenticular awards, because they are a different type of awards. These are packaging awards, so we want to see the packaging.

A huge amount of members do not open something like a OC, so when we started the awards it was always clear that all the editions from a retailer would count towards a specific retailer award open or sealed.

But here it is different, so that we all can appreciate the Full-Slips or Lenticulars that are shared. Since these packaging awards include every retailer, I acually never anticipated the sealed OCs to become a problem for members.

What I did allow was that if a OC has a Lenti on Front and you include that, it would count as 1 edition toward the award.

I just went through the FS Award and I found an instance where another member also showed sealed OC, these OC had no lenti on front and all included at least 1 FS, so I made the exception and gave the award. Having seen that, I will check if your picture is reaching the 25 required edition that way.

That said, I would appreciate if members keep to single editions on the Lenti & FS award and lay them out for us to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

vor 45 Minuten schrieb DodgyDave:

These awards must be highly sought after if we are now getting a bit of "argy-bargy" over them. :D

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tonic24k:

Well, for me personally, I would like to see those awards as an oportunity to show off those nice editions in all their glory and let us fellow collectors admire them. :)

And if I understand Nils correctly, that's the original point behind them. Just taking a quick snap of those neatly organized boxes on a shelf goes a bit contrary to that, if you ask me. Post that same pic in all award threads, let Nils pick out the right editions and BOOM congratz, you've achieved all awards - where's the fun in that?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

We don't follow the same logic on the Full-Slip and Lenticular awards, because they are a different type of awards. These are packaging awards, so we want to see the packaging.

A huge amount of members do not open something like a OC, so when we started the awards it was always clear that all the editions from a retailer would count towards a specific retailer award open or sealed.

But here it is different, so that we all can appreciate the Full-Slips or Lenticulars that are shared. Since these packaging awards include every retailer, I acually never anticipated the sealed OCs to become a problem for members.

What I did allow was that if a OC has a Lenti on Front and you include that, it would count as 1 edition toward the award.

I just went through the FS Award and I found an instance where another member also showed sealed OC, these OC had no lenti on front and all included at least 1 FS, so I made the exception and gave the award. Having seen that, I will check if your picture is reaching the 25 required edition that way.

That said, I would appreciate if members keep to single editions on the Lenti & FS award and lay them out for us to see.

I appreciate the explanation, my friend. I can understand how the objective to award this would be different. And now I'm privy to previous conversations revolving around this.

Although at the same time I think you're all just conspiring against me so that I finally open my thangs up! (@Intentcoin @LeGonze)

6 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

These awards must be highly sought after if we are now getting a bit of "argy-bargy" over them. :D

What the hell does argy-bargy even mean?! 😂

5 hours ago, claptraw said:

Well, for me personally, I would like to see those awards as an oportunity to show off those nice editions in all their glory and let us fellow collectors admire them. :)

And if I understand Nils correctly, that's the original point behind them. Just taking a quick snap of those neatly organized boxes on a shelf goes a bit contrary to that, if you ask me. Post that same pic in all award threads, let Nils pick out the right editions and BOOM congratz, you've achieved all awards - where's the fun in that?

I see you've joined the ranks in their efforts to get my collection opened up...

Who Are You Conspiracy GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

You conspiring bastards! 

My final remarks - I really am totally fine not getting these awards until I open my OCs up and can display the individual slips. I didn't even think about this award until I had posted that last photo of my shelves and thought to myself, surely I have 25 FSs and Lentis in there. I was just thinking along the same logic as the collectors awards. I do understand the difference tho and will one day make you all proud and release my editions from their cages!! 

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, Tonic24k said:

Worry not my friend, you can just add this award to the long list of reasons to open your OCs. 

Thanks for the tag 😉

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

In the world we are going to, society will be structured around:

- Your genetic card.

- Your vaccination card.

- Your MP Awards.

This is how mortgages, weddings, human resources selection processes, and plane seats will be decided.

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I agree with what you say. I have to take some photos for two or three more prizes, and that, having to organize it, do it, see it, I think that's the fun thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...