nefilim

The Concert Thread

Just seen Iron Maiden and as always they were FLAWLESS! booked tickets for later in the year to see Marilyn Manson

Very best concert I've ever seen was Pink Floyd on the Division Bell Tour at Earls Court, No one even remotely compares to Floyd live and I've seen hundreds of bands over the years. Second to them is Rammstein who I've seen many times and they are always stunning!

Awards

1 hour ago, Scary Hair said:

@psychoscot

Marilyn Manson is fantastic . Saw him many many moons ago Nottingham Rock City as good as the CD .

You seen him before sweetheart ??

About 10 times so far. Mainly in Birmingham at the Arena and Academy, but also at festivals and twice in London. He can be terrible live, but if in form he's BRILLIANT 

Awards

13 hours ago, psychoscot said:

Just seen Iron Maiden and as always they were FLAWLESS! booked tickets for later in the year to see Marilyn Manson

Very best concert I've ever seen was Pink Floyd on the Division Bell Tour at Earls Court, No one even remotely compares to Floyd live and I've seen hundreds of bands over the years. Second to them is Rammstein who I've seen many times and they are always stunning!

I am pretty sure Roger Waters was better in his latest The Wall tour. I loved it.

11 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

@psychoscot

Marilyn Manson is fantastic . Saw him many many moons ago Nottingham Rock City as good as the CD .

You seen him before sweetheart ??

Yes. MM is awesome. Seen him once or twice.

Awards

2 hours ago, nefilim said:

I am pretty sure Roger Waters was better in his latest The Wall tour. I loved it.

Yes. MM is awesome. Seen him once or twice.

Seen Roger many times including the Wall tour and he is excellent but still not even half as good as seeing Floyd. I've seen many bands U2, Queen with Fred and nothing comes close to them, they were pretty much in a league of their own in terms of sonics and stage show.

Awards

Upcoming:  Going to see Metallica this Friday! Maybe Miike Snow later on this month.

Best: Chris Cornell, Clutch/Mastodon/Graveyard was an amazing lineup, Killswitch Engage all three times, NIN, Metallica, Trivium, Ghost, QOTSA

Worst: Nickelback/Trapt just wanted to see the newly built arena, countless of festival bands and opening acts

Edited by lodeus

I've seen Soundgarden twice and they were awesome both times. Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio was also great.

Worst: Ozzy Osbourne few years ago, we left in the middle of the concert it was so bad. Guns N' Roses wasn't so good either, Axl had identity crisis and kept the audience waiting for two hours.

Awards

On 01/08/2017 at 5:16 PM, MrsXena said:

I've seen Soundgarden twice and they were awesome both times. Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio was also great.

Worst: Ozzy Osbourne few years ago, we left in the middle of the concert it was so bad. Guns N' Roses wasn't so good either, Axl had identity crisis and kept the audience waiting for two hours.

He seems to have sorted that out for the current reunion tour, which is nice. Never fancied seeing Axl without the rest for me thats just the Axl show. I saw GnR just as they became big as support to the Stones at Wembley, they were absolutely out of their minds on everything, and brilliant lol

@nefilim Yeah picked up the 3D Metallica show, and thought it was very good, even if I'm not their biggest fan.

Awards

14 hours ago, psychoscot said:

He seems to have sorted that out for the current reunion tour, which is nice. Never fancied seeing Axl without the rest for me thats just the Axl show. I saw GnR just as they became big as support to the Stones at Wembley, they were absolutely out of their minds on everything, and brilliant lol

@nefilim Yeah picked up the 3D Metallica show, and thought it was very good, even if I'm not their biggest fan.

Well, I never saw GnR in their glory days, I've always liked their music though. Good if Axl has come to his senses.

Awards

Uuuh. Music. I love music. Especially live music. Just last week I was at "M'Era Luna" in Hildesheim, Germany. Which isn't a concert, but a festival for dark music (Gothic, EBM, Metal, Post punk and Medieval). Saw lots of great bands:

• Cyborg
  • erdling
  • Merciful Nuns
  • Zeraphine
  • Tanzwut
  • Lord of the Lost
  • The 69 Eyes
  • Ministry
  • In Extremo
  • Schattenmann
  • Heimataerde
  • Die Kammer
  • Bannkreis
  • Lacrimas Profundere
  • L'Ame Immortelle
  • Peter Heppner

In October, I'll be visiting ASP (Folkrock) and in November Empathy Test (Electronic Pop) - both in Hamburg. And if I can (but probably not, because I don't have time when they perform),  I would have loved to also go to  Goethes Erben (Avantgarde/Music theater).

Edited by pygospa