IGNORED

Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Screenplay: James Cameron

Cast: Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Rodriguez, Mahershala Ali, Christoph Waltz, Jackie Earle Haley

Plot: In the twenty-sixth century, a female cyborg is rescued from the scrap heap by a scientist.

I'm a huge Alita fan since the early 2000 when the Manga was being released in Germany. This was in delevolment for Years and the Original Plan was that James Cameron would do this himself after Avatar, anyway thinks have changed and he is only producer and has writen the screenplay. I'm happy that it is finally getting closer to an actual movie. I really hope that this will be R Rated and that it will included a lot of the crazy stuff that makes the Manga so enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Stumbled on this by accident I hit the link by mistake . That Trailer is :TRUCDEOUF::omg:.

@psychoscot @Masterblaster @DodgyDave @Pbsw23 @Sicksol @ukade2327 @atomicblonde @45Caliber

@hdblueman @Viper0210 @sepultura007 @forenhase @scrface87 it looks GOOD ???.

@extantsrevenge @Benoit46 THANK YOU BOTH  ????

• ★ Administrators ★

The manga is awesome, especially the first series. Great art and story, and a lot of violence. I have started reading this in 2001 when they started releasing in Germany. It was OOP for a long time but both Germany and the US are making new editions because of the movie. Kodansha USA has just released Volume 1 of a Deluxe Edition (available on all amazon). If you like the Trailer and are interested in Manga, this is a must have.

@Scary Hair @scrface87

• ★ Administrators ★

Rodriguez told fans at Comic-Con Experience in Brazil that they are aiming for a PG13...

giphy.gif

also saying that Sci-Fi PG13 would allow much more than real life movies.

I have to say that is horrible news. I wonder if they read the Manga at all. Ghost in the Shell was PG13 and look how that performed, and the sourcematerial of GitS is not even close to what Alita is like.

But I guess R rated is still to risky for such high progile Blockbuster, and maybe Cameron thinks people will see it anyway because his name is attached.

• 1 month later...

"

We got our first glimpse of the Robert Rodriguez-directed, James Cameron-produced/co-written Alita: Battle Angel back in December, a feature film based on the Japanese manga series “Gunnm” by Yukito Kishiro. At that time, the big-eyed sci-fi heroine was to arrive in theaters on July 20, but 20th Century Fox just moved that date.

Rodriguez’s latest will now release this holiday season, December 21.

"

If you liked Avatar then this looks like it's going to be stunning!!

Release date - 2018

Plot - Alita is a futuristic cyborg who wakes up in a doctor's clinic with no memory of who she is. She must soon use her extraordinary fighting abilities to combat deadly forces while trying to uncover the truth behind her mysterious past.

Director - Robert Rodriguez

Producer - James Cameron

Stars - Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly

Trailer here

Alita-Battle-Angel-Movie-Trailer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

2nd Trailer. I hope the big eyes are not so annoying in cinema ? Otherwise many thinks one might know from the Manga, but already ovious that the story will be different than in the Manga. I guess beginning will be almost the same and the end more new stuff. Still excited ?

I find it surprising that so many people have been complaining about the big eyes and the CG effects in general. I don't have a problem with her eyes at all, and I think the effects look great. Maybe I don't have a problem with her eyes because I've been watching anime for 35 years and it's become engrained in me? But I actually did have a problem with Tim Burton's Big Eyes from a few years ago. They were more prominent in Big Eyes though, I think. Anyway, I'm very excited for Alita!

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, DarthEd said:

I find it surprising that so many people have been complaining about the big eyes and the CG effects in general. I don't have a problem with her eyes at all, and I think the effects look great. Maybe I don't have a problem with her eyes because I've been watching anime for 35 years and it's become engrained in me? But I actually did have a problem with Tim Burton's Big Eyes from a few years ago. They were more prominent in Big Eyes though, I think. Anyway, I'm very excited for Alita!

I love the trailer and I also have no issue with those eyes =)

Archived