Grundles

UK Customs Charges

il y a 48 minutes, Grundles a dit :

My 2nd post - and as I am a new member, please can you advise me as to the chance of customs fees being charged to Group buys (no guarantee of course) and approximately how much would it be prudent to allow for?

Thanks

Grundles

Queen @Scary Hair please 😋😘❤️🙏

5 hours ago, Grundles said:

My 2nd post - and as I am a new member, please can you advise me as to the chance of customs fees being charged to Group buys (no guarantee of course) and approximately how much would it be prudent to allow for?

Thanks

Grundles

Hi @Grundles

You just sent me s message as i was heading into work . A reply is waiting for you 😁❤.

Each GB is different  . Even worse to guesstimate for us this side of the pond .

Currency and shipping rates fluctuate so much , that I'd stand a better chance of giving you the winning Lottery numbers world wide than coming up with a solid costing to work from 😳 .

Now WHAT I DO KNOW 😁

Here you are among Collectors. 

The GB price will be far less than any second hand market. 

Also our editions are secured before any webstore orders go live . Panic off while others are mashing refresh and battling with sever crashes WE at MP 

giphy-downsized.gif

All of our HUBS do the best to keep costs as low as possible . Another thing as well ALL HUBS keep our members editions as safe and sound as we can 

giphy.gif

MP IS the Collectors  site and the place to be for ANY GB 😁😊

7 hours ago, Grundles said:

Thanks S H. I know its impossible to predict, but maybe there's a rough idea of, say 1 in every 2 packages gets snagged in customs and the average duty surcharge is £10????? I was only looking for some form of experience based on previous orders

As a rough guide for Group Buys that offer Direct Shipping, the chances of paying UK VAT, through Customs, is very low. 

The actual costs they charge are usually a small amount for VAT and then £8+ for Royal Mail Service Charge or £13+ for Parcelforce, if it is a large package (over 2KG)

16 hours ago, Grundles said:

Thanks S H. I know its impossible to predict, but maybe there's a rough idea of, say 1 in every 2 packages gets snagged in customs and the average duty surcharge is £10????? I was only looking for some form of experience based on previous orders

Not as easy as that I wish it was  ❤🤗 .

Each GB is as individual as what we are .

The fact I can hit a request  button   .

Then pay invoices as they come in like my editions  I'm  a happy camper .

By no means am I a true collector more a dipper who cherry picks the most fitting of that movies litter of what the retailers realise .

Steelbook,  amray , keepcase , media book as long as it fits the movie I'm in like a ferret 

giphy-downsized.gif

9 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

As a rough guide for Group Buys that offer Direct Shipping, the chances of paying UK VAT, through Customs, is very low. 

The actual costs they charge are usually a small amount for VAT and then £8+ for Royal Mail Service Charge or £13+ for Parcelforce, if it is a large package (over 2KG)

Looks like on Kick Ass Nova, everyone in the UK is getting hit. Nova mark $20 but thats over the threshold now, so all Kick Ass UK boxes are being hit. All Asian/Non EU retailers for the foreseable future will see further costs unless they mark boxes $15. Dollar unfortunately is too strong at the moment. Customs charges are pretty much 100% guarantee at the moment if the boxes are marked $20.

Awards

7 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

Looks like on Kick Ass Nova, everyone in the UK is getting hit. Nova mark $20 but thats over the threshold now, so all Kick Ass UK boxes are being hit. All Asian/Non EU retailers for the foreseable future will see further costs unless they mark boxes $15. Dollar unfortunately is too strong at the moment. Customs charges are pretty much 100% guarantee at the moment if the boxes are marked $20.

That is exactly right. This is the problem of retailers having a generic amount they apply to the box. The last time I got a package sent me by Tony (kimchi) I asked him to put $15 on it. 

The problem is if you ask for a low valuation on a box that is heavy. Customs officials might be "of dubious parentage" but they are not stupid.

I believe that the threshold for VAT is approx £15. As soon as you go over that, albeit by a few pennies, you get charged VAT. This in itself is a minor amount. Royal Mail then charge you £8+ (I'm not sure what the figure is now) as admin charge. 

Anyway. Nice to see/hear from you Dave. You've been quiet lately. 

36 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

That is exactly right. This is the problem of retailers having a generic amount they apply to the box. The last time I got a package sent me by Tony (kimchi) I asked him to put $15 on it. 

The problem is if you ask for a low valuation on a box that is heavy. Customs officials might be "of dubious parentage" but they are not stupid.

I believe that the threshold for VAT is approx £15. As soon as you go over that, albeit by a few pennies, you get charged VAT. This in itself is a minor amount. Royal Mail then charge you £8+ (I'm not sure what the figure is now) as admin charge. 

Anyway. Nice to see/hear from you Dave. You've been quiet lately. 

Nail and head. Retailers try their best, and can't always get it right, they could put 15, and the next morning the stock of a currancy changes. They do try their best. For the next few months at least $20 will see charges. For whatever reason that guy in the White house, like him or not has seen a surge in the stock of the $ and thats liable to be the same for a while. I know on my last Blufans GB that they seem to be wise and marked it $15, but as you say that was just a double lenti, and not a one click so was a light package. A one click coming through marked $15  the buyer is taking a chance of customs opening it as the weight alone will raise hairs lol.

Sorry, with a new pair of tiny feet not been posting much anywhere mate. But I still only log on to 2 places daily, Twitter and MP! only places to be!

Awards