R1s1ngs0n

What if you could keep only one...

Let’s say your local IRS is on your case and it turns out you owe them lots of money.

Or, your better half has just decided that she/he wants a to go for a weekend in Bora Bora.

As cash is in short supply due to a certain, expensive hobby you realize there is no other way but to let go of your most prized possessions (and no, I don’t mean your significant other).

But you can’t get rid of them all...you won’t.

You have to hold onto one keepsake from these glorious times.

Which one will it be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

hmmm interesting question

could make other half pay for bora bora firstly

irs or taxman in our country they just change you tax code and take it that way out of your money coming to you is less over 12months. your just take home wage is less.

but if you only had to keep one steel is a very hard question but for me as i have about 300-400 currently.

if you said to be you could keep 1 collection it would be my blufans and flog the rest.

but that be about the best answer you would get out of me. i dont really drink much or anything else for that matter my steels is my one thing, i have for me.

rest of it is paying everything else :(

@Scary Hair@Robertm89@Pbsw23@Grendel@blu.steel33@RileyLad@bilbon@extantsrevenge

read op, nice to see what your answers would be?

basil :)

• Like 4

Awards

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

irs or taxman in our country they just change you tax code and take it that way out of your money coming to you is less over 12months. your just take home wage is less.

but if you only had to keep one steel is a very hard question but for me as i have about 300-400 currently.

if you said to be you could keep 1 collection it would be my blufans and flog the rest.

but that be about the best answer you would get out of me. i dont really drink much or anything else for that matter my steels is my one thing, i have for me.

Ooooo you can't play with my emotions like that lol.... I'd go on the run and avoid the taxman like the plague and get a totally legitimate cash in hand job 😂😂😂 

All joking aside I think if I had to keep a retailer I'd keep hdZ. Understand everyone's love for blufans but there just not my favourite. Probably in the minority on that one lol 

• Like 4

il y a 12 minutes, Basil a dit :

difficult choice too but in view of my collection I hesitate between hdzeta and blufans but I keep my steelbooks blufans and me too I do not smoke and do not drink so this is my first passion😁😉

• Like 4

You guys are either taking the easy way out or I didn’t make myself clear...

You get to keep just one steel, not a retailer.

The only exception I am willing to make is for one clicks, so if you cannot part with Manta’s Fight Club soap bar, that works.

Come on, make an effort 😉

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Thanks 1

Awards

8 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

You guys are either taking the easy way out or I didn’t make myself clear...

You get to keep just one steel, not a retailer.

The only exception I am willing to make is for one clicks, so if you cannot part with Manta’s Fight Club soap bar, that works.

Come on, make an effort 😉

tenor.gif?itemid=3495323

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRziVt4zVXG7bFf4ISIMsQ

2QLJ.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11682405

giphy.gif

he-mind-fucked-me-i-feel-so-violated.jpg

basil xD

• Haha 4

Awards

Wow..... So brutal & hardcore for a Saturday night! 

Ok, let’s get the disclaimer out of the way first.... “I went out drinking last night night, walked home (approx 5miles) at 4am, slept a little, and began drinking again today this afternoon as my team were playing today in the play offs and my nerves cannot take it. Therefore, my decision could be considered somewhat jaded and open to change” 😂

@Basil If it were as simple as a retailer, then yes, I would likely agree with Blufans as I think I have more Blufans WEA steels than any other retailer.

IF I could keep one of each retailer it would be the following:

• Mantalab Man of Steel (1st ever Manta Exclusive)
  • WeET Civil War (1st ever WeET Exclusive)
  • Blufans Ragnarok (Love the Movie, and arguably their best WEA Steelbook to date)
  • NovaMedia Avengers Assemble (Only WEA AA Steel I am aware of?)
  • Kimchi Captain America TWS (Just Love that Black Shield Full Slip edition & of course WEA Steel)
  • Film Arena Deadpool 2 (Cracking little release)

Christ this hard to pick just one, but I think I am going to say Nova’s Avengers Assemble. Just because it was Nova who got me into the Premium game, and because Avengers Assemble was the movie that made me jump into Steelbook collecting (HMV’s Black Avengers logo Steel).

• Like 5

Heh, interesting responses folks!

Well, in the event of say a FIRE, ( the other examples I could hold off with impunity), I wouldn't even worry about my films.

But there's a choice to be made between 3 of my most coveted leather bound book sets on my shelves;

- my Tolkien set, or

- my H.P. Lovecraft set, or

- my Dante Alighieri set (probably this)

But say it was just the films I had to grab, well then I have 3 box sets I'd need to decide betwixt;

- my Miyazaki set, or

- my Hitchcock set, or (probably this)

- my Blood + set (anime)

Each/any of those could probably finance a new lease on life, heh heh.

Cheers! 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Didn’t realize it would be such a difficult proposition for you all (probably because your collections are much bigger than mine so choosing becomes much more difficult), but nice try 👌

As for me, I would probably keep HDzeta’s Blade Runner.

But if we’re talking about any form of Premium then it would be the stunning 2001 WCL - this is the kind of stuff you pass on to your kids.

• Like 4

Awards

^^ Heh, heh, in fairness my friend, you stipulated the use of two terms in your original post;

- "prized possession", and

- "Keepsake"

not "Steelbook" or "Premium Edition".

So, my response, currently, stands...🙂

As most (if not all) of the Steels/Premiums can be obtained (for the right coin) once more, little pressure there.

As for the WCL 2001 edition, no argument from me, a TRUE collector's Item!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

^^ Heh, heh, in fairness my friend, you stipulated the use of two terms in your original post;

- "prized possession", and

- "Keepsake"

not "Steelbook" or "Premium Edition".

So, my response, currently, stands...🙂

Are you being coy? 😉

True, I didn’t specifically stipulate what type of format but I did say it had to be just one regardless...

therefore your answer is not accepted since you couldn’t make up your mind, as your frequent ORs indicate 😚

Awards

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ @Veum,  GREAT choice buddy! 🙂

Again, a true collector's item!

Hey @Grendel, the WCL 2001: A Space Odyssey looks fantastic (saw @romeroland's Youtube showing thumbsup.gif). 

However I've not watched that film in many years, if I can remember just for me mind you, I think I thought it was too boring for me as a film, not visuals though! shrug.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Veum said:

Hey @Grendel, the WCL 2001: A Space Odyssey looks fantastic (saw @romeroland's Youtube showing thumbsup.gif). 

However I've not watched that film in many years, if I can remember just for me mind you, I think I thought it was too boring for me as a film, not visuals though! shrug.gif

This is the type of movie that has to be watched in certain conditions in order to be fully appreciated (no chemicals substances needed).

In the dark, on a big screen tv and with the volume fairly turned up - no outside distractions!

Granted, with regards to plot and dialogue there is not that much going on but the visuals and soundtrack immerse you in a way few other movies could ever hope to achieve, not to speak of the special effects which to this day overshadow pretty much everything else out there.

• Like 1

Awards

I’m a little rough this morning after a catch up with the lads last night! But I’ve had 24 hours to think about this and still it’s very hard to choose just one but here goes....

Like @Robertm89 my favourite retailer is Hdzeta. Followed very closely but blufans, manta lab etc 

I just walked up to my collection and so many premiums that I wanted to pick (mainly Hdzeta) but then I saw this........ my Amazon.jp (Japan) Dark Knight steelbook 

Here are are my reasons why......

This is where it started for me. The days before the premiums and lenticular’s were around. Everyone wanted the rare imported steels. White steelbooks were also very rare at the time. The only way you could get these was on eBay unless you were smart and new how to use foreign websites. I paid £50 for this which was a bargain at the time. This is also the only steelbook that has increase and held value for me. Also after the sad passing of Heath Ledger I don’t think I could ever sell it. To me this is still a grail and no way could I ever part with it 👌😁👍

• Like 4

I have to say (although not my rules on here so what does my opinion matter?! 😂) Personally I cannot accept the Dark Knight Trilogy As 1 edition (Sorry @Veum ). That box has 9 Steelbooks in it! And if that’s allowed, then I will make a custom box and put all my MCU in it and state that as my choice! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

On 5/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, RileyLad said:

I’m a little rough this morning after a catch up with the lads last night! But I’ve had 24 hours to think about this and still it’s very hard to choose just one but here goes....

Like @Robertm89 my favourite retailer is Hdzeta. Followed very closely but blufans, manta lab etc 

I just walked up to my collection and so many premiums that I wanted to pick (mainly Hdzeta) but then I saw this........ my Amazon.jp (Japan) Dark Knight steelbook 

Here are are my reasons why......

This is where it started for me. The days before the premiums and lenticular’s were around. Everyone wanted the rare imported steels. White steelbooks were also very rare at the time. The only way you could get these was on eBay unless you were smart and new how to use foreign websites. I paid £50 for this which was a bargain at the time. This is also the only steelbook that has increase and held value for me. Also after the sad passing of Heath Ledger I don’t think I could ever sell it. To me this is still a grail and no way could I ever part with it 👌😁👍

Very good post mate. Totally agree with you. Is a very nice steel and with the loss of an amazing actor has even more of a sentimental value. It is harder then you expect it to be to choose isn't it @RileyLad 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Very good post mate. Totally agree with you. Is a very nice steel and with the loss of an amazing actor has even more of a sentimental value. It is harder then you expect it to be to choose isn't it @RileyLad 

Yes mate really difficult! Got me sweating a bit 😂😆😂

520742A0-5E79-49FC-B3B7-AD59B4FB7108.gif

• Haha 2